Progression

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi everyone. Here I am with chapter 4. Thank you guys for reviewing the previous chapter. So this wise one, hm? I wanted to be interesting and creative but sadly I couldn’t find anyone but the obvious lol and some of you already know. So please enjoy anyway.



 

Joohyun turns over in bed that morning. She blinks a few times before her eyes settle on a cute, adorable, bear face meeting her own. She immediately starts screaming.

 

“Ah!”

 

Seulgi wakes up. She also blinks a few times, and runs her paws over her eyes. She doesn’t remember Joohyun being so loud. But she really should be more quiet in the morning.

 

“Morning, Hyunnie.” She yawns. Joohyun screams again before hitting her in the face with a pillow.

 

“Hey!” Seulgi growls in annoyance. She has no idea why Joohyun is hitting her so early. She will surely find out.

 

“Who told you to get into bed with me? I thought I said no getting into bed with me!”

 

“Well…” Seulgi nervously scratches her head. She does remember their conversation from last night. Joohyun did tell her to not under any circumstance get into bed with her.

 

(Flashback)


 

Joohyun managed to locate her girlfriend. Seulgi had been hiding from her. Most likely scared she would be skinned alive.

 

“Seul?” She finds the small bear wrapped up in sheets behind the bed in the guest room. She looks so cute. As she peers up from the sheets.

 

“I wasn’t serious about needing a fur coat, you know?” Joohyun tells her. It took her awhile to find where Seulgi ran off. She wonders if she had to become good at hiding from people who wanted to hurt her.

 

“Did you have to run away a lot? When you’re in these forms?”

 

Seulgi nods. She remembers many times when she was younger. She didn’t have very good control over her abilities. Sometimes she would shift uncontrollably, or shift into animal forms not ideal for hiding. Humans are not friendly towards many animals, and especially not when it’s one considered dangerous. Joohyun looks on sadly, as she too imagines a younger Seulgi running away out of fear.

 

“I’m sorry, baby.” She softly tells her. “That must have been scary.”

 

“It was.” Seulgi nods again. Joohyun actually reaches over and touches her head. The small bear thinks Joohyun is putting in some more effort. Maybe things will look up. The truth is a bit more complex. Because Seulgi tries to get into bed with her later. Joohyun immediately puts a stop to that.

 

“No!”

 

“Why not?” Seulgi blinks, confused. They’ve been making some progress, right? Why can’t she get into bed too? It’s her bed just as much as it’s Joohyun’s. They picked the bed out together. They are both co-owners as far as Seulgi is concerned.

 

“Listen, babe. I’m working on this whole being comfortable thing. It’s just a little odd to share the bed with a bear.”

 

“But I’m still Seulgi!” She whines out. She may be stuck in bear form. That doesn’t mean she isn’t still Seulgi.

 

“I know you’re still Seulgi.”

 

The bear cub pauses. Did Joohyun understand her again? She feels so happy she could jump into her lap. That’s exactly what she does. She jumps into her girlfriend’s lap.

 

“Ah! You have to stop doing that.”

 

“But you understood me.”

 

“I just need a little space now, okay. So don’t get into bed with me, at least for a while.”

 

“But…” Seulgi frowns. “Okay, fine. Goodnight, Hyunnie.” She carefully taps her paw to her hand in place of the kiss she wishes she could give her. It looks like she’ll go sleep in the living room.”

 

(End)

 

That’s what happened. Joohyun doesn’t understand how it is she got into bed with her. Also, how come she didn’t notice? It’s not like she wouldn’t have felt the movements.

 

“Seul?” Joohyun looks at her with a questioning look.

 

“So I might have snuck back in while you were sleeping.”

 

“Okay, fine.” The raven sighs. “How about some breakfast?”

 

“Yes! Food, I’m so hungry.” She jumps out of the bed and makes a run for the kitchen. Joohyun blinks.

 

“Well that’s a typical action.” She would expect that from Seulgi, in a human or bear form. She supposes she better go feed her hungry bear.



 

Yeri didn’t go home that night. She stayed at Joy’s like she normally does. The blonde vampire thinks she must spend more time with the witch than at home. She is laying in one of the darkest rooms in Joy’s house. The redhead custom made her a room to fit all of her needs and wants. She knows today they will go see the wise one. God help them all.

 

“She gets too annoying. I will kill her!” Yeri thinks to herself. But the vampire gets up and dressed for the day. When she makes it downstairs. She finds Joy sitting in her dining room with a huge mug of tea, but it’s not for drinking.

 

“Um?” Yeri whispers. She stares down at the concoction of pink and green bubbling liquid. She wonders if Joy is making a poison.

 

“Good morning, Yerimie!” Joy turns cheerfully.

 

“It is too early for this cheerfulness.”

 

“Oh, sorry. Anyway, are you ready to go get Seul soon.”

 

“Yes. Hopefully she can get answers as to why she’s stuck in that form. Um,” she looks again at the concoction. “What’s that for?”

 

“Oh this. It’s a love potion.” Joy shrugs causally. “Oh that reminds me. I need a fresh lock of your hair.”

 

“What!” Yeri shouts. She doesn’t know why Joy needs her hair.  She will surely keep eyes on the witch.

 

“Yeah. I need it for research.”

 

“Stay away from me!” Yeri complains. She walks away suddenly but Joy hugs her from behind.

 

“Just love me already!”

 

“Get away, you annoying witch!”

 

“No,” Joy whines and rests her head on Yeri’s shoulder. The dirty-blonde haired vampire shakes her head. This is such typical Joy behavior. Why is this her afterlife?

 

Joohyun is trying to make breakfast. It’s difficult because normally Seulgi would have her arms wrapped her waist, and kissing her. This time, Seulgi is tugging on her sleeves from the floor.

 

“Hyun?”

 

Joohyun is trying her best to concentrate. Seulgi tugs again.

 

“Hyun?”

 

That’s when Seulgi lightly headbuts her thigh. Joohyun immediately stops what she’s doing.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing. But Joy and Yeri will be here soon, and you should be prepared for…”

 

The next thing that happens is Joy teleporting with Yeri in the living room.

 

“Hi! We’re back!” Joy screams loudly. Joohyun jumps out of her skin at the surprise appearance.

 

“What are you two doing in our house?”

 

“We said we we’re coming. Didn’t Seul tell you.” Yeri shrugs while she pushes Joy’s arms from around her.

 

“No. She didn’t.” Joohyun glares at the bear.

 

“I did too! You didn’t listen to me.” Seulgi growls at her.

 

“Oh, food!” Joy speaks then. “Okay, make with the food. I’m starving here.”

 

“I’m not cooking for you.” She complains. Joy just raises her hand with electricity shooting out of her fingertips. Joohyun turns right away. She supposes she doesn’t mind to cook for one more. That’s how she ends up cooking for herself, Seulgi, and Joy. Yeri is busy typing on her phone.

 

“You know. You would make a great maid.” Joy says casually to the raven-haired woman. Seulgi stops eating and looks at Joy like she’s crazy. Joohyun is glaring at the witch like she would like to choke her.

 

“I’m not a maid!”

 

“Maid, girlfriend, same thing.” She keeps looking over to Yeri. She’s been texting on her phone for awhile.

 

“Hey!” She slams her hand down in front of the dirty-blonde. Yeri doesn’t even as much as flinch. She just keeps her eyes focused on her texts.

 

“Yerimie.” Joy gets up to hug her. “You wouldn’t be texting with Saeron? Would you?”

 

Joohyun notices how Joy’s voice sounds slight more menacing. Seulgi just covers her eyes with her paws. She knows how Joy gets when it comes to Yeri’s best friend Saeron. The person she sees as direct competition for her love.

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

Joy grabs the phone and shuts it off. “Hey!” Yeri complains. “We were making plans!”

 

“No!” The witch screams. “You don’t need to make plans with anyone but me!”

 

“Um.” Joohyun interrupts. “This is fun and all. But, can you two argue anywhere else?”

 

“Oh yea.” Joy remembers. “Anyway, we’re here to take Seul to the wise one. We’ll be back in 3 weeks tops.”

 

“What!” Joohyun shouts. How can Joy announce so casually they’ll be taking her girlfriend, and that they will be gone up to three weeks. Seulgi uses the time to headbut Joy in the arm. The witch just laughs in amusement.

 

“Okay, no it won’t take that long. I’m just messing with you Joohyun. Anyway, are you ready Seul? Need me to help you get dressed.”

 

“I…” Seulgi starts.

 

“No!” The raven cuts her off. “Seulgi doesn’t need you to get her dressed. I can do that just fine.”

 

“Oh really?” Joy waves her hands and conjures up a small yellow shirt and dark shorts that will fit Seulgi’s new form. “Here, go ahead. You’ll have to touch her though, and we know you’re still afraid of her.”

 

“I can do it!” Seulgi growls and reaches for the shirt. God, she doesn’t think she can. It’s hard to dress when you have paws. It’s still an adorable sight to see a tiny bear Seulgi trying to put on her shirt.

 

“So sad. It’s just so sad.” Joy sighs. “Yeri isn’t it just sad.”

 

“Yep. Really so sad.” Yeri nods, while she records everything for potential blackmail purposes.

 

“Seul, let me help you. I can do it.” Joohyun promises. Both Joy and Yeri are surprised to see Joohyun actually helping her out. It’s certainly not what they expected.

 

“Aww, so cute.” Joy scoops Seulgi up in her arms. “You look like a tiny bear come to life. Okay, we’re out of here. See ya, Joohyun.”

 

That’s when Joohyun wonders. Should she really just let Joy and Yeri take her girlfriend somewhere? Sure, they seem to know what they are doing. Still, Joohyun can’t help to worry.

 

“Wait, is it possible for me to go too?”

 

Seulgi looks up right away, mouth wide open in shock. Joy and Yeri are also wearing similar shocked expressions. This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

 

“You want to go?” Yeri blinks.

 

“Yes.” Joohyun nods.

 

“You as in, the useless girlfriend? You want to go?” Joy questions. The raven rolls her eyes at the insult. She doesn’t think she’s useless. She’s only still adjusting to this huge news about Seulgi. Then there is also the fact that both Joy and Yeri are also supernatural beings. The two start cracking up with laughter. They are laughing so much and so hard, Joy nearly drops Seulgi onto the floor. The poor little bear struggles to hold onto the redhead as she laughs.

 

“Oh my god, Yeri hold me. This is too funny.”

 

“It’s hilarious that she wants to go.” Yeri agrees.

 

“What’s so funny?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“Well it’s just so unexpected. Seul will be fine with us. It’s not like we’ve never seen the wise one before.”

 

“I’m her girlfriend. I just want to make sure she’s fine.”

 

Seulgi smiles some. She is surprised too that Joohyun wants to go. Joy seems to be thinking. She can certainly teleport herself, Yeri, and Seulgi. She didn’t anticipate for Joohyun wanting to come too.

 

“Okay. I’ll just open up a portal.” The witch decides. She sets Seulgi down on the nearby couch as she searches around. Before Joohyun can ask what it is that she’s doing. Joy goes over to a wall and does sound hand motions. The next thing the human knows. There is a portal opened up.

 

“So we’re just going to walk through?” She wonders.

 

“That’s right, human.” Joy teases. “It can be a bit dizzying for you, so you might want to hold on tight to something.”

 

Joohyun looks at Seulgi. The bear cub is also staring back at her. She is scared. At the same time. Whenever she holds onto Seulgi it makes her feel less scared. Seeming to understand. Seulgi runs over to her and jumps up into her arms. It is the first time in a while that Joohyun doesn’t flinch. She holds onto Seulgi as if she’s clutching a teddy bear.

 

“Don’t be scared, Hyunnie.” Seulgi touches her arm with her paw. “I won’t let anything happen to you, promise.”

 

“Okay, that works. Try not to throw up or anything.” Joy mentions then turns to Yeri. The vampire looks at her with such a deadpan look.

 

“No, don’t you even try.”

 

“I’m scared, Yerimie. Please protect me.” She hugs the shorter woman as if she’s really scared. Yeri sighs but proceeds to walk through the portal.

 

“You know it’s been a hundred years, and you still pull this stunt.”

 

“What, I’m really scared. Protect me, Vampy!”

 

“I will throw you into the nearest lake.”

 

That’s all Joohyun hears as the two disappear through the portal. Seulgi pats her arm again to try to help her calm down. Joohyun whispers a quick thank you. Being with Seulgi now is helpful. Little bear or not. She is still such a comforting presence. When they make it through the portal. Joohyun sees they are actually in a small village. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Joy and Yeri are waving to them from where the docks are.

 

“Seul, is this a village for just supernatural beings?”

 

“Yeah.” Seulgi nods. She hasn’t come here often. But it’s a good place for others like her to meet and in some cases move to when the human world becomes too much. Joohyun freaks out when she spots two werewolves walking past. They nod to Seulgi who nods back. She doesn’t know what will happen here. But she supposes it should be fine as long as she and Seulgi are together.

 

“Hey, so we’ll take the boat first to Joy’s lake house and get settled in. Then we’ll see her.” Yeri frowns.

 

Joohyun has noticed that both Yeri and Joy seem quite against the idea of this wise one. Whoever or whatever she is.

 

“You don’t seem to like this wise one much.”

 

“She’s the most aggravating thing in the universe.” The vampire sighs. “Don’t worry you will see.”

 

Now Joohyun isn’t sure if she wants to find out about this person. The boat arrives and Joy and Yeri get in first. She walks next still with Seulgi in her arms. Once she’s sitting down in the boat. Seulgi hops off her lap and walks over to where her friends are sitting.

 

“Guys, we didn’t tell the wise one we’d bring a human! What if something goes wrong?”

 

Joy responds by patting her ears. “Calm down, Seul. Yeri and I will be there to help. Just sit back and relax.”

 

Joohyun herself isn’t enjoying the ride. The boat itself isn’t bad. But there is no one driving the thing. So when she asked why there was no one driving. Joy looked at her and laughed. She claims there is someone driving. He just likes to go invisible. She didn’t know if the witch was kidding or not. Joohyun decided she would really rather not find out. Joy nicely conjures up some wine for her so she can relax. The sharks swimming by a little too close for comfort isn’t all that relaxing. Seulgi is nearby but she’s trying to stay awake. Joohyun gets up so she can sit closer to her.

 

“Seul, are you okay?” She wonders. The bear cub looks up from her spot. She gives a small nod. She’s just a little anxious since she hasn’t ever brought a human here. It’s not something against the rules exactly. Most people just never bring any humans here. Seulgi is worried that things might go wrong. She hopes not. Joohyun doesn’t speak more because the boat comes to a stop. Joy leads the way up to her house here in this realm.

 

“Alright, so I figure we all get settled in rooms. Relax a bit then we’ll take a second boat to the wise one.”

 

“Why? Where does she live?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“In a cave not that far from here, but she’s sort of…” Joy pauses.

 

“She’s a giant talking fish!” Yeri interrupts suddenly and it scares Joohyun when she hears that. All she can think of now is exactly what Yeri says. She is a giant talking fish? What movie is this from? Joohyun feels suddenly dizzy. Seulgi hurries to try to catch her from falling. That is already hilarious in itself since she’s so small now.

 

“Seul, no!” Joy screams. “She will fall on you and crush you to death.”

 

“Hey I’m not that heavy!” Joohyun snaps out of her daze long enough to fire back.

 

“Oh yeah? Well tell that to Seulgi.” Yeri points. Joohyun doesn’t know what the vampire is talking about. But she looks to see a paw tapping on the ground. Oh, god she had no idea she’s been sitting on Seulgi this whole time. Yeri and Joy are roaring with laughter once again. The raven hurries to get off of her. Seulgi is coughing and eyes have tears in them.

