| II |

She's Dreaming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

Baekhyun

It was a rule that a Dream Guardian shouldn’t physically manifest themselves within the dreams of their Dreamers. One of the most important rules, in fact. The possibility of breaking other rules became prominent through breaking that particular rule, and therefore it was listed as number one. 

But, Byun Baekhyun had always been somewhat of a rule breaker; even in his mortal days.
 
It had been roughly three years since he had begun watching over Han Myunghee. And, while he took his role of Dream Guardian very seriously and treated each dream like a precious jewel to him. He found that to be even truer when Myunghee came into his life, though she was only his second Dreamer.

Most Guardians had multiple Dreamers to watch over and protect, as most Dreamers had more than one Guardian to take shifts over their dreams. Baekhyun, however, being new to the world, was entrusted with a total of only two in his lifetime, though not at the same time. The former he didn't like to dwell on, and when he got assigned to Myunghee, who already had two Guardians in her rotation, he was instantly captivated by the plethora of colors and scenarios her mind held.

Her imagination was like nothing he had ever seen before. A spark in a dull expanse of nothing, that brought light and brightness to him. It made his almost non-existent heartbeat erratic and crazy, and he could say for certain that he had very well fallen in love with her dreams.

Baekhyun's eyes grazed over her body gently as she closed her own, ready to sleep for the evening. It was once again his shift to guard her dreams, and the prospect always managed to bring a warmth of excitement to him.

Every dream she had brought Baekhyun into a brand new world, like a movie he couldn't get enough of - that he didn’t want to get out of - and it was what he looked forward to the most out of his days. He had even convinced Minseok and Jongdae to allow him to have more nights guarding her dreams, which worked out fine for them since they had other Dreamers to worry about as well.

He would have spent eternity guarding her dreams if he could.

And, if everything went well… he would.

Even so, he couldn’t stop himself from breaking one of the few rules; even if it was technically the most important one. A Guardian was supposed to keep out of the Dreamer’s dreams unless it was absolutely necessary to enter them - which, to simply state would only happen in the case of some other form trying to meddle within the dream. And, all it took was one screw up; the Dreamer catching even a glimpse of their Guardian’s reflection, let alone the real them and the Guardian would be trapped in their dreams forever, left to bask in bitter darkness when they were awake.

But, the risk didn’t scare Baekhyun as much as her dreams made him feel alive.

Her dream on this particular night was a bright one, the sun high in the sky as her dream-self sat down in the middle of a park, a book in her hands as she laid back, strewn across the grassy expanse of the ground. It was a simple dream, mundane to most, but the colors of her dream world dazzled Baekhyun. He stood behind an array of trees as he watched, a content feeling filling him up to his very core. 

Within Myunghee’s dreams, he often wondered if that was what Heaven would feel like if it had actually existed.

Myunghee's dream-self was calm and relaxed as she turned the pages to her book, a story within a story of her own telling. That was one more thing Baekhyun found to be incredibly fascinating. The inception of each dream was so intricate and thought out, yet it came naturally to her. It nearly made him jealous as he thought about if his dreams were ever as beautiful as the ones he experience through her.

With a sigh of complete satisfaction, Baekhyun turned his eyes away from the girl, reminding himself to still do his job as her Guardian for that evening and keep the nightmares away. He had to make sure her dream remained as calm and as serene as it was at that moment. Luckily enough, quite a while passed without incident, the scene of her imagination changing a few times; once to a library and another to a lonesome beach she had entirely to herself to read. But ultim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter