My bear is a girlfriend

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi readers, so I wanted to write something based solely on Irene’s fear of animals. So there will be a bit of a supernatural aspect to it. Irene will freak when Seulgi turns into an actual adorable, bear and we’ll see how she deals with her gf turned animal with how scared she is of them. It shouldn’t be that long of a fic, but I hope there will be some enjoyment here.


 

Bae Joohyun has many good points, and qualities to her. She’s a kind, beautiful goddess of a woman who takes care of the people she loves. She also has a fun playful side to her that draws people in. It’s just really important to not get on her bad side, or you’ll awaken angry Bae. Her girlfriend Seulgi constantly teases this to people. In fact she takes it a bit further and names her according to her mood. Besides angry Bae, there is jealous Bae, possessive Bae, competitive Bae, ert Bae, and her personal favorite Granny Bae. Seulgi knows better than to call her Granny Bae however, otherwise she’ll face the consequences.

 

Kang Seulgi has been together with her girlfriend Joohyun a long time. She’s the person who knows her best. The person whom she loves deeply, despite some differences between them. There are the normal couple differences such as Joohyun being an early riser, while Seulgi not so much. There’s the fact that Joohyun is an ace of any domestic chore. She often completes everything around the house before Seulgi gets home, again Seulgi not so much. They share mostly all normal differences. Except there is one far more pressing concern for Seulgi.

 

Seulgi loves pets and animals of all types. Joohyun does not share the same love for them. She banned her girlfriend from bringing home any pet, much to the disappointment of the animal lover. Seulgi even once tried to convince her why they should have a pet.

 

(Flashback)

Joohyun freaked out when Seulgi brought home the puppy. Sure, it was cute in it’s own way. It didn’t matter because the shorte raven-haired woman still didn’t want it anywhere near her. She stood up on the kitchen table with broom in hand.

 

“Get that thing away from me, Seul!”

 

“Hyunnie, calm down. It’s just a cute puppy.”

 

“No! You know I don’t want any pets in my house.”

 

“It’s my house too.” The brunette monolid woman frowns. Joohyun refuses to compromise on this issue. It’s not fair, since she loves pets.

 

“No pets in my house, Seul.” Joohyun says again. She will not change her mind no matter what. She is terrified of any and all pets.

 

“But, Hyunnie. I’m a werewolf.” Seulgi says with a straight face.

 

“What?” The raven looks at her with wide, terrified eyes. Seulgi looks so serious that Joohyun doesn’t know what to think.

 

“That’s not funny. Stop it, Seul.”

 

“Okay. I'm not officially a werewolf, but I can shift into..”

 

“No! I don’t want to hear any of this nonsense. Now, please take the puppy and go.”

 

“Fine,” Seulgi sighs. “Okay, little buddy I’ll take you to Joy’s. She’ll take care of you.”

 

The raven watches as Seulgi leaves with the puppy. She doesn’t know why something about the way Seulgi was explaining she’s a shapeshifter got to her. After all, it couldn’t possibly be true. That sort of thing happens in movies or books.

 

“She had to be kidding.”

 

(End)

 

From then Seulgi never brought it up again. She still wishes her girlfriend would be more comfortable with pets. The sad truth is that she isn’t at all. Joohyun is quite scared of all animals, making it hard for Seulgi to convince her they should. It's why the brunette will keep thoughts to herself about wanting a pet. Overall, Joohyun is a wonderful, sweet, girlfriend, who takes amazing care of her. Seulgi can’t complain about a thing. Joohyun already acts like such a wife by taking care of her in all sorts of ways. She feeds her, irons her clothes, and is always there to make sure she’s okay. Joohyun is such a good girlfriend. She also knows whenever something is wrong. Like now, Seulgi has been acting off. Joohyun just wants to know why.

 

“Babe, are you okay?” The raven-haired woman wonders when spots Seulgi sitting in the corner of their living room. She seems on edge lately, and its unusual.

 

“W-what?” The monolid woman looks up.

 

Joohyun comes over to caress her face. Seulgi leans into her touch as she normally does.

 

“What’s wrong?” The shorter woman wonders.

 

“Wrong?”

 

“You seem nervous, sweetie. Are you okay?” Joohyun continues to caress her face in soothing motions. Seulgi gives a warm smile with eyes forming the crescents Joohyun loves so. Despite the smile, the raven knows something is going on with her girlfriend.

 

“I’m fine, Hyunnie. Don’t worry about me.”

 

Joohyun leans down to kiss her on top the forehead. She knows, Seulgi well that whatever is wrong with her. She won’t talk about it willingly. She usually holds in so much of what’s wrong. It’s definitely something that Joohyun doesn’t like, as she worries about her.

 

“Baby, I love you. Of course, I’m going to worry about you.”

 

The monolid woman smiles in gratitude. Joohyun is very kind and Seulgi wants to tell her more. She’s terrified to admit what’s wrong, because there’s a chance, Joohyun will not believe it. Instead, she reaches for her hand and leaves a kiss against her knuckles.

 

“I’m fine. Are you ready for bed now?”

 

“You know, I can’t sleep well without you.” Joohyun admits honestly. The couple do get to bed and per usual the shorter woman is happily clinging onto her. Her head rests on Seulgi’s chest and she takes a hold of her hand again.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk to me?” Joohyun decides to try at least one more time. Seulgi’s response is much what the raven expected. Seulgi smiles again and kisses her lips. She assures her once more that it’s fine, and not to worry. Naturally, Joohyun does worry about her. Instead of words, the shorter woman decides on physical contact. She wraps her arms around Seulgi in a loving way, showing her through physical actions she’s here, and she loves her.