 

“Oh my god, baby. I’m so sorry. I didn’t even notice.”

 

What surprises the witch and vampire again is that Joohyun actually touches her once more. She cups her face and makes sure she isn’t hurt. They weren’t expecting it a second time. Maybe Joohyun is opening up about Seulgi being a shapeshifter more now. Joy tells Joohyun she can pick out whatever room she wants. As there are plenty of rooms.

 

“Just don’t pick the room with my baby dragons!” Joy screams at her from downstairs.

 

“Your baby what?” Joohyun screams back.

 

“They’re babies and not used to humans. It would be in your best interest to not pick the room they sleep in.”

 

“Uh, yeah, sure.” The raven is so sure she probably shouldn’t have come. Seulgi tugs on her sleeves again.

 

“Follow me.” She nods her head to the left. Joohyun follows and Seulgi leads her to a huge, nicely decorated bedroom. That has a king size bed, mini fridge, balcony that leads to a hot tub, flat screen tv, wall to wall carpeting, and most importantly there are no baby dragons.

 

“Seul, please tell me Joy was kidding about the baby dragons?”

 

“No way.” Seulgi shakes her head. “There are baby dragons. They have firebreath and everything. I was burned by them right here.” She gestures to her leg.

 

“I guess then that’s a yes to the baby dragons.” Joohyun sighs as she sits on the bed. At least the house itself is comfortable. Once Seulgi sees that Joohyun is fine. She starts to walk away. She has her own room Joy set up here for her.

 

“Hey, where will you sleep?”

 

“Down the hall.”

 

“I’m really not used to sleeping apart from you.” Joohyun admits. Although, the idea still makes her a bit uncomfortable. The fact is that she and Seulgi always sleep besides one another. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to share the bed tonight. Seulgi doesn’t respond because she hears a loud thud. She takes off running and Joohyun follows after her. Maybe there is something wrong. Seulgi hurries to where she heard the noise. Down in the living room near the fireplace. Joy is holding Yeri down on the ground. The smaller blonde seems to be in a bit of an agitated state. She thrashes about some.

 

“Is she okay?” The raven wonders. She hasn’t ever seen Yeri acting like this before. Seulgi looks worried because she has seen similar behavior. This seems like a mild episode.

 

“She’ll be fine.” The witch promises. She turns to look back at Yeri. Who is staring up at her with crimson red eyes. It happened so suddenly when Yeri lost control. She normally has impeccable control but there are times where she slips. But Joy doesn’t think this has anything to do with being hungry. Not when she ate yesterday.

 

“Yerimie, can you calm down for me, hm?” She runs her fingers through her dirty-blonde locks. Yeri struggles against her still. Seulgi tries to come over but Joy shakes her head.

 

“No, you could get hurt Seul. You can’t help now.” She gestures to her smaller state. Had she been in some bigger form. Then she could be of assistance. Seulgi wishes she could help. Joy seems to have the situation under control.

 

“Hey, Yeri come on. You can snap out of this. Wake up, alright?” She whispers softly and taps her cheek a few times. It’s not just simple tapping, Seulgi is positive. She knows because Joy had done a similar action before. Seulgi is sure that is some sort of magic she’s working. Yeri slowly does start to calm down.

 

“There you go, sweetie. Come back.”

 

Seulgi is touched by the sweet display. She knows how much Joy loves Yeri. When the vampire settles down completely. She looks up at Joy with her regular brown eyes.

 

“Joy?”

 

“Hey there.” Joy smiles. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I thought we were going to see the wise one.”

 

“Yeah, let’s get going soon. I’m glad you’re alright.”


 

No one says anymore. Joohyun sees how carefully she hugs Yeri. It is very clear that the witch loves her. So why aren’t they together? When the second boat arrives. It’s blue in color and the Captain is actually a large squirrel. Joohyun tries not to scream. Seulgi gently nudges her to help her relax.

