Everything's going to be just fine

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi, again thank you for those reviews for last chapter. This is coming to a close soon, and I appreciate everyone who did read and upvote this fic. I have enjoyed writing it and thank you.


 

Joohyun looks around the forest. It’s a beautiful forest and nothing feels in anyway scary about it.

 

“You’re born in the forest?”

 

“I am a shapeshifter, Hyun.” Seulgi smiles. “No, not exactly. But it not far the place where I was born and grew up. Walk with me, or would you like a ride?”

 

Joohyun hears that offer. Seulgi is offering to turn into something for her to use as transportation. As interesting as that sounds Joohyun declines and walks with her. The human links arms with her and they walk. Seulgi points out various areas of interest.

 

“This spring can heal almost anything.” The monolid woman points to the hot springs. “It’s relaxing too.”

 

“Can we try it later?”

 

“Yeah, sure. If you want to Hyun.”

 

Seulgi shows her what looks like endless fields too. She tells her girlfriend that when she was smaller she would run through them and get lost every time.

 

“My dad would always come find me.”

 

“You never talk much about your parents.”

 

“Ah.” Seulgi nods. “My parents are deceased, Hyun. They were killed when I was a child.”

 

“I’m sorry, baby. I can’t imagine how hard that must have been for you.” Joohyun leans over and kisses the top of her head. Now she thinks about Seulgi all on her own as a kid and it makes her feel badly for her. However, somehow Seulgi made it to the human world and survived. They found their way to one another and lived a great life too, and they will continue to live one once they are back home.

 

“It was hard. They were the only ones who could help me at first, because I had no control over my abilities. I didn’t have any help really until meeting Joy when I was a teenager.”

 

“I’m glad she helped you, Seul. I’m sorry that you had to be alone for that long.”

 

The raven thinks about her girlfriend being a small child and on her own. It hurts her to think of all the things Seulgi probably had gone through. Joohyun hasn’t learned much about her girlfriend, and now she can find out more. Seulgi leads the way to what is a nice sized cabin and a tree house accompanying it.

 

“This is where I was born. The tree house I added later when I came back here from time to time.”

 

“Did you ever come here when you were away on those “business” trips.”

 

Now that Joohyun really thinks about it. Everything makes so much sense as to why Seulgi would go away. Her girl was so scared of her finding out about who she truly was. Seulgi did her best to hide and so she did hide for a long time. Seulgi opens the door for her and Joohyun steps inside the cozy cabin. It’s nice inside with a fireplace, kitchen, den, and comfortable couches.

 

“Can you live in that treehouse too?”

 

“Yes.” The monolid woman nods. “It’s a fully equipped house with plumbing, bedroom, kitchen, and everything. If you’re hungry I can go hunting.”

 

“Hunting, so in like a bear form?”

 

Seulgi smiles. “I can hunt in a lion form too.”
 

As nervous as she’s been about seeing Seulgi turn into other bigger forms. She is also curious to see what a typical day is for Seulgi here. She follows her girlfriend down to the lake and Seulgi morphs into a lion before her very eyes. Joohyun thought she would be more scared, but the beautiful form of her girlfriend in that warm orange fur, same bright eyes, and it really feels like Seulgi still just as a lion. Seulgi steps back from Joohyun to give her some distance. She was surprised that Joohyun even agreed to go out here with her.

 

“Wait…” The human speaks. Joohyun walks over to her partner. Seulgi stands there and waits for what Joohyun is about to do. The raven gently puts her hands to what is soft and silky fur. The lion leans into her touch that feels nice. Joohyun not being scared anymore makes things feel better.

 

“You’re very beautiful, Kang Seulgi and I love you.”

 

The lion lets out an excited roar that startles Joohyun so badly that she practically falls to the ground.

 

“Oh, sorry, Hyunnie.” Seulgi nudges her softly.

 

“I don’t think I love that roaring all that much, though.”

 

Seulgi smiles then. It matters more to her that the woman she loves is no longer afraid of her, and now they can use this time to really connect on another level that they couldn’t before. Meanwhile, Yerim had to track down any available member of her family. There is something important she has to do and someone has to be able to help her. Her parents are no longer alive and so she had to find a distant cousin to assist her. The blonde stayed the night with them before she would make her journey the next day. The cousin expressed concern for her.

 

“Why do you want to go into that realm? It’s been a long time, Yerim?”

 

“I need to, it’s important. You will help me, right?”

 

Her cousin sighs but nods. “Whatever you’re doing this for, I know it has to be very important. I’ll help you get where you need to be.”

 

“Is my parents house still standing there? It’s been such a long time since I’ve stepped foot in that realm.”

 

“As far as I know it’s still standing.”

 

“That’s good enough, I need only one thing anyway and then I can come back.”

 

“Is this for that person you mentioned to me. What was her name again?”

 

“Joy.” Yerim says right away. “Her name is Joy, and she is special.”

 

“She’d better be, cousin. If you’re willing to do such a gesture for her.”

 

Yerim says no more and lays down on the couch of her cousin’s house. Joy is very special and she will make sure the witch knows it once she’s finished with her task. Once upon a time Joy had given her this amulet. It was meant to be of communication when they couldn’t actually be near each other. Yerim has used this before in the past and she holds onto it. Should she talk to Joy right now? Maybe hearing the redhead’s voice could help. Yerim toys with the amulet for a little while before pressing on it in the way Joy showed her. It takes a matter of moments before she hears the witch.

 

“Ah, can’t go a few hours without talking to me. Could you, honey?”

 

Yerim laughs some. Joy will always be ridiculous to her no matter what. “It’s not that.”

 

“Don’t go acting all tsundere on me, Vampy. You know you love me, even if you can’t actually say the words. Anyway, what’s going on? Are you staying safe?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just wanted to see how you are doing. I know you’re a mess without me.”

 

“I am not!” The witch says a bit too fast to be believed. “I’m just fine without you.”

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

“Okay, fine I’m not. I already ate like three gallons of ice cream and watched so many annoying romance movies.”

 

The vampire shakes her head in disbelief. She can’t leave the witch alone for too long. The woman is a mess.

 

“I hope you’re kidding.”

 

“I’m not, will you hurry up and come back soon. I don’t know how long Seul will be gone either, and I already miss you guys.”

 

Yerim will make her trip as quick as possible. She can’t speak for Seulgi and what she is planning to do. Her trip shouldn’t take a long time.

 

“I’ll be back soon, don’t do anything stupid.”

 

“Ugh, fine. I won’t do anything stupid. I’ll see you later, Vampy.”

 

“I’ll see you later, Joy.”

 

The communication is ended afterwards. Yerim lays back down on the couch. She has a busy day ahead of her. The blonde hopes Joy is going to be fine. It’s not like they haven’t spent time apart. They’ve been apart during the years they’ve known one another. They are usually together more than they are apart. Yerim knows Joy is a strong and confident witch. She’ll be fine for a little while.


 

Joy is not fine. She is definitely not fine. The redhead really did eat a bunch of ice cream and was watching really bad romantic comedies. The witch knows that everyone had to go for their own personal reasons. Seulgi needed time away for reflection and to clear her head. She also needed Joohyun with her, so they could have that time for the shapeshifter to really show her who she is entirely. The redhead honestly thinks it’s great for the couple. She knows personally how hard it was for Seulgi to hide who she was from her girlfriend. Yerim on the other hand. Joy isn’t sure where the vampire went. But if it was somewhere she couldn’t also go, then Yerim probably knew ahead of time she needed to keep her safe for whatever it is. Joy simply wants to be with Yerim, even if it’s not safe for her. They can look out for one another, like they always have.

 

The redhead starts on her next gallon of ice cream. She probably should do something constructive with her time, but as of right now eating ice cream and watching bad movies seems as good as anything else. The witch hopes everyone is okay with what they’re doing. Meanwhile, Joohyun found herself entertained and amazed by seeing Seulgi in lion form hunting. The poor lion at first kept falling into the water without catching a single fish. She just looked so cute puffing up her cheeks when she couldn’t catch anything. Joohyun tried to tell her that they could just go back to the cabin and Seulgi could use the amulet to wish for whatever they needed. Seulgi growled to her that she wanted to show Joohyun her ability to take care of her, even in another form.

 

“I don’t know what you’re saying, Seul. But how about you get out of that water, or you’ll get sick.”

 

“No, wait…” Seulgi reaches down with one of her massive paws and finally catches a few fish. Joohyun smiles at how determined and focused her girl is. Seulgi ends up catching more than enough fish.

 

“You are really cool, aren’t you?” Joohyun smiles and pats the lion’s head. Seulgi nods and leans into her touch.

 

“Okay, let’s get these fish back to the cabin, and you are going to shift back, right?”

 

“Yes!” The lion roars out in the affirmative. Joohyun thinks no matter how cute the lion form is too, and it is cute in a massive and fierce sort of way. She feels like Seulgi’s little bear form is probably the more cuter form. The minute they make it back to the cabin Seulgi walks off toward the bedroom. Soon enough she returns as a more human form.

 

“I’m glad it didn’t scare you too much.” The monolid woman tells her with a soft kiss to her cheek.

 

“Only a little at first, but you’re my Seulgi no matter what. You were also just so cute failing at catching fish.”

 

“It was a bad start. I am usually much better at hunting, not that I needed to all that much when we started dating.”

 

“I’m glad you can talk to me more now, Seul. I am sorry that you felt like you couldn’t for so long, but it feels good to know that now you can share more with me.”

 

Seulgi nods and thanks Joohyun for her understanding.  Seulgi really never thought she would have been able to share much with Joohyun, and if you can’t be honest with your partner then who can you be honest with. The shapeshifter sees again why it was important to bring Joohyun here. The raven makes dinner for them with help from that amulet to wish for whatever they need. Seulgi suggests they can eat outside and they do.

 

“What was the first animal you were able to shift into?” The human wonders curiously.

 

“The small bear form. But I had no control so when I first came to the human world I would shift unwillingly sometimes. I’d shift into animals that scared humans and they’d try to hunt me. I was just lucky.”

 

The raven squeezes her hand gently. “No one’s ever going to hunt or chase you again, baby.”

 

Seulgi smiles in gratitude and thanks her with a soft kiss to her cheek. Joohyun has been really great throughout this whole thing. The brunette appreciates her very much.

 

“Joy helped me. She taught me how to control when or where I shifted. I met Yerim after and they become my closest friends. But then they introduced me to Seungwan, and I felt like I made another friend. It’s a little complicated now.”

 

“I know, honey.”

 

Joohyun promised that whenever Seulgi needed space she would give it to her. The raven knows Seulgi needs to figure things out, but most of all she’s really glad to be here with her. After dinner Seulgi takes her back to the hot springs that are supposed to be full of healing properties. The moment Joohyun is in the water she feels calm and at ease.

 

“I would never leave this place.” The shorter woman sighs in relief against the rocks. Seulgi smiles softly at the content expression on her girlfriend’s face before leaning back against the rocks too.

 

“It’s one of the most relaxing places in the area. I’m glad I could show you this, at least once.”

 

“I’m glad too.” Joohyun assures and touches her chin to urge the monolid woman into a kiss. Seulgi is sure to return the kiss. They almost didn’t have this again and Seulgi couldn’t imagine having to really end their relationship all because of that curse. She heard what Joohyun said about they wouldn’t have had to because they love one another. Realistically, Seulgi doesn’t see how they would have been able to stay together. She would have probably just returned to her original home, or stay in the magical realm where most magical beings go.

 

“Everything’s going to be okay, Seul. I know it’ll take some time, but you’ll be to fine. You said you’re going to stay friends with Seungwan, right?”

 

“I will. She’s not evil or anything. She’s really just lonely I think.”

 

Joohyun can understand that. The mermaid is alone in a huge cave with not much to keep her entertained.

 

“I think I would be lonely too, so I do understand somewhat. You’re always my main priority, baby. I want you to be alright, and it means a lot to me to be here with you in your original home.”

 

Seulgi nods and wraps an arm around her to bring the shorter woman closer. The brunette tells her to look up soon at the sky. Joohyun looks and that’s where she sees the sky changing all sorts of colors. From soft pinks, to bright yellows, warm oranges, deep purples, and light reds. The stars are especially bright too and then Seulgi starts pointing out all the constellations to her. Joohyun finds that she would like to come back here with her girlfriend again.

 

“You’re home is a beautiful place.”

 

“Thank you, Hyun. Would you maybe want to come back sometime?”

 

“Of course, I’d love to.”

 

“Thanks, I never thought I would show this to you. I am glad that you’re here.”

 

“I’m glad you could show me.”

 

They don’t stay long after that. The couple get out of the water and head back to the cabin for some sleep. It’s been an eventful day and tomorrow is another one. In bed Seulgi feels Joohyun cuddle up closer to her.

 

“It feels great to be able to properly hold you, Seul.”

 

“I know, and when I think about how we might have never even had this simple contact of holding one another. It makes me so angry, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun leans up and kisses her forehead. She wants Seulgi to let go of any anger she still feels.

 

“Don’t think about how we could have ended up apart. I want you to think about how we are together, and nothing’s going to ever keep us apart. Promise me that when you feel upset, you just think about us and that we’re together.”

 

“I promise, Hyun. I will think about the fact that we’re together, and how much we love one another.”

 

“That’s all I ask, baby. We should probably get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day, yes?”

 

“Yes, tomorrow is another day. Goodnight, Hyun.”


 

The couple fell asleep in one another’s embrace. Tomorrow was indeed going to be another day. It would be another day they were together and another day to keep on looking forward. The next morning Yerim’s cousin helped her getting back to the realm in which her parents old manor is. It’s been a very long time since the blonde stepped foot here.

 

“It looks like hell.” Yerim says when she sees how very broken down the manor is. Half of it looks caved in, rocks and wood all over the place. There are overgrown bushes, weeds, and thorns that have overtaken various parts.

 

“No one ever took care of it. It was technically your house, Yerim.”

 

Her parents left everything to her. But Yerim simply didn’t want to ever live in this house. It is still somewhat sad to see it in the condition that’s in now.

 

“I only need to find one thing, and then I can go.”

 

“You think it’s still there after all this time?”

 

The blonde knows it’s still here. She will find it and return to Joy. Her cousin offers to go inside with her, but Yerim declines.

 

“I’ll be quicker on my own. I know where I need to go.”

“If you need help, Yerim…”

 

“I know, I’ll let you know if I do. Thanks for helping me get here.”

 

“You’re welcome, cousin.”

 

Yerim can’t get in from the front but maybe a side exit. If it’s not destroyed too badly. The blonde has to get in, but there’s more than she will need to do. She has to get to the room where her parents performed the ritual. The one that turned them all into vampires. She has to slice through a few thorns to make way, but the door itself is ruined enough that she can simply walk inside. It’s been a long time since she lived here. Back when she was a human and had a normal family life. Everything was so simple then, before her dad wanted to perform the ritual and change their lives forever. Yerim supposes one good thing outside of the strength and immortality. She was able to meet Joy. Yerim wouldn’t have been able to meet the witch had she not been made vampire.

 

“Everything is a wreck.” Yerim touches the bookshelves and how broken they are. The dust would be suffocating if she needed to breathe. The blonde knows why she is here and it’s for Joy. There are a few wild animals she has to fight her way through to get to the room. She remembers everything about the ritual. The sacrificing of her heart for one thing. The candles, sounds, lights. The demon her father made the exchange with.

 

“It has to still be here.” Yerim speaks as she looks around the large attic like room. The vampire freezes because the memories take over for a moment, and she nearly stumbles to the ground. Yerim clutches her chest where her heart once was. She has to find it. The heart was placed into some magical containment jar. Yerim was sure the demon had taken it but she did black out during the ritual. The blonde stops at a chest and just before she can open it she hears the demon’s voice.

 

“Young vampire, what are you doing back here after so many centuries?”

 

The vampire turns to look at the demon who is in the form of a woman dressed in all black. She is ghostly pale but her face can’t be seen. Yerim needs her heart back and she will talk to the demon in order to get it.

 

“I need my heart back.”

 

“Why on earth would you need such a thing as that for?”

 

“I need it to give to someone.”

 

“Ah,” The demon nods. “Is this for someone you love. Is this meant to be some sort of grand gesture?”

 

Of course the demon would be all knowing and know why she wants her heart back. Yerim isn’t afraid of the demon. She will do anything for Joy, just as Joy has done everything for her.

 

“I need it back!” The vampire grabs her sword. “I will fight you if I have to, whatever it takes.”

 

The pale demon laughs. “Honestly, please don’t think you could actually kill me. If not for me you wouldn’t even be what you are. Tell me why you need this thing back so desperately.” The demon snaps her fingers and Yerim sees her heart preserved in that magical jar. It’s there within reach but Yerim knows she won’t just get it easily.

 

“I need it for her.”

 

“Who is this her you speak of so, Yerim? Why did you come all the way here to get your heart back?”

 

Yerim remembers this sort of demon. She likes to see begging more than anything else. It’s why she gets down on her knees before the demon.

 

“I will stay on my knees for as long as it takes. I need my heart back to give to the woman I love, because there is nothing else I could do but this. I need her to know that I love her and my heart is hers. It would literally be hers. I need it back, please.”

Yerim knows that if she were physically able to cry she would be doing so right now. The demon says nothing for a long moment. Yerim bows before her and waits. Does she have to beg even more? Whatever she must do Yerim is prepared to do so. The next thing that happens is the demon presenting her with her heart. Yerim is shocked to say the least. The vampire didn’t think it would be this easy.

 

“Here, take it. You’re prepared to stay on your knees for this woman, aren’t you? That tells me so much.”

 

“Thank you.” Yerim nods. The demon says nothing and leaves. The vampire can’t believe it’s over just like that, however. One day that demon could return for her and want something. Yerim doesn’t even care now if she does return. The most important thing is that her heart is in her possession again, and soon it will be in the possession of Joy. The witch will be sure to take care of it.


 

Seulgi woke up very early in the morning. It was about 3 am when the shapeshifter got out of bed and left the cabin. She needed time to clear her head and needed to do so alone. The brunette left a note for Joohyun and told her not to worry as she would return. There’s mountains she likes to fly to because it’s peaceful and she can think. The monolid woman turns into a larger bird this time and flys away. Being back home as been good for her. Not that she doesn’t have a home with Joohyun back in the human world. There is still a sense of calm that has overcome the brunette being where she’s from originally. When she lands on her favorite spot Seulgi turns back to a more human form. She takes a few deep breaths and closes her eyes. Time away from everything was a good idea. Seulgi knows she’s not over what happened with Seungwan, and she needs more time on that end. But, she will remain friends with her. Seulgi thinks they can all get back on track within their friendships. If Seungwan really is that lonely, perhaps she, Yerim, and Joy can visit the siren more.

 

“We can try to visit her more.” Seulgi thinks. They can start by visiting her more. It’s not as if Joy doesn’t already have a house there in that realm. Seulgi thinks she can also get herself property of some kind too. Maybe Joohyun would like to come back too since she is fine with her being a shapeshifter, Joy being a witch, and Yerim being a vampire. Joohyun has come a long way since being terrified of them all. It makes Seulgi feel good that Joohyun is more than okay with her friends as they are. The wind blows and Seulgi nods to herself.

 

“Everything will be okay.”


 

Joohyun wakes up to the note and knows that most likely Seulgi is fine. She knows the area very well as this is her home. The human still hopes her girl is okay. The raven gets up to make breakfast and soon enough she feels a light tapping on the window. Joohyun almost screams because of the hawk sitting there, but then she looks at the eyes. The bird has some purple flowers in too.

 

“Oh, Seul. Thank god it’s you, and not anyone else.” Joohyun opens the window and lets Seulgi in. Seulgi carefully places the purple flowers before her girlfriend. She then turns back into human. Joohyun is about to hug her but Seulgi beats her to it and wraps her arms around the shorter woman.

 

“Everything’s going to be okay, Hyun. I’m sure of it.”

 

“Good…” Joohyun nods in relief. “I’m glad you’re feeling better. Do you think being back here’s helped so far?”

 

“It is, plus I’m not alone. I have you with me, and that makes everything okay.”

 

Joohyun leans up to kiss her. She is glad to see her girlfriend feeling better. She caresses her cheeks.

 

“There’s my sweet and optimistic bear.”

 

“I can turn into one too!” Seulgi laughs and that makes Joohyun laugh too. God does she love this woman.

 

“I’m glad to see you laughing again, baby. Are you hungry? I’m just about to make some breakfast.”

 

Seulgi nods and thanks her with a soft kiss. She sits down at the kitchen table while Joohyun cooks.

 

“I was thinking about maybe buying some property back in the magical realm. I never owned anything there before, plus it would give me somewhere to stay when I visit more. I know Seungwan is lonely and maybe Joy, Yerim, and I can see her more.”

 

Joohyun nods. Whatever Seulgi wants to do she’s fine with. The human touches her hand softly.

 

“You mean somewhere we could stay.”

 

Seulgi looks up from her mug of tea. She blinks a few times because Joohyun sounds so sure and confident. Seulgi knows Joohyun is more comfortable with everything now, but she didn’t expect for her to want to go even further.

 

“We?”

 

“Yes, we.” Joohyun smiles. “We are a team, Seul. We need to find some property here. I’m with you no matter what.”

 

“I am so lucky to have you.”

 

The raven leans down to kiss the top of Seulgi’s head. The shapeshifter wraps her arms around Joohyun’s waist.

 

“We are lucky to have one another, Seul. Now, let’s eat breakfast. I can’t wait to see what you’ll show me today.”

 

“I think today will be another interesting day, Hyun. Let’s eat first.”


 

Yerim’s cousin was amazed by the heart in the magical glass. It’s a real life and beating heart. The blonde vampire held onto it for dear life as she needs to make sure it gets safely back to Joy.

 

“You’re going to just give your heart to this woman?”

 

Yerim nods. “It already belongs to her, and she has spent more than 100 years with me and showing me how much she loves me. This is the least I can do.”

 

Her cousin thinks it’s amazing that Yerim is this in love with someone. She would give to her something as personal as this, her actual heart.

 

“I think it’s nice to see this side of you, Yerim. I hope it goes well when you return.”

 

“Me too.” Yerim agrees. She needs to get back to Joy and soon. The redhead decided she would go out first for her morning. She went into the town and had breakfast at a restaurant. The witch walked around for a little while before deciding there was somewhere she should go. Joy teleported herself to Seungwan’s cave and the fact that the mermaid was so shocked to see her told her a lot in one moment.

 

“Joy!” The siren says in alarm. “I didn’t know you were coming. Do you want something to drink or eat, um…”

 

“It’s okay, Wan. I ate breakfast already, I’ve just come to see you.”

 

“Oh, well it’s nice to see you.” The mermaid smiles. “Sit, please.” She gestures to the rock formations that she created to look like a sitting area for her friends. Joy takes note to how they look like armchairs.

 

“Did you make this for Yerimie, Seul, and I?”

 

“Yes, I wanted you all to have somewhere to sit when you came to visit.”

 

“Ah,” Joy nods and sits on the rock chairs that aren’t nearly as hard and uncomfortable as one would think. “How are you doing, Wan?”

 

“How am I….” She stops. “I’m okay, I was really scared I would lose Seul’s friendship, and then also yours and Yerim’s too. I never meant to hurt Seul.”

 

Joy nods. She knows that Seungwan is a nice person and it was all an accident. The witch hopes Seungwan understands that Seulgi isn’t some unforgiving and cold person. Joy has known the woman since she was a teenager and she knows how very kind Seulgi is.

 

“Seul doesn’t hate you or anything, Wan. She did go through a lot under that curse, but she will get over it. She went home to figure stuff out.”

 

“Home like her original home?”

 

“Yeah, and she took Joohyun with her. She hid herself from her girlfriend for years, so it’s time for them to connect in another way. I don’t want you to worry about you and Seul not being friends.”

 

“She said she needed time, but wants to still be friends with me. I am really glad about that.”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry things will work out. We’re all going to still be friends. Did we not have an amazing time for your big 1000th birthday?”

 

Seungwan laughs. “We had a nice time.”

 

(Flashback)

 

Joy, Yerim, and Seulgi were on their way to Seungwan’s cave. It’s her birthday and they have gifts, cake, and balloons. Yerim looks down to the cake box that is decorated pretty from the little mermaid movie. Joy said it was meant to be some sort of joke.

 

“I have a question?” Yerim says.

 

“About what?” Joy wonders.

 

“Why does the fish need cake?”

 

Seulgi laughs and pats the vampire’s shoulder. “It’s her birthday, Yerim. Did you not have birthday parties when you were human?”

 

Joy laughs then. “You know you’re talking about so many centuries right, Seul. Our Yerimie is very old.”

 

The blonde frowns. “I look younger than you.”

 

“What! You take that back!”

 

Before they can fight Seulgi gently reminds them not to fight. It is after all Seungwan’s birthday and they are here to celebrate it with her. The witch and vampire stop their fight and they sail into the cave. They don’t see Seungwan at first and that gives them some time to set up. They put the balloons, cake, and gifts down and they hear Seungwan swimming up to them.

 

“Guys?”

 

“Happy Birthday, Seungwan!” Three voices ring out at once.

