From Zero

The X Code

From Zero

During the performance of Kihyun and Jooheon Hoseok sits down and grabs a bottle of water from the table. He gulps down half of the bottle in one go as he feels thirsty after half of their performance.
“Are you sure From Zero is a good plan? We can just skip it you know? The fans will understand” Hyungwon says sitting next to Hoseok on the table. His upper leg touching the shoulder of Hoseok. All he does is nod and he gets up, takes off his shirt and breathes out.
The cold air is nice on his burning body. He stands there in front of the mirror and sees his body moving slowly up and down with his breath.
Hyungwon repeats his move and takes his shirt of quickly too as he hears Jooheon and Kihyun are halfway the song already.
He grabs their shining jacket and puts his one on. With the other jacket he walks towards Hoseok and stands behind him. He looks at the older’s face through the mirror. The hollow look in his eyes reveal Hoseok isn’t feeling good at all. He is keeping himself strong to perform. Hoseok slides his arms through the sleeves of the jacket and for a few seconds the fabric feels nice on his skin, before it turns into heat again.

 

Hoseok quickly takes another sip of water and he stands next to Hyungwon backstage, ready to hit the stage. Their song, together, one more time. One more time ‘From Zero’.
Hyungwon grabs the hand of Hoseok next to him. “Goodluck, hyung” he says and Hoseok gives him a confident look. “Hyungwonho 100%” he says and Hyungwon returns it with a smile.
Kihyun and Jooheon walk off the stage. Hoseok sees the worried look in Kihyun’s eyes, but ignores his group mates gaze and walks on the stage.
The loud scream of the audience makes him nervous, but also gives him a rising energy. The heat of his sickness is filled with the heat of excitement.
As soon as the first notes of their song starts Hoseok forgets everything.

‘You are Wonho’ he thinks to himself. He found out this encourages him a bit more feeling so sick.’Monsta X Wonho’.

 

He turns around and the audience gives a loud scream as they are welcomed by the trained body of Wonho. Hyungwon softly smirks as he gives Hoseok a wink.
They are in perfect sync again, just like last night. This time Hoseok peeking a little more at Hyungwon, checking if his tired body is still in sync with Hyungwon.
This stage has no turning platform and Hoseok stands next to Hyungwon. He faces the younger as the song finishes and a satisfied smile appears on both of their faces, welcomed by a very loud scream of all the fans in the audience. Hoseok feels so extremely happy he finished this performance that he feels the tears in his eyes. His breathing heavily and long as he tries to hold back the tears.
Quickly they walk off the stage. Hoseok sits down on the same chair again trying to catch his breath as he knows he has to perform a ballad song is a few seconds. He closes his eyes and feels a hand on his shoulder.
“Good job” Kihyun says as he helps Hoseok out of the jacket.
He throws their tour shirt at him and Hoseok quickly puts it on. The cotton fabric feels way nicer than the hot jacket from before.
They enter the stage as seven again and the first notes of ‘in time’ hit the stage as they stand, leaving the fans in total silence. The song is soft and Hoseok stands next to Minhyuk and Hyungwon. He smiles at a fan in first row as she is taking a picture and holding a banner with Wonho on it.
She is waving happily at him and he quickly waves at her.
The song passes by rather quick and they enter into another more slow song. Hoseok can’t help but feel his body getting more tired as he stands. He knows he needs to dance more. After this ballad two more songs. Just two more songs before this tour and this last concert is over.
Two more songs ‘Shine forever’ and ‘Newton’. They decided to end the tour with Newton since it’s a happy and positive song. Those two songs, favorite of almost all members is ready to be played as Hoseok is barely able to stand. He feels his head dizzy and black dots appear in his view, gladly Minhