Unreachable

Hard to love

Wendy's POV

 

 

She came to my life, bringing me out to come back alive from my sad lonely life. I told her about everyone that left me and that I’m lonely. She accepted me with open arms and I felt this warmth that flowing through my chest.

She made me happy. She became the reason why I want to continue with this long journey of life. She became the light in my darkness. The whole world suddenly stopped for a moment that I forget about everything but her.

She would hold me close when I feel cold. She would remind me that everything will be alright. She took away all my sadness and replaced it with happiness. She made me believe that true happiness did exist. She made me believe that things would be better someday.

In a split of second, she became my everything.

“Hi Wendy!”

There she was. The love of my life.

My heart was cheering for her arrival. My mind kept thinking of how could one be this beautiful. She was just so perfect in my eyes. Everything about her was so mesmerizing.

“Wendy.”

I cleared my throat and smiled at her as she reached me.

“Hi, Irene. Come here, sit.” I took my bag from the seat next to me for her to sit. We were at the library now to do our assignments.

We went to the same University but we’re not in the same class as we both took different courses.

“Were you here for long already?” Irene asked me.

I looked at her and suddenly I was lost in her eyes again, just like always.

“Wendy?”

I blinked my eyes and frowned a little. Please don’t tell me it happened again. I could hear Irene chuckled and she patted my arm twice.

“What were you thinking of?” She asked.

 “You.” I mumbled lowly but I knew she heard me. She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear shyly.

“Your brain will get annoyed soon, because you made it think of me all the time.” Irene said.

Oh my brain wouldn’t mind, it was made to think of you. Irene, I can never stop thinking about you.

“My brain is just fine. Don’t worry about it.” I replied and winked.

“Fine. Let’s start working on our assignment now.”

“Ok.”

A smile on my face couldn’t fade away. I can’t help it. I feel happy that she’s here with me.

I thought it was just a simple crush. It was just a temporary admiration or something. However, as time goes by, the feelings getting strong. What I feel for her was not just a crush or admiration. I feel more than that. I feel love, deep love. I know. I know it myself. I am falling for her from the start. I fall for her, hard.

She’s all I see whenever I closed my eyes. She’s all I see wherever I go. She’s all I see whenever I think of how my future life would be. She’s all I see in my dreams.

Everything is just about her and her only.

“Wendy.”

“Hm?”

“I might melt if you keep staring like that.”

She said that without looking at me because she was busy reading the paper.

“You might? Or you already melt?” I asked which caused her to stop doing whatever she was doing.

Irene turned her head and squinted at me.

“What?” I asked again.

“Where did the confidence coming from, Wendy?” She asked.

“Well. Maybe because I know that I am irresistible.” I answered coolly.

“Oh really?”

“Really.”

“How irresistible are you? Tell me.”

“I am so irresistible that you wouldn’t mind to date me.” I said while wiggling my eyebrows at her.

Irene leaned in and tapped my forehead using her pen gently.

“Will you be able to take care of me, Dear Wendy?” She asked.

“I’m sure I will be the best at it.” I smirked.

“Besides, I’ve been taking care of you really well for all this time.” I added.

Irene chuckled and tapped my nose now using the pen again.

“Will you give me your heart then?” She asked and grinned at me.

“Oh, Irene. My heart is all yours.” I winked at her.

“All mine? For sure?” She asked.

“More than sure.” I replied.

Irene raised her eyebrows and looked at me in amusement. I smiled and leaned in.

“Do you know what I like about you?” I asked her.

“I don’t know. You tell me.” She whispered.

“Everything. Your perfections, your flaws. All of you.” I answered. She shook her head while chuckling before she looked back at me.

“Hey Wendy.”

“Yes?”

“Stop making my heart flutter. I might fall for you.”

“Fall for me, I’ll catch you.”

“Will you?”

“No doubt, I will.”

“Too much sweetness, Wendy. Please spare me.” She finally laughed and focused back on her assignment.

Oh, love. I wouldn’t mind saying all the sweet things to you if it’ll make you smile. I will do anything to keep that smile on your face.

Sigh. How am I supposed to do with this feeling I feel for you, Irene?

“Irene! Hey. I’m looking for you.”

I looked at Irene’s classmate who just suddenly came out of nowhere.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Do you remember the guy who asked for your number?”

“I do. What about him?”

“Well, he came to me and asked about you. He really likes you, Irene. He even told everyone that you’re the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.”

I glanced at Irene and saw her blushing cheeks. Ouch, I could feel my heart was squeezing that it almost crush into pieces.

“He wanted to meet you.”

“What? Why? When?”

“What do you mean why? He is interested in you! Oh. It’s actually now, come on!”

I frowned when she already grabbed Irene’s wrist.

“Wait. My things-“

“Wendy please look after her stuffs. We won’t be long. Thanks!”

“Sorry Wendy, I’ll be back!”

I kept looking at her that has been dragged by her friend until she exited the library.

I laughed bitterly and leaned my back against the chair.

Right. I almost forgot that Irene is that popular girl who attracts all attention. Who am I again to stand beside her? No one. I’m just Wendy, who has been secretly in love with a certain Bae.

I looked at her seat. You’re always here, close to me. However, you are near yet so far for me to reach.

I think I won’t ever have anyone like you. I hope I can be with you and that you will feel the same but I know it’s impossible. I’m willing to let go of this feelings. If someone else can make you happy and smile, then I will try to erase you from my heart. Even thought my heart aches by doing that, I will still do it so I can let you go.

But I know, the more I try to erase you the more I will miss you. The more I try to move on the more I will fall for you. 

Why does love have to be this painful? 

“You’re breaking your own heart you know.”

I glanced up and saw one of my classmates, Seulgi. She is my close friend.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I saw the scene outside Irene’s class and I figured that you might need someone right now.”

I looked down thinking of Irene accepting a confession from someone else.

“Are you even sure that she don’t like you the same way?”

“I’m sure, Seulgi. She always thinks that I’m playing around when I said those love words to her.”

“She can’t just think that you mean it for real, Wendy. You need to make it clear to her.”

I sighed and dropped my head on the table.

Seulgi went to move and sat at Irene’s seat before. She rubbed my back and smiled at me.

“It’s ok if it’s too much for you, but please know that I’m here for you.” She said then patted my cheek. I smiled and thanked her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While all of that happened, unknown to Wendy and Seulgi, A pair of eyes has been watching them.

Irene was there from minutes ago.

 

 

 

 

Irene’s POV


 

Seulgi, she is the famous and talented member in the dance club. She’s always there with Wendy. I saw her everywhere with Wendy. I envied her for being Wendy’s classmate. I hope I can spend lots of time with Wendy just like her.

Every time I see Wendy with her, my heart aches.

Yes, I love Wendy. I love Wendy from the moment I first saw her. The reason for me to approach her in the first place was because of that, because I love her.

I thought I can do something about my feelings, but whenever I wanted to confess, I suddenly feel scared.

I told to myself, it was enough that I’m able to get close to her. It was enough for me that I get to see her smile at me. It was enough that I can still experience her sweet gesture and hear some loving words coming out from her sweet mouth.

I thought… it was enough to love her silently. 

“Hey. Why did you run away?”

I looked at the guy who almost confessed to me earlier. 

“I’m not done yet.” He said nervously.

I glanced at Wendy, now I saw her laughing happily with Seulgi.

Wendy, is she the one that you love? Are you happy with her? 

“Would you give me a chance?” The guy asked.

I closed my eyes. Maybe, I’m not meant for you. Maybe, it’s time to move on from you. This unrequited love will just hurting me. I know that you don't even love me from the beginning but why does my heart hurt so much?

It's completely unfair that I have to live with a hurting heart but Wendy, you are a warm hearted person. How can I not fall for you? I wish, I wish that maybe we can be together in another life with you feeling the same love like I do for you.

I sighed and turned to the guy. He looked sincere and he is kind too. I wil give him a chance because this is the only way for me to stop myself from loving you more Wendy. Well, I hope I can stop even though for some reasons, I just don't want to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

I was frowning while writing this fic. Tsk. Both love each other but didn't confess. What is this.

But ah, love is just so complicated sometimes. lmao.

What I want to say more? Hm. I think that's all.

But oh! TAKE CARE EVERYONE! Have a good time, wherever you are ^^ 

 

 

Love love,

Liz,

Ex corn lover (Just kidding, I still love corn huhu TT)

Mrs. Jollibee (Bc I'm taken by Mr. Jollibee the greatest statue in the world. HAHAHA XD)

iamrandom21 :p

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...