Untouchable

Hard to love

Irene was spacing out in her class. She rarely spends her times with Wendy now. She tried to avoid Wendy by hanging out more with the guy who confessed to her last 2 weeks.

Irene tried, she tried so hard to like the guy back and to forget what she feel for Wendy.

It was hard for her to do that because honestly, Wendy has never left her mind at all. She couldn’t stop missing Wendy. She really wants to just run to Wendy and hug her tight.

The news about her with the guy was spreading wildly in the University and people already thought that they were dating but Irene hasn’t given her answer yet. She just agreed to give him a chance to try to court her.

“For someone who has been courted by the girls’ dream guy, you should have that smile on your face and feel proud instead of being so blue like this.”

Irene turned her head only to see Seulgi standing in front of her desk.

“You?”

“Hi. I realized I never really introduce myself properly to you. I am Kang Seulgi, Wendy’s friend.”

“Oh. I know.”

Seulgi raised her eyebrows and shrugged afterwards.

“What brings you here?” Irene asked.

“Right. I actually don’t really want to be here but I am so done already hearing Wendy kept whining of how she misses you badly.” Seulgi answered.

Irene blushed hearing what Seulgi said but she maintained her poker face. Seulgi rolled her eyes as she could see that Irene was trying to hide her blushing face.

“Why did you avoid Wendy?”

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I asked, why did you avoid Wendy?”

“I didn’t.”

“You did.”

“No.”

“Fine. Then where were you? Why you never go hang out with her anymore?”

“I just- I don’t have much free time. I have to study and also have a date with-“

“With someone you don’t even look at. Uh huh.”

“W-What?”

“Wendy might be a smart student and excellent than me but when it comes to this thing called love, I am smarter than her. First, you avoid her by spending more time with a guy you don’t even have feelings for. Second, you are hurting yourself by leaving Wendy alone when in fact all you want to be is at a place where Wendy at.”

“…”

“Ok fine. Let’s forget about you now then. How about Wendy, Irene?”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re being selfish now, don’t you know? She needs you.”

“What?”

Seulgi sighed and looked at Irene seriously.

“For once, I beg you. Irene, please. Stop avoiding Wendy. Don’t make her think that you hate her.”

“What?! Did she think like that???”

“Well, apparently, yes.”

“Oh my god.”

“So please, talk to her again. That’s all I’m asking for. I want my cheerful friend back, bring her back to me Irene.” Seulgi said sincerely and smiled before she left Irene there thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Untouchable like a distant diamond sky,

I’m reaching out and I just can’t tell you why,

I’m caught up in you, I’m caught up in you.

 

 

Wendy smiled bitterly and looked up at the night sky which was filled with beautfiful sparkling stars.

“Irene is a distant diamond sky to me then. I can’t have her but I can’t help myself to still hoping that I can have her. How would it feel to have her as mine? Must be nice.” Wendy talked to herself.

 

Untouchable, burning brighter than the sun,

And when you’re close, I feel like coming undone.

 

In the middle of the night when I’m in this dream,

It’s like a million little stars spelling out your name,

You got to come on come on, say that we’ll be together,

Come on come on, little taste of heaven.

 

It’s half full and I won’t wait here all day,

I know you’re saying that you’d be here anyway.

 

Wendy closed her eyes and smiled feeling the wind blows through the night.

"Wendy?"

Wendy got startled and quickly turned around. Her eyes widened when she saw Irene was there standing inside her living room.

"What are you doing outside on the balcony?" Irene asked and approached Wendy there.

Wendy still staring blankly at Irene and didn't even blink her eyes.

"When? How..."

"I knocked few times and even keep ringing your bell. I was afraid if something happens to you so I used your spare keys that you hide under the door mat." Irene explained.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I can't hear you." Wendy grinned nervously and scratched her chin.

"That's fine but what are you doing here outside?" Irene asked and moved to stand beside Wendy.

"I'm bored. So just want to look up to the sky while listening to some songs." Wendy answered.

"Oh." Irene nodded.

 

 

In the middle of the night, we can form this dream,

I want to feel you by my side, standing next to me,

You got to come on come on, say that we’ll be together,

Come on come on, little taste of heaven.

 

 

"You're listening to this song." Irene mumbled.

"Yeah. It's a good song." Wendy smiled.

"Like... the lyrics are nice too." Wendy added.

"Tell me about it." Irene said.

"The song?"

"Yes."

"Well I'll try to explain it to you using my point of view."

"Sure."

"Say, I like someone. I like her so much but I can't have her. Nonetheless, for some reason I don't want to stop dreaming about her and still hoping for her. I can't stop thinking about her, I think of her a lot that I forget about everything else."

"..."

"This person, she is glowing brightly in my eyes. I don't know whether it's her personality or her looks or whatever that is but she shines so bright. Just like a diamond sky or the sun which are so untouchable."

"..."

"Then, when I'm around her, all I wanna do is just to hold her close. I want to hug her and kiss her, also to love her with all my heart. Despite of everything that I feel for her, I don't easily show all my emotions when she's near even though I really want to let loose and show her how I truly feel for her."

"..."

"I see her in everything that even a million little stars spelling out her name to remind me of her, always. Like, even if I am lost somehow everything will just leading me back to her. She is my dream girl, someone who I believe should belong to me and is perfect for me."

"..."

"Time is running out and I don't know if I should wait forever for her but I would want to have faith and have patience until time will take me and her to end up together someday. I can only hope that the wait will be worth it though. Like I hope that one day, she will be by my side as mine and feels the same way as I do."

Wendy cleared before she faced Irene and gave a small smile.

"That song describes how I feel perfectly." Wendy said.

"Huh?" Irene was flabbergasted.

"You heard me, Irene." Wendy chuckled.

"Do you... like someone?" Irene asked carefully.

"Yes."

"W-Who?" 

Wendy looked deeply into her eyes when Irene looked at her back. Both hearts were pounding so fast.

"You." Wendy whispered very lowly, trying to control the hard beats of her fragile heart and Irene, oh she heard it clearly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

It's like million little stars spelling out your name~

 

Hahaha. I was listening to Untouchable by Taylor Swift while writing this one.

So, I decided to continue this story because you guys was requesting :p but then, I'm not sure if I want to make it longer because I'm thinking of making it as just 3 shots. 

And oh! Wendy finally confessed! XD

 

 

See you guys on next chap, lovelies! Have a good day/night, everyone ^^

 

 

With love,

Liz,

iamrandom21 :D