 

“Oh..” The siren says in surprise and swims over. She didn’t even think they would remember. “Thank you guys, oh is that cake from the human world?”

 

“Yeah, it’s from one of my favorite shops back there.” The shapeshifter nods. “It’s a banana cake with chocolate icing. Do you like chocolate, Wan?”

 

“C-Chocolate?”

 

“Why does the fish need chocolate!”

 

“Sweetie, shut up!” Joy shouts at Yerim.

 

“You shut up!”

 

Seungwan chuckles and watches the two go back and forth with one another. Seulgi smiles and hands her over a gift.

 

“You like to sing, so I wondered if you liked to play instruments too. It’s a flute, and maybe you would like to…”

 

“Thank you!” The mermaid hugs Seulgi immediately. “I’ve never gotten a gift before. I will cherish this, Seul.”

 

“You’re welcome, and happy birthday.”

 

“Yeah, happy 1000th!” The witch and vampire say together as they’ve stopped arguing long enough. Today is the best birthday the mermaid has had in a long time and she appreciates her friends very much for what they’ve done.

 

(End)
 

 

“Don’t worry, Wan.” Joy tells her. “When everyone gets back we’ll figure it all out.”

 

“I was wondering why Yerim wasn’t with you. She’s always with you.”

 

The witch smiles some. She and Yerim are indeed always together for the most part. It’s been really a day and a night but Joy misses her terribly. It’s so odd to not have her vampire by her side.

 

“Yerim had something to do. It was important to her and I couldn’t go.”

 

“Are you worried about her?”

 

“Of course I am.” Joy says right away. “I just want her to come back soon, whatever she had to do.”

 

The mermaid nods. “She’ll come back. You two have always had this thing with you, and I think it’s pretty special.”

 

Joy thinks what they have is also special. The witch thanks her and says they will all return to talk to her. Their friendships will be fine again the redhead is sure.


 

Seulgi wanted to share one other special place with her girlfriend. It was the valley she explained that she would get lost in all the time. They held hands as they walked to it. Joohyun could see how someone could get lost in such vast and tall fields such as these.

 

“I’m just thinking about how cute you probably were here with your father rescuing you.”

 

“He would always find me, no matter where I ended up. It’s a good place to take a nap too.” Seulgi takes her to a comfortable spot and they sit.

 

“We won’t get lost, will we?”

 

“No, don’t worry. I could always fly you out of here if we do.”

 

Joohyun finds herself curious as to what else Seulgi can change into.

 

“What else can you shift into?”

 

“I have the adult form of the smaller bear one that Joy and Yeri mentioned to you. There’s a cat, dog, wolf, um…” Seulgi pauses. She doesn’t know how many she should list. Joohyun remembers that Joy and Yerim told her she had other more dangerous forms.

 

“I’m not afraid, Seul. You can tell me if there’s something bigger you can turn into.”

 

“Well, you’ve seen the lion. But I was actually experimenting with a dragon form.”

 

“Can you change into it?”

 

“Sort of. I couldn’t ever get it right, so I only end up as half dragon with the horns and wings. Don’t worry I’ll keep my shifting to the normal animals.”

 

Joohyun leans into her then and the brunette wraps her arms around her. The couple sit in each other’s arms for a long while simply enjoying the breeze, scent of water and flowers around them, and one another’s company.

 

“We can come back here, right?”

 

“Sure, I know Joy will make sure I’m able to bring you back.”

 

“Good, I really like it here.”

 

“It means a lot to me you are here, Hyun.”

 

“I’m where I want to be, Seul. I am here with you where I should be.”


 

Once Seulgi was alone in the world with no parents and unable to control her abilities. Now Seulgi has people she loves and cares about in her friends who have been with her for so long, and of course she has Joohyun. This is the woman she loves and is thankful for everyday. After the valley Seulgi shows her the fruit trees.

 

“These are some of the best fruits you could ever have. Do you want some?”

 

“Yes, they look delicious, Seul.” Joohyun nods to the bright red apples. There are other fruit growing too, such as peaches and different colored berries. Seulgi picks some and they take them back to the cabin. The second the human tastes the fruit they are delicious and tastes better than anything she’s ever had before.

 

“You’re right. These are so good.”
 

“Yeah, I can’t tell you how many of these fruits I would stuff my face with on my walks around.”

 

“I don’t blame you. They’re really good. I’m guessing your Pringles addiction didn’t happen to you came to the human world.”

 

Seulgi nods with a small smile. There are definitely things she had never heard of until making it to the human world. Pringles was one such glorious thing. Joohyun pokes her stomach in a playful manner.

 

“My pringles monster.”

 

“I keep thinking back to earlier when I was in bear form and you were scared. I tried to open those pringles to get you to know it was me. If not for pringles you wouldn’t have known.”

 

Joohyun laughs some and thinks Seulgi is right to some extent. It was indeed the pringles that helped the human know the little bear was her girlfriend. However, Joohyun likes to think she would know those eyes absolutely anywhere. The couple soon sit down to dinner because they will return back to Joy’s in the morning. The trip was a much needed one and Seulgi is feeling better than she has in a while. Everything’s going to be okay from here on.


 

Joy was just getting ready to turn into bed when she sees a familiar blonde walking down below her window. Yerim is back already? She gets up out of bed in her red pajamas and red slippers before running down to greet the vampire. Yerim doesn’t look hurt in anyway, but she is holding something in a black pouch. Joy simply runs to her for a hug. It’s not even been that long but she’s just glad to be holding the shorter woman again.

 

“Hey, you’re back. What happened, you don’t look hurt. But are you alright, Yerimie?”

 

The vampire nods and assures her she is fine. She had a task to do and it’s done. The witch wants to ask her more questions but waits until Yerim is settled in the living room by the fireplace. The blonde is holding onto the bag like something precious is inside.

 

“Um, so what’s in the bag?”

 

“It’s something that once belonged to me, but it’s not mine any longer. This is something that belongs to you.”

 

“Something that belongs to me?” The redhead wonders. She doesn’t know what Yerim is talking about. The vampire takes out the jar and hands it over to Joy who screams and nearly falls off the other couch.

 

“Ah, what in the hell is that!”

 

Yerim shakes her head. Perhaps she should have left her heart back where it was instead of giving it to Joy.

 

“What does it look like?”

 

“It looks like a ing heart!”

 

“It is a ing heart!” Yerim shouts back. “It’s mine, I went to get it back so I could offer it to you, Joy. It’s not mine any longer, but it’s yours. My heart is yours if you want it.”

 

“Oh…” Joy gets it. At first she was freaked out because there was no telling what the hell heart it was, or who it belonged to. But then she is touched as she gets the significance behind it. Yerim lost her heart in that ritual years ago. Yet, here she is with it and is offering it to her. The witch grabs her into a hug and plants kisses all over her face. She loves this vampire with all of her heart and she will treasure the heart Yerim is offering her.

 

“I can’t believe you’re giving me your actual heart. Do you understand the significance behind this gesture?”

 

“Yes, why do you think I went to get it back. It is supposed to be symbolic.”

 

“I appreciate you for doing this. I love you, Kim Yerim and now that your heart is mine. It’ll always be safe in my possession.”

 

Yerim thinks her heart was always safe in Joy’s possession even before she actually offered it over to her. Yerim knows as long as she’s with Joy no matter what happens, everything’s going to be okay.

 

“I’m glad you’re back.” Joy leans over to kiss her again on the lips this time.

 

“I’m glad to be back.”

 

The two of them know they are meant to be together, and there’s nothing that could happen to change it. Joy looks down to the heart and knows she finally has the love of the one person who’s always meant most to her. It’s all she could ever need.

 

When Seulgi and Joohyun return the next morning and they see Joy proudly carrying around that heart in a glass. The couple freak out appropriately.

 

“Joy, what the hell!” The shapeshifter shouts.

 

“Yerimie gave it to me. It’s her actual heart that she lost years ago, and it’s all mine.”

 

“Oh, um...how nice?” Joohyun says although she isn’t sure what else she can say at a moment like this. Joy shrugs as she doesn’t care what the other two think. Having Yerim’s heart in any form means everything to her.

 

“Are you feeling better, Seul?” The vampire decides to ask.

 

“Yes, going away helped. I cleared my mind and I think we should go talk to Seungwan, all of us.”

 

“Ugh,” Yerim groans. “Yes, fine. We will see her but I just got back from a journey. I won’t tolerate any loudness.”

 

Joy side hugs her and assures Yerim that she will not have to hear any singing or loudness as she so eloquently put it. The four of them prepare for the trip to see the mermaid. She seemed to be expecting them this time and it’s why she made sure it was comfortable for everyone.

 

“Hi, guys. I’m glad to see you all.”

 

“We’re…” Yerim starts but stops because Joy shuts her up with a kiss.

 

“Hey, Wan.” Seulgi nods to her. The monolid woman can feel Joohyun holding her hand. She gives it a gentle squeeze in silent thanks.

 

“Hi, Seul. I’m glad to see you here. I know you needed some time to think.”

 

“I had time to think, and clear my mind. We’re not going to stop being friends and I do understand that you were just alone here. Joy, Yerim, and I can visit you more for one.”

 

“We’re going to do what!” Yerim shouts but Joy smacks her upside the head.

 

“Yes, Seul is right. We can at the least visit you more, and maybe we can work on some sort of way to bring you over to the human world to visit.”

 

“It’s enough to not lose you guys, so I am thankful. Joohyun?” She turns to the human who hasn’t said much. “I owe you an apology too. What happened didn’t just affect Seul, it affected you too. I’m just glad that there was no permanent damage to your relationship.”

 

Joohyun accepts her apology. “Seul and I are more than fine, and she knows that you’re sorry for what happened. I think it’ll be okay from here.”

 

“I will come to see you but you need to have your inside voice down before I commit to coming here.” Yerim tells Seungwan, and the mermaid laughs some before nodding.

 

“I will work on my inside voice.”

 

“Okay, well that’s that I guess. We should all really get going back to the human world. Don’t worry we’ll see you more, Wan. We did kind of drop the ball there, but you’re our friend and we’ll do better.” Joy assures. Yerim says nothing but nods in the affirmative.

 

“I’ll do better too.” Seungwan promises. “I just admired you Seul. You’re a very brave person and I looked up to you for it.”

 

“She is a very brave and strong person.” Joohyun agrees.

 

“I appreciate that you looked up to me, Wan. But maybe next time try not to be like me, hm?” Seulgi smiles kindly and offers her hand to shake. Seungwan is very touched by the gesture because Seulgi once shook her hand for the first time years ago. The mermaid shakes her hand and thanks them all again. The group of four leave and she waves goodbye, or rather she swims alongside their boat for a little while.

 

“Bye guys, I’ll see you soon!”

 

“Bye, see you soon.” Everyone waves back to her. Seungwan has the feeling that everything will work out. She isn’t going to lose any of her friends, and she is grateful for that. The mermaid looks forward to when she can spend time with them all again. Joy opens the portal back to the human world and they all end up back in Joohyun and Seulgi’s house.

 

“Home sweet home.” The witch says happily. “What a few days that was, am I right?”

 

“It was hell.” Yerim tells Joy who simply pats her face lovingly.

 

“Is that anyway to talk about the time we spent together?”

 

Yerim rolls her eyes in mock annoyance. “I’m going to hang out with Saeron.”

 

“Oh, no the hell you don’t!” Joy pulls her back from transforming into a bat. “You’re coming home with me, sweetie. Anyway, Seul, Joohyun it’s been a hell of a trip. I’m glad everything’s back to normal.”

 

“Thanks, guys.” The shapeshifter smiles. “I appreciate everything you both did, and well Hyun and I will be looking for property back in the magical realm. It’ll help out to have a house.”

 

“You need a house out there. I saw something for sale too. It was a nice house too, I’ll text you pictures and we can plan a trip to go see it. Anyway, let me go get my cranky vampy home. Come on, sweetie.” Joy begins dragging the blonde with her.

 

“I’m not cranky!”

 

“You’re old, honey. You are automatically cranky.”

 

“Give me my heart back!”

 

“No, it’s mine forever. You gave it to me, so you’ll not be getting it back.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun can’t help to laugh at the bickering pair as they leave their house. Those two will always be ridiculous and they truly belong together. Joohyun turns to Seulgi with a soft smile.

 

“This has been a very interesting few days, baby. I learned so much about you, and just when I think I couldn’t possibly love you anymore than I already do. You show me again that I can always fall just a little bit more in love with you, Seul.”

 

Seulgi wraps her arms around her waist and pulls her into a warm kiss. One that Joohyun immediately returns.

 

“Only a little more?”

 

“Yeah…” She smiles. “Just a little more.” But there’s a teasing tone in her voice that lets Seulgi know she’s kidding.

 

“I love you just a little more too, Bae Joohyun.”

 

“You’d better, otherwise I’d be very hurt. It’s good to be home though, I’ve missed our bed.”

 

“I missed being with you in our bed.”

 

“Hm,” Joohyun agrees with another soft kiss. “I’m going to get a shower and I expect you to join me in that big comfortable bed soon.”

 

“I’ll be right there, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun leaves one final kiss to her cheek before heading to get that shower. Seulgi sits down on one of the couches of their living room. It’s been one long and interesting few days. But she is grateful to be back to normal, grateful to have her friends, and more grateful that she has Joohyun. The brunette takes out a necklace with a small bear pendant that was left to her from her mom. Everything’s going to be okay.

 

“I have a family in my friends and my girlfriend, Mom, Dad. I just hope you both know that no matter what I wasn’t alone forever, and I am just fine.”

 

“Seul?” She hears Joohyun calling out for her. The water to the shower is running. “Why waste water when you can join me?”
 

Seulgi smiles and lets out a roaring sound as if she’s in lion form as a way to mess with her girlfriend.

 

“Hey! No roaring in the house!”

 

Seulgi laughs. “Yes, Ma’am, I won’t roar in the house, maybe in the bedroom…” She teases and knows without a doubt Joohyun is probably blushing or smiling. It’s good to be back home with Joohyun. It’s great to be back to normal, and Seulgi is especially thankful that she is loved and accepted unconditionally by the woman she loves. Without her love then that curse wouldn’t have been broken. Now they can all continue to look forward, and everything looks like it’ll be okay for everyone.

 

“Hey.” Seulgi reaches her and pulls her into a kiss. “Thank you.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For your unconditional love and acceptance.”

 

Joohyun shakes her head and gently takes the monolid woman’s face into her hands. Seulgi doesn’t need to ever thank her for that.

 

“You don’t need to thank me because I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun gently pulls her into the shower with her, but there is this soft and tender smile on her face. Sure she was scared of Seulgi in the beginning. However, there is nothing that could ever make her not love this amazing, kind, and warm woman she is proud to call hers.

 

“Yeah, my girlfriend is a bear and I am hopelessly in love with her.”



 

A/N: Hey so this is the final chapter. But I will write some epilogue to it and hopefully it’ll be up soon. Seulrene are happy together and in love. Joohyun is no longer afraid and accepts her as she is. Joyri are a thing, and better than ever in their ridiculousness and Seungwan has her friends and they will all do better in their friendships. I hope everyone who reviewed and read liked this fic. I personally did enjoy it and it was fun to write. I’ll try to get that epilogue up soon, but thanks everyone ^^