 

“Oh my god. She's already starting.” Yeri sighs at the squirrel. Still, she gets in the boat anyway. She will be so angry if they don’t leave here with answers. Seulgi is pacing back and forth. It is quite clear she is anxious.

 

“Don’t worry, Seul. She’ll have answers.” Joy tries to be optimistic. Seulgi nods in thanks. She really hopes so. Joohyun tries to make herself comfortable. Although, she is also quite nervous. What if Seulgi is stuck in this form. It’s already hard for them to communicate as it is. How will things be if she remains a bear. The raven knows that her girlfriend has to be feeling the same thoughts. She wants to tell her that everything will be fine. Only how could she? Before they even sail through the cave. There is loud music being played. It sounds like a mix of classical and pop. An odd blend that has Yeri on the floor.

 

“I can’t do it!” Yeri sighs.

 

“Yes, you can! You pull yourself together, vampy.” Joy lightly slaps her face. Joohyun wonders if there really is a giant talking fish. She waits as they sail through the cave and end up at a lone waterfall. Out of the water comes a dark-haired woman. She doesn’t get out of the water to greet them. But that’s because Joohyun can see the shape of a tail.

 

“A mermaid?” The raven thinks.

 

“Yo, what’s up, Seungwan.” Joy nods.

 

“Hi, Joy.” The woman, or mermaid, Seungwan smiles cheerfully. Yeri looks even more pale if such a thing is possible. So far Joohyun doesn’t see what’s so annoying.

 

“Hi, so Seul has a bit of a problem, and we’re wondering if you could help us out.”

 

“Sure, I’ll do my best. What seems to be the problem?”

 

“This is the problem!” Yeri points to the small bear. “You giant talking fish!”

 

“Yeri, now that's not nice. I’m not a fish.”

 

“You have a tail. You’re a fish.”

 

Seulgi waves her small paw in the air to get Seungwan’s attention. The mermaid lets out a loud scream. It’s so high pitched that everyone falls out on the ground.

 

“It begins.” Yeri groans.

 

“No. Please we can’t take much of your screeching, siren voice.” Joy begs, as she covers her ears. Seungwan isn’t a typical mermaid. She is also a siren and that means she has a very loud, sharp piercing voice. Joohyun feels her head spinning.

 

“Use your inside voice!” The vampire complains.

 

“This is my inside voice!” She screams back just as loud, once again making everyone cover their ears. The mermaid swims over to Seulgi.

 

“Aww, look at you, Seul. You’re all cute and small.” She pats her head. Joohyun just about loses her mind when she sees how Seulgi leans into the soft touch.

 

“Excuse me!” Joohyun speaks. “You can’t just go around touching my girlfriend.”

 

“Who’s the human?” Seungwan wonders.

 

“She’s Seul’s girl.” Joy says. “A useless thing. But we tolerate her all the same.”

 

“I am not useless.”

 

Seungwan looks suddenly excited. She loves when she can meet new people. She doesn’t often get to meet many people. Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri are her only friends. They don’t really visit all that often.

 

“Oh. I must sing to you my 1000 verse ballad.”

 

“No!” Yeri screams. “Please no!”

 

“No, Seungwan. Please for the love of everything pure and good in this world. The shortened version will be just fine.” Joy sighs, and rubs her temples. She can already feel her head beginning to split open.

 

“1000 verse?” Joohyun blinks.

 

“Yes.” Seungwan nods happily. “Each century I add another.”

 

Seulgi whines so pathetically. She doesn’t want to hear this song. She couldn’t take it the first time, and she certainly can’t take it again.

 

“You sing and I will fry you. Fish will be served!” Yeri promises.

 

“Sounds like I should sing.”

 

She opens and sings. It sounds fine at first. But then her siren voice breaks through. It is so painfully loud and earth shattering. All of them fall onto the ground again. Seulgi crawls over to Joohyun and covers her body some. She mostly tries to use her paws to cover Joohyun’s ears.

