| III |

She's Dreaming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

Myunghee

It was almost as if Myunghee could see the gears shifting inside of her head and clicking into place slowly as her eyes opened and she came face to face with a beautiful boy laying on top of her. She was completely aware of him, but at the same time unaware of everything at once. Her body did not feel like… well, her. She wasn’t even able to register the un-doubtable weight of the boy who, under normal circumstances, probably should have been crushing her. 

She blinked at him a couple of times before the recognition seemed to sink in and she pieced together that he was the upperclassman from her University - the one who knocked her books out of her arms that very same day… 

Or was it even that day? Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she tried to grasp a sense of time around her, but she just couldn’t. It was as if time was at a standstill and nothing was moving or breathing or doing anything at all, really.

He looked scared on top of her, as if he were waiting for her to do something drastic or crazy, but she was still barely getting herself together. Myunghee had absolutely no idea why she was so confused and disoriented. It took her a moment to put her concentration into just a few thoughts, and she finally opened to speak. She had wanted to ask where she was, what she was doing, why he was there, and what was going on, but all that came out was a stupid utterance of his name that she thought perhaps sounded like a question.

“Byun Baekhyun?”

He grimaced when she spoke, she noted, and rolled off of her onto the ground beside her. It was then that she took a moment to take in her surroundings, finding herself truly amazed from what was before her; a seemingly endless expanse of green grass, perfectly watered and manicured and almost too perfect to look real. Trees of equal perfection were scattered about, and if she had to pinpoint a word for what she saw, it would’ve definitely been a park of some sort. But, she didn’t know of any parks like this in Seoul - or South Korea at all for that matter. And not one that seemed like it went on for miles and miles. Nor did she ever see the Sun shine so brightly in the sky, yet the air be so cool and refreshing at the same time. There was something ethereal about what surrounded her. 

She had to be dreaming.

“Your conscious has awoken inside of your dream-self.” She heard Baekhyun mutter beside her, but before she could question what his words meant he stood and groaned, running his hands through his hair and tugging at it. “Man, I ed up.”

“I’m sorry… what?”

Baekhyun sighed and turned to look down at her sitting on the ground. “You’re dreaming.”

She blinked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter