Chapter Three: Talk to me

A little bit more of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three    Talk to me

 

 

Tiffany rushed to her car and drove off to their shared apartment like a mad woman she didn’t even care if the cops will arrest her for her reckless driving as her conversation with Sooyoun kept repeating in her mind; she couldn’t believe what she just have heard and all she wanted is to hear it from Taeyeon, her thoughts were scattered all over the place, she doesn’t know what she will do or how to react when she will see Taeyeon all she knows is she want and need to talk to the woman. She wasn’t angry at the later for hiding the truth per se but nevertheless she was sad that Taeyeon couldn’t confide in her and she thought that they were friends.

In the meantime at their house Sooyoung is trying to stop Taeyeon from running away again who was in her room packing her clothes.

“Please Tae stay home..you don’t know if Jessica told the truth to Tiffany yet..”

“No Soo I can’t….and we are talking about Jessica Jung here…I’m sure that not only Tiffany knows the truth about me by now but also everyone else in the coffee know already….I can’t deal with it now…” Taeyeon said in the verge of crying “I don’t want to go through that again..Soo…I can’t…” She continued as she sat down on her bed while Sooyoung held her in her arms to comfort her.

“Everything will be fine Tae..” Sooyoung reassured her even if she wasn’t sure about that herself

“You don’t know that…” Taeyeon said with a sad tone “…She’s with Jessica now and I’m sure the latter will take her away from me…high school will repeat itself again…” Taeyeon added as tears started to stream down on her cheek; Sooyoung sighed as she wept Taeyeon’s tears away with her hand, she hated seen her best friend broke down again.

“You don’t know that either…we should have faith in our roommate…Tiffany is different from the other and I’m sure she won’t hurt you Taeyeon…I think she really loves you..”

“Stop saying that Soo, if she loves me why she’s dating Jessica? Why they are so close to each other? Tiffany only loves me as a friend Soo…we should accept that fact…” Taeyeon said looking hopeless and lost, she stood and took her bag “I should go…before she get back..” she added and headed toward the front door as Sooyoung followed her, the latter that Taeyeon is very stubborn and she won’t change her mind this quick, only thing she can do now is to respect the older woman wishes and let her be.

“When are you going back?”

“I don’t know…I need time to think and sort things out..”

“Okay…just promise me to be safe..” Sooyoung said to her best friend; she knew that her friend needed time to cope with her feelings as always do and she didn’t know what she will do to comfort her.

“I promise..Bye Soo.” Taeyeon answered as she went out from their shared apartment. Sooyoung looked at the door being shut and cursed Jessica under her breath and went to her room to call Soeur Elise and tell her about what had happened.

After awhile of driving Tiffany finally arrived home and rushed to Taeyeon’s room without taking off neither her coat nor her shoes and started to knock on the door and calling for Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon…please open the door..” She said to the owner of the room without getting any answer; she took her phone and dialed Taeyeon’s number only her call went straight to voice mail

“Taeyeon please open the door…please Taetae…I think we need to talk..” She added as she continued knocking but again no answer, she frowned and opened Taeyeon’s room only to found no one, fear crept through her heart as it clenched while she went to check Taeyeon’s closet which was empty; tears welled up in her eyes ‘No…no Taetae don’t leave me please..’ and rushed to Sooyoung’s room; she knew that the later must know Taeyeon’s whereabouts; as she was about to knock on the owner’s lightly opened door; she stopped midway when she heard Sooyoung’s voice.

“Yes Soeur Elise…I won’t let her…” Sooyoung said over the phone “Is she alright now?”. ‘They must talk about Taetae’ Tiffany thought to herself

“…”

“Good, that’s good…” Sooyoung sighed in relief “Call me if anything happens..” Sooyoung said as she stood up “Good night Soeur Elise”. Sooyoung ruffled her hair in frustration and cursed for the nth time Jessica and this messed up situation. As she went out from her room, she found Tiffany in the hallway looking all worried they stared at each other for short moment; one gauging Tiffany’s demeanor and the other one lost is in her mind full of question; until Sooyoung decided to break the eye contact by greeting the woman in front of her.

“Hey Fany…did you just get back home?” Sooyoung asked nonchalantly as she went to the kitchen to make herself something to drink.

“Yeah…I did…Soo..” Fany started unsure “Where is Taeyeon?” She added as she followed Sooyoung to the kitchen

“She went out..” Sooyoung simply answered as she busied herself with the coffee making

“I know that… but where is she?” Tiffany asked trying to remain calm as possible as she find her roommate behavior frustrating; Sooyoung stopped when she heard Tiffany demanding request and turned around as she set a cup of hot chocolate for Tiffany and a cup of coffee for herself; the latter frowned and looked at her; Tiffany knew that Sooyoung don’t usually drink coffee in the middle of the night unless something is bothering her.

“I will not go around the bushes Fany ah…don’t worry and I.. I just need you to remain calm as possible hence the cup of hot chocolate for you…” Sooyoung said as she sat down next to Tiffany, which made the latter smile a little but raised her eyebrow when she saw Sooyoung’s cup

“And for me…I need to stay awake tonight in case..” Sooyoung simply said as she sipped her coffee

“In case Taeyeon hurt herself again..” Tiffany stated and looked at Sooyoung’s face

“Yes…I see that Jessica told you everything already..even about that” Sooyoung said as she shook her head and rubbed her face with her hand

“No she didn’t tell about the scars since I noticed them before and I happen to be a doctor so I figured that Taetae hurt herself…” Tiffany stated, the hot chocolate starting to relax her tensed muscles

“That’s good to her hear you still calling her Taetae…even if you…” Sooyoung muttered but was cut off by Tiffany

“I will always call her Taetae, she is one of my dear best friend even if I know the truth…”Tiffany stated feeling a bit offended by her friends insinuation and their secrecy

“Hmm…Listen Fany; me and Taeyeon are really happy that you found your special someone in Jessica but I really care a lot about Taeyeon’s well being…..the only thing I’m asking you is don’t let that woman anywhere near Taeyeon please…” She added as she pleaded the girl next to her who frowned at her statement as she didn’t quite understand

“Wait…What…” Tiffany started and chuckled “You mean Jessica and me…No she’s not my special someone Soo…She’s only a friend and a colleague…”

“Hmm..” Sooyoung hummed as an answer but still skeptical

“Really she’s not Soo and where this came from.”

“Taeyeon and I saw you how happy you are when you are talking about her so we thought..”

“You thought wrong, both of you are. Speaking of Taeyeon aren’t you going to answer my previous question?”

“…” But Sooyoung stayed mum

“Soo I know you are worried about her but I just need to talk to her…” Tiffany tried to coax her

“What’s there to talk about Fany ah? I think you know the truth about her and about her past…and..”

“And you are afraid that I might hurt her like Jessica did back then..”Tiffany added; she knew her roommate too well “I’m really offended and disappointed by both of you right now but you should have more faith in me and I promise you I won’t..I just need to see her…” She added as she took Sooyoung hand into hers and squeezed it reassuringly

“Please Soo where’s Taeyeon?”

“…She is with Soeur Elise, in her only safe place when she needs to figure things out…”

“Is she planning to go back here anytime soon?” Tiffany asked as she remembered the empty closet she was afraid that her assumption might come true

“I don’t know after a week or so…you know how she will get when her emotion are all over the place…she need time to be away..”

“From us…no…in better word, from me again actually, she has been doing that a lot lately…” Tiffany said as Sooyoung looked up at her surprised “Yes I noticed that she distanced herself a lot from me Soo I’m not d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter