Still your girlfriend

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi everyone, I’m back with chapter 3. I am glad that everyone is still into this fic, and it’s a lot of fun for me to write this too. Let’s see how Joohyun deals with the fact that her girlfriend is a shapeshifter.

 

Seulgi waited some time before finding Joohyun. The bedroom door was closed and Seulgi is positive that her girlfriend is inside the room. She taps at the door first. The raven jumps from underneath the covers. Jesus, she is turning into a nervous wreck.

 

“Uh, Seulgi?” She hesitantly calls out. Now, that she knows Seulgi plus Joy and Yeri are all supernatural beings. There’s no telling what else could happen. Joohyun fears that she will questions if more people are witches, vampires, werewolves, or zombies. The response is a growl on the other side.

 

“Jesus!” Joohyun groans. How is she supposed to communicate with a bear? She understands the bear is Seulgi, but it just seems complicated.

 

“Um, you can come in.” The raven decides. “Wait, can you open the door?”

 

There is an annoyed growl as Seulgi stands on her legs and turns the knob. She falls into the bedroom with a thud. Joohyun is about to get up to see if she’s alright, but the bear cub sits up adorably, and makes a sound as if laughing.

 

“You’re laughing? Then you’re not hurt?”

 

“No, I’m fine.” Seulgi wants to climb in the bed too, but decides not to. Her girlfriend is still looking at her as if she is scared. Joohyun sighs, how could any of this be happening? She and Seulgi have been together for so long. They were always so honest with one another. Joohyun thinks she understands why Seulgi didn’t think she could tell her the truth. The small bear is sitting there nervously touching her paws together. Seulgi honestly never thought this day would come. She always hoped to avoid this very thing from happening. She knew, Joohyun would never be able to handle this part of her.

 

“Seul, I’m sorry.” Joohyun whispers. “I’m sorry that my fear of animals made you terrified to tell me about yourself. You probably kept this hidden for so long.”

 

“You have no idea.” Seulgi growls at her, and the raven looks puzzled. She doesn’t care what Joy says, Seulgi sounds like she is growling, and it’s difficult to understand anything she is saying.

 

“Just listen to her, my .”

 

Seulgi wonders if she can try to move to the bed now, and makes her way over. She jumps up but doesn’t miss the way Joohyun stiffens. She crawls over to her and reaches out one of her paws.

 

“Come on Hyunnie, touch my hand.”

 

Joohyun gets what she’s trying to do. She starts to put out her hand to touch of Seulgi’s paws. It’s a warm, furry paw instead of her usual warm hand. Joohyun holds her paw for a few moments before pulling away.

 

“Sorry, you’re cute Seul, and I know it’s you., but…” Seulgi gives her a nod in understanding. She can’t expect for Joohyun to miraculously be okay. When she has feared animals for as long, as she has known the woman.

 

“Alright, Hyunnie. I understand.” Seulgi starts to get off the bed when Joohyun calls out to her.

 

“Hey, Seul. I’ll try harder, okay. I don’t want you to think I’m not still in love with you. I love you, baby.” She promises, because that is true. She loves, Seulgi and doesn’t want her to feel like she has suddenly stopped. How could she not love, Seulgi?

 

(Flashback)

 

It’s the third year of their relationship and they are still going strong. Joohyun and Seulgi are doing so well they have moved in together. Joohyun is in the kitchen making them something to eat, as they have spent much of their morning moving in and unpacking boxes. Joohyun turns when she hears the front door opening. She asked for her girlfriend to go to the store for a few items.

 

“Hey, baby. You came back fast.” Joohyun washes her hands and steps out of the kitchen.

 

“Yeah, they didn’t have a couple of things you wanted, but I have most of them.”

 

“Don’t worry, it’s fine.” She leans up to kiss her. “I made some kimbap. You should eat, babe.”

 

“Alright. I’m starving. We did get a lot done today.” Since most of the boxes are unpacked and certain rooms are already set.

 

“Yes, now we officially have a place to call ours.”

 

“Home sweet home, then.” The slightly taller woman kisses her lips softly. Joohyun knew that she would love, Kang Seulgi forever.

 

(End)

 

Seulgi is staring at her with an unreadable expression. Then she gives a small nod. The bear cub, hops off the bed and leaves the room entirely. Joohyun feels awful then. She knows she has hurt Seulgi’s feelings, although not intentionally.

 

“Okay, Joohyun. You need to try harder. She is still your girlfriend, and you love her.”

 

 

After making sure Yeri had something to eat. The vampire followed Joy to her house. She tells the witch it’s because her mansion is comfortable, and she likes the soft couches. It’s more that she enjoys Joy’s company. When they first met many years ago. Yeri thought she would have ended her life right away.

 

(Flashback)

 

The vampire has been talked into attending this fancy party. When all she wanted to do was be home, or out hunting for fun, not necessarily because she was hungry. Sometimes, she just likes to play pranks and scare humans less. There were all sorts of manner of supernatural beings here. She took notice of some of her fellow vamps, dressed in expensive dark velvet, and huddled up in dark corners. The werewolves were naturally keeping a safe distance, many of them pigging out on the food.

 

“Savages.” Yeri thinks in distaste, not so much because they are werewolves. She has no problem with them, until they have an issue with her. She just wishes someone would have taught them decent table manners. She herself comes from a very wealthy, old world, vampire family. The kind that manners are immaculate, and you clean up your blood after your finish eating. Yeri also swore she saw a few zombies, fairies, and a few elven, or at the very least half elf/half human beings. No matter the different types of people. The party was still boring to her. That is until she caught sight of a tall, gorgeous woman setting small fires underneath people as she passed by. Just as quickly as her fingers lit the flames. They disappeared just as fast.

 

“A witch.” Yeri thinks, but pays no more attention to her until said witch followed her out into the gardens.

 

“Well, aren’t you adorable.” The taller woman speaks excited.

 

Yeri hates when people call her adorable. It’s not her fault she has a youthful appearance.

 

“I am not.”

 

“You are too.” The woman comes closer. “My name is Joy, what’s yours?”

 

The vampire doesn’t know what to make of her. It’s like she has a death wish or something. Yeri knows the witch knows she is a vampire.

 

“Do you want to die?” Is all Yeri tells her. Joy throws her head back and laughs in amusement.

 

“Oh, and what are you going to do, bite me, vampy.”

 

“Vampy?” Yeri frowns in disgust. The witch is asking for it, and she will pay. Yeri bares her fangs and runs at her. However, Joy waves her hand and makes her freeze in step.

 

“What the hell did you do?”

 

“Just relax. I never hurt a pretty girl.” Joy caresses her cheek. “Listen, are you going to try and fight me after I let you go, or will you be good? I just bought this dress and I don’t want it to get messed up.”

 

“What?” Yeri thinks. She hasn’t known many witches, but none of them are like this one. Joy must be some sort of special case, or crazy.

 

“Let me go!”

 

“Fine, I’ll let you go. If you try to bite me. I will set your cold on fire. Do you hear me?”
 

Yeri decides she will not fight this woman, although she would like to drain the life out of her. She’s so damn annoying. Joy does let her go and unfreezes her spell.

 

“You’re annoying.”

 

“Aww, that’s not nice. Come on, I think we’d get along great. My name is Joy, and what is yours?” She tries again.

 

“It’s Yeri.”

 

“Yeri.” Joy repeats with a blinding smile. “Beautiful name, for a beautiful girl. See, that wasn’t so hard.” She taps her cheek affectionately.

 

“Touch me again, and you die!”

 

Joy’s response is to laugh all over again. She thinks she will like this vampire, and maybe they can be friends for a while. Yeri, is just really annoyed, and wants to end her life.

 

(End)

 

“Home sweet home!” Joy shouts cheerfully as she opens the door. Yeri rolls her eyes at the hyper tone but enters the house. Joy is one of the wealthiest people she knows. When, Yeri first was invited to her house she was amazed by the size of the mansion. Joy laughed saying this was nothing compared to her other residences. Nonetheless, it’s a nice mansion with a huge garage full of cars that she barely uses. Joy just likes to collect things. There are also statues sculpted by famous artists decorating her lawns, a tower for her to practice spells, and so many rooms Yeri has no idea what she needs them for. Then again, the vampire has her own huge estate with just as many rooms.

 

“Joy, you’re so annoying!” Yeri complains and shoves her lightly.

 

“If I’m so annoying, why do you keep on coming here?” Joy teases and pushes a strand of, dirty-blonde locks out of her face.

 

“You keep letting me in.”

 

The redhead responds by kissing her cheek. Yeri frowns again but doesn’t try to stop her from kissing her a second time.

 

“Joy, can I ask you a question?”

 

The witch turns to her with a hopeful expression. Finally, after hundreds of years of pining for the vampire. Yeri will ask her out, and they can be together. She grabs a hold of her hands.

 

“Yes, Yerimie. Ask me anything you like?”

 

“Um…” Yeri begins. “Do you think Seul will be alright? Her girlfriend is useless to her and she’s stuck in bear form. Maybe, we should have brought her here.”

 

The hopeful spark fades from, Joy’s face. Is Yeri being serious? This is what she is asking?

 

“What!” She angrily shouts with flames expelled from her fingertips. Yeri moves from being burned, as fire is not a friendly thing for any vampire.

 

“Why are you so upset? It’s a legit question.”

 

“You’re asking me that! I can’t believe you, Yeri. I’m going to go place curses on people I’m so angry!” The witch storms off then, leaving behind a very confused vampire.

 

“What’s her problem?”

 

 

Joohyun does get out the room to find, Seulgi is on the couch. She does look like a cute teddy bear. The way she is sprawled out on the couch with her arms above her head, and legs out. The raven can’t help to smile. She doesn’t understand why she’s so terribly afraid. It’s still her girlfriend, whom she loves so.

 

“Seul…” She whispers.

 

The only sounds she hears is light snoring. “Seul?” She tries again. Seulgi’s leg twitches some in an adorable manner. The bear then lets out a loud growl in her sleep that startles, Joohyun.

 

“, I can’t. She’s a bear, but she’s my Seulgi too. She is also a bear!” Then she remembers what Joy and Yeri were saying. Seulgi can transform into other animals, other probably even scarier animals than this.

 

“Seulgi! Wake up.” She says as strongly as possible. The bear cub turns, sits up, and rubs her paws over her face. She is tired and has no idea why, Joohyun is screaming.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyunnie?” She yawns out.

 

“Seul, um why haven’t you turned into anything else?” She is almost afraid of the answer, but she must admit she is curious.

 

“I can’t right now!” Seulgi jumps up in alarm, and starts growling conversationally. She paces back and forth growling to Joohyun her worries and concerns. The shorter woman is shocked to say the least.

 

“And then….”

 

“Seul, please one growl at a time. I honestly have no idea what you’re saying.”

 

The bear cub sighs and then jumps off the couch. Joohyun wants to ask her where she is going as she runs off for her art room. Seulgi returns soon enough with paper in , and a pen too. It’s the cutest thing ever seeing the bear try to write on it.

 

“Seul, um….” Joohyun can’t read it at all. The handwriting, if it can be called that is quite, illegible.

 

“Please tell me you can read this, Hyunnie!”

 

“I can’t read this.”

 

Seulgi groans, and hangs her head down low. She can’t talk to her, and she also can’t write for her to understand. It seems so hopeless. She lets out a loud, frustrated cry. Joohyun gets up and moves closer to her, and hesitantly rubs her head, specifically behind her ears like she saw Joy doing. Seulgi turns to her in surprise. Joohyun is touching her while she is in this form.

 

“Hyunnie, you’re really touching me?” She leans into her soft touch. Maybe, it’s not all so hopeless after all. Joohyun thinks this isn’t so bad really. Her fur is so soft and she is honestly the cutest small bear she has ever seen.

 

“Well, at least you’re not bigger than this.”

 

“I can be though.” Seulgi gives a nod. “You should see the other forms!” Then stops her thoughts. Any other forms would scare her girlfriend even further than she’s scared now. Seulgi feels hungry suddenly, and normally in this form she would be out hunting, or if she planned she would make sure there was plenty of food, in a safehouse she has set up for when she transforms. The bear turns to her and points to . It is clear what that means and Joohyun nods.

 

“You’re hungry.”

 

“So, hungry.” Seulgi rubs her stomach for emphasis. She is so hungry, and it couldn’t be clearer.

 

“Alright, let’s go eat, then.” Joohyun agrees, as food is always a distraction too. She does set identical plates of food down. Seulgi ends up having to climb up into the chair, but it only looks cute. Seulgi looks around. She can’t use a fork right now. There is only one thing she can do. She leans down, and devours the food before her. It looks like it takes two, maybe three bites, and everything is gone. The small bear the plate clean afterwards.

 

“You never eat that fast, normally.”

 

“Sorry.” Seulgi looks embarrassed, but in this form, she will be even hungrier than normal. She really wishes she could have Pringles now. Seulgi hops down from her seat and heads over to Joohyun. Her girlfriend really is trying now, and she does appreciate her effort. She tugs at one of her sleeves to get her attention. Joohyun looks down at her.

 

“What’s wrong, Seul?”

 

“Thank you for trying, Hyunnie.” She growls at her then and smiles. Joohyun gives a slow nod.

 

“I think you’re saying, thank you.”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi nods. She is so excited that, Joohyun understood that she jumps up into Joohyun’s arms. That ends up being the wrong thing to do.

 

“Ah!” The raven screams, and they both hit the floor. Seulgi is just about to kiss her face in thanks. Joohyun thinks, only it’s a bear face trying to kiss her. She puts her hand out to block, Seulgi’s mouth.

 

“No, don’t kiss me!” She complains. “Not now, not while you’re a bear, and all slobbering.”

 

Seulgi pouts and tries again. “Come on, Hyunnie. Let me kiss you!” She has once again to her face. Joohyun pushes her away entirely.

 

“I’m serious, don’t kiss me now.”

 

“Fine.” Seulgi rolls her eyes, but then her face playfully. The way the shorter raven screams and hits her on the head. Seulgi gets up, and runs away. She better lay low for a while. It probably wasn’t the best thing to do.

 

“Yeah, you better run! See if I don’t need a fur coat soon.” Joohyun threatens and all she hears is a low, upset whine. She isn’t entirely comfortable by this situation. She is willing to try as much as she can. Seulgi may have kept a huge personal secret from her. She knows it wasn’t intentional, and that her girlfriend was without a doubt trying to protect her. Seulgi, was also scared to tell her, with good reasons. Joohyun, hopes that for however long Seulgi is stuck in this form. She gets less afraid with time, and they can get through this a couple. Just as they have gotten through other things together.

 

 

Yeri finds Joy sitting in her custom-made tower and looking through a spell book. The vampire knows she isn’t practicing any new spells. She just seems to be staring into space.

 

“Joy?” Yeri knocks on the door.

 

“Go away. I’m busy.”

 

“No, you’re not. I wanted to say I’m sorry I guess. I didn’t know you would get upset.”

 

The redhead rolls her eyes and turns back to her spell book. She has already looked through them 100’s of times. She’s waiting for her message to be answered. Seulgi wants to see the wise one, and even though neither she, or Yeri want to. They probably should in the event she can help.

 

“You really don’t know why I’m so upset?” The witch turns around to look at the dirty-blonde haired girl.

 

“Um, no?”

 

“Fine, go away. I’m waiting for a message.”

 

“I don’t want to see the wise one.” Yeri shudders. She really doesn’t get along with her, mostly because she annoys her.

 

“Yerimie, we have to! We can’t let Seulgi go alone now, not when she’s a small baby cub, and has a useless girlfriend.”

 

“Yeah, true. We are her only hope.” The vampire nods. “I think I should go home, okay. I didn’t mean to upset you earlier.”

 

The witch knows Yeri has no idea why she’s upset. The only thing she wants is for the vampire to wake up and see how she feels about her. What does she have to wait another few 100 years.

 

“It’s fine, Yeri. I casted a bunch of cool curses, and now I’m all back to normal.” She smiles, only it doesn’t necessarily reach her eyes. Yeri wants to speak, but a tiny raven enters the window and hands Joy her message.

 

“Thank you.” She affectionately rubs the bird’s head, and gives them food before they go. Joy is a huge animal lover and will take care of any animal no matter what. Yeri isn’t as big a fan of them, but she has grown to accept Joy’s animal love. Then she is also friends with Seulgi who at the end of the day is indeed part animal because she is a shapeshifter.

 

Joy unfolds the note and reads it. “Okay, we’re good to go.” She doesn’t even have to look at Yeri to know she’s frowning.

 

“I will be sick.”

 

“You are dead, sweetie. You can’t be sick.” Joy reminds her.

 

“I will still be sick.” Yeri complains. Joy suddenly wraps her arms around her, and hugs the vampire tightly. Yeri struggles in her hold.

 

“Aww, my baby. Let me heal you, with my love!”

 

“No, get off me. You annoying witch!”

 

“No, love me, vampy!”

 

“Frustrating.” The blonde pulls away and dusts off her shirt. “You are impossible, Joy.”

 

“You’re….” Joy pauses then remembers something. “We can fight later. I’ll contact Seul, so she’ll know to be ready. This is going to be one annoying trip.”

 

Yeri nods in agreement. She is already dreading everything. The last thing she wants to go do is see the wise one. She’s going to support, Seulgi, and to look out for Joy. Sure, she is a powerful witch, but that doesn’t mean she is completely invulnerable.

 

“Well, we’ve been together this long. What’s another few 100 years.” The blonde thinks to herself.
 

 

A/N: Alright, so I’ll end it here. I’m not totally sure how many chapters this fic should be. It doesn’t seem like the kind of story that she could go on too long. So, I guess I will see how it goes from chapter to chapter. We had some progress with Joohyun trying to be less afraid, and we also got some insight on Joyri too. Hope this was a good read.