 

“Oh, thank you, Seul. How long can she possibly sing for?”

 

It lasts for hours. Many hours. Joy has casted a spell to help drown some of the noise. It is only so effective. Yeri is laid out on the floor.

 

“I want to die! I want to die so much.” She sounds like she is in agony.

 

“You’re already dead, sweetie.” Joy reminds her.

 

“I want to die again! I just want to die again. I can’t take another verse of this song. End me now, Joy please.”

 

Before the witch can respond. Seulgi leaps up and runs to Seungwan.

 

“Wannie, can you please stop the song?” She communicates with her.

 

“Stop the song?” The mermaid wonders.

 

“Yes, Hyun is human. She isn’t used to hearing your beautiful voice this close. Also, I need to find out why I’m stuck this way.”

 

“Ah, okay.” The mermaid nods. “I’ll stop singing because you asked.”

 

“Are you freaking serious?” Yeri shouts. “Why didn’t you shut the fish up earlier?”

 

“I am not a fish!”

 

“You have a tail!” The vampire and witch complain together. But they can’t hide their relief that the singing has stopped.

 

“Seul, hey. How long have you been stuck like this? You usually can shift into other animals, right?”

 

“A few days now. I’m unable to shift.” Seulgi growls out.

 

“Hm.” The mermaid nod. “This is a little unusual.” She cups her cheeks then. Joohyun is seconds away from trying to break them up. When Yeri and Joy grab her.

 

“Settle down! Do you want her to start singing again? I will end you if you get her started.” Yeri whispers in her ear. Someone will die if Seungwan starts singing again.

 

“Seul, look into my eyes.” Seungwan gently commands. Her eyes go dark for a second as if she’s searching for something. Seulgi also goes stiff in her eye trance. When Seungwan stops she pulls away suddenly.

 

“What’s wrong? Is it something bad?” Joy wonders first.

 

“It’s hard to say. I can’t be sure what I saw. It wasn’t too clear. I’m not sure if this is a curse or…” The mermaid stops.

 

“Curse or…” Yeri tries to get her to finish.

 

“Or if it’s something else. Maybe, if you come back tomorrow I can try to see again. I’m suddenly feeling so weak.”

 

“Are you okay, Wan?” Seulgi nudges her in the shoulder.

 

“I’ll be fine. I just need some rest, come back tomorrow. Have a safe trip guys.”

 

“Oh, the hell I’m coming back here.” Yeri mutters. She will slice and dice the fish and serve her as sushi if she comes back. Joy thanks Seungwan and pulls the shorter blonde out and into the boat. Joohyun notices how slow Seulgi is walking. It’s like she’s not well. She holds her in her arms in the boat ride back.

 

“Seul, what’s wrong?”

 

“I...I… don’t…” She falls out of Joohyun’s arms and collapses onto the floor of the boat. Right away Joohyun scoops her up into her arms again. Joy and Yeri come over too.

 

“Joy, what’s wrong with her?” The raven wants to know. She feels warm and isn’t moving. She is still breathing, thankfully.

 

“I’ll find out. I’ll see when we get back to the house. Maybe something with whatever trance they were both in.”

 

“I knew we should have just killed the stupid fish!” Yeri bares her fangs. She is ready to go back and kill her.

 

“Yeri! Do you want her to sing again?”

 

“Oh, well no.” The vampire frowns. “But what about, Seul?”

 

“I’ll find out. I promise.”

 

Joohyun just looks down at her still girlfriend. She runs her fingers over her fur. She hopes Joy can help her. The last thing she wants is for something terrible to happen to the one she loves, and Seulgi thinking she’s going to always be afraid of her.

 

“Don’t worry, Seul. We’re all here for you.” Joohyun promises. She hopes somehow Seulgi can feel that she’s not alone.


 

A/N: So, this is the end of chapter 4. I hope this was fine and interesting still. We have some slight joyri development, Joohyun too seems to be opening up to bear Seulgi, and yea hope to see you for chapter 5.