(Final)

Hard to love

"You."

 

Never did she ever thought that one word would be able to make her this speechless. Just that one word from Wendy made her frozen on spot.

The world suddenly became so quiet.

Irene gulped and blinked her eyes many times before she slowly lifted up her head to look into Wendy's eyes. A sincerity and love, that's what she found in Wendy's eyes but most importantly is that she can see herself in Wendy's eyes.

All that Irene could hear at the moment was only the sound of how fast her heart was beating that it pounded too hard on her chest.

"I... I uhh, I couldn't hear you properly." Irene stuttered.

Wendy took a deep breathe before she let it out and took few more steps toward Irene. Wendy gave a small smile and reached out her right hand to caress Irene's left cheek.

"I said..." Wendy mumbled. 

Wendy moved closer until her nose just rubbed slightly against Irene's nose. 

"You." Wendy whispered.

"..."

"I like you."

"..."

"I like you so damn much."

"..."

"I really like..." Wendy paused as she sighed softly.

"..."

"I love you, Irene. I sincerely love you." Wendy finally confessed properly with her most softest voice ever.

Wendy took Irene's hand and put it on her chest near her heart.

"Everyday, this heart keeps beating for you. Everyday, this heart keeps longing for you. Everyday, this heart keeps calling for you. Everyday Irene, everyday, this heart makes my love grow bigger only for you." Wendy said. 

"..."

"Your name is a tattoo that can never fade away in my heart." Wendy added. 

Irene's eyes got teary and she couldn't find any words to say back to Wendy. She was just feeling so overwhelmed with what was happening right now. Wendy confessing her love to her was really unexpected and had never ever crossed her mind once.

Wendy tried to pull away and stepped back when she heard nothing from Irene but Irene quickly grabbed Wendy's shirt around her waist to stop Wendy from pulling away.

Wendy raised her eyebrows and looked at Irene with questioning eyes.

"I thought..." Irene whispered.

Wendy just continued keeping quiet, waiting for Irene to continue her words.

"I thought you didn't feel the same way from the beginning." Irene finally said it.

"Huh?" Wendy frowned.

Irene stared deeply into Wendy's eyes.

"The feelings, mine and yours, are mutual." Irene said.

Wendy suddenly couldn't move at all. She stand still, stared at Irene and not blinking at all.

"I fall for you from the first time I saw you. I've been loving you day by day since then, Wendy." Irene confessed.

"But you never know." Irene mumbled. 

Irene stepped closer to Wendy before she put both palms on Wendy's cheeks. Irene smiled and closed her eyes, then she planted a soft and short kiss on Wendy's lips. 

"I love you too, Wendy. I sincerely love you too." Irene said after she pulled away. 

"My heart just pumping so hard." Wendy muttered.

Irene chuckled and nodded her head.

"Mine too." Irene said.

Wendy smiled and stared at Irene lovingly.

"So, you love me too." Wendy said.

"I do." Irene replied.

"You do..." Wendy mumbled to herself but Irene could hear her.

"Yes. I really do." Irene replied again. 

"But the guy-"

"I don't." Irene cut Wendy off.

"Huh?"

"I don't even like the guy, Wendy." Irene made it clear. 

"No?"

"Nope."

"But me?"

"Yes. You. It's you that I really want."

Wendy's heart cheering loudly and she couldn't help but smiled widely, feeling definitely happy.

"I'm sorry for failing to realize your feeling for me." Wendy apologized.

"I'm sorry too because... same." 

Both of them laughed together. 

"You just kissed me earlier." Wendy suddenly mentioned about the kiss.

Irene cleared and a blush on her cheeks could be seen. Wendy found it very adorable so she kissed Irene's right cheek which causing Irene to gasp softly.

"You saying I love you is making my heart drop just to jump even higher. But you kissing me is making my stomach doing the backflip." Wendy said. 

"Yeah?" 

"Mhm. All the animals are partying too in my stomach, not only the butterflies." Wendy winked.

"Oh my god." Irene giggled and shook her head. 

"That's how much I feel for you, Irene." 

"That's so good to know."

Wendy smiled back at Irene who never stop smiling at her.

"Do you know what's good to know right now?" Wendy asked.

"Hm? What is it?"

"If you would want to be my girlfriend officially? So, would you?"

"Obviously, I would love that."

"Yes?"

"Yes."

Wendy grinned and immediately pulled Irene into a tight hug which Irene of course hugged her back in return.

"Oh god. Finally. You are that unreachable and so untouchable but now I got you, now you are mine." Wendy said happily.

"I'm yours indeed. So are you, you are mine too now." Irene replied. 

Wendy was Irene's hair gently after pulling away from the hug.

"Thank you." Wendy smiled.

"No, thank you. Thank you for confessing. If not, I wouldn't be able to tell you at all." Irene said.

"Then I am super glad that I did confess to you and making you finally mine. No more dreaming, it's a reality for me now and it's all much more better." Wendy replied.

"Yes Wendy."

"I promise you my heart, Irene. My heart will forever be yours. It's hard to love but, it is not a problem at all to me if it's loving you. Because loving you is so easy. I can do that all my life."

"And I promise you my heart as well. My heart will be yours, always. Love me and I'll return back the same love to you, Wendy."

"I got you, baby."

Irene chuckled seeing Wendy winking again.

"Alright, my love." Irene smiled happily.

Wendy kissed Irene's forehead gently and then she hugged Irene again.

"I finally feel this certain feeling." Wendy whispered.

"Mm? How do you feel right now?" Irene asked.

"Content." Wendy answered sincerely. 

 

 

At last, both hearts are at ease now. Both Wendy and Irene finally found each other back and be together. The love is strong and so are they. Together, they promised to endure everything and stay with each other with their love for one another. 

Hard to love. But when the right love has entered the heart, the heart will be able to love easily. 

 

 

 

 

 

The end :)

 

 


 

 

Yaaaaassssss. I finally put an end to this story. Hehehe.

 

Been so long huh? But im hereeeeee.

hi there everyone, there you go ^^ a happy ending for Wenrene. Lots of love for Wendy and Irene, and ofcourse to all you lovely readers :D

 

 

Have a good day/nightttttt! ^^

 

 

Truly,

Liz.