 

The monolid woman thanks her and leaves a kiss on her cheek. Joohyun falls asleep soon enough in her arms, like normal. Hopefully, by morning Seulgi will want to talk.


 

Joohyun wakes up before her girlfriend as usual. She doesn’t feel Seulgi’s arm wrapped around her.

 

“Babe?” Joohyun yawns with eyes still closed. She reaches over for her, but feels something warm, and furry?

 

“Seul, are you wearing that fuzzy sweater I hate.” The raven frowns in distaste. She touches it again. It doesn’t feel fuzzy. It feels soft, just like the fur of an animal. Joohyun sits up and to her shock. Instead of Seulgi there is a small ball of brown curled up in a fetal position. It takes all of seconds for Joohyun to scream.

 

“Oh my god! Oh my god.” She falls out of bed with a loud thud. The small animal wakes up at the sounds and gazes to where Joohyun is on the floor.

 

“Oh, no Hyunnie?”

 

Joohyun stares at what is a bear, or a baby cub rather. It’s sitting there staring back at her with concern? It doesn’t matter because there is a freaking bear in her bed.

 

“Seulgi! Where the hell are you? This is not funny.” The raven bolts, and runs out the room. The bear cub falls out of bed too, and crawls after Joohyun. She knew that if she saw her in this form.  She would freak out and she has no way to tell Joohyun that she’s Seulgi. Is it too much to hope that Joohyun would take one look at her and recognize her. Seulgi follows after her girlfriend, who is still screaming her head off.

 

“Seul, I will kill you if you don’t come out here. Why the hell is there a bear in our house?”

 

The bear cub comes up behind her and nuzzles her leg. Joohyun turns with wide eyes and screams again.

 

“No, stay back!” She jumps away from Seulgi. The cub huffs in annoyance. She knew that Joohyun would probably freak out, but she won’t even be still enough to let her show her that she’s still Seulgi. Joohyun knows one thing. She will kill Seulgi for playing this prank on her.

 

“Kang Seulgi, if you don’t want to die. You better get your out here now.”

 

The bear turns to her with one more frown. She will have to show Joohyun in another way. She heads into the kitchen and gets up on her legs while reaching for a can of pringles. It falls onto the ground and she grabs it with her paw. Joohyun had stopped screaming long enough to see what the bear was doing. She sees it’s trying to open the Pringles, only it’s struggling to do so with it’s paws. Now, that’s something you don’t see everyday. The more the raven thinks about it. There is something quite human about this bear. Add that to the fact it’s trying to open Pringles. Joohyun gasps in realization and horror.

 

“Seul?” Joohyun whispers hesitantly.

 

She hopes to god that bear is not her girlfriend. Somebody will surely pay for this if it is. To her horror the bear looks up instantly. There’s something about the eyes. It’s definitely Seulgi’s honey eyes staring at her. Joohyun knows it’s Seulgi, but the second she sees the bear running towards her at full speed. She screams again and falls to the ground. Seulgi runs to her and leans her bear face onto her stomach. Joohyun wants to scream again but has no voice. All she knows is a bear is on her. She knows it’s Seulgi, but it’s still an animal.

 

“Ah, get away from me!” She pushes Seulgi away from her. The poor bear looks hurt by the action. What can she expect when Joohyun is afraid of animals. Joohyun gets up and runs away. She grabs the phone and calls the police.

 

“You’ve reached the Seoul Police department. What is your…”

 

“Help!” The raven shouts. “My bear is a girlfriend! I mean my girlfriend is a bear.”

 

“Ma’am, that is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. If you don’t have an actual emergency, goodbye!”

 

“But, this is an emergency. Send help my girlfriend is a bear.”

 

“Ma’am, get some help.”

 

All Joohyun hears is the dial tone in her ears. The stupid police, what are they good for. She turns to see the bear or Seulgi sitting up. She looks like a teddy bear.

 

“Uh, Seul?”

 

Once again Seulgi looks up at Joohyun. The raven is freaking out internally. Seulgi is a bear, a real life bear. Now, her girlfriend may have always resembled a bear-like human with her adorable face, monolid eyes, and round ears. Now, she’s an actual bear. How the hell is she a bear?

 

“Why are you a bear?”

 

Seulgi closes her eyes, and wonders how is she supposed to communicate with Joohyun. They never had an issue with communication before. Things are quite different now. She supposes she can try to come closer. Only when she does the raven steps back.

 

“No, don’t come closer.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t know what to do. Joohyun looks genuinely scared of her right now, and that is quite discouraging. Seulgi runs up to her anyway, and nuzzles her hand affectionately. It doesn’t have the effect she wants. Joohyun proceeds to fall out. Seulgi’s eyes widen in horror at her girlfriend passed out on the floor.

 

“Hyunnie?” She nuzzles her. There is no response. The raven is out like a light, without a doubt overwhelmed by the events of today. Seulgi lets out a small, worried whine and tries to nuzzle her arm again, in an effort to wake her. Joohyun is still out of it.

 

“Oh, Hyunnie...sorry I scared you.”

 

The best thing to do is probably to not be near her when she awakes. Although, she is quite worried about her now. Joohyun being scared of animals is why she never wanted anything like this to happen. The raven won’t be too happy when she wakes to learn the extent of the story. All Seulgi can hope for is that Joy got her message and will come over to help.


 

A/N: That’s it for the first chapter. Seulgi is a bear, and Joohyun is of course freaking out. And what does Joy have to do with anything? Is she able to help or not? So, I hope this was okay to read, and hopefully there is some interest here. Thanks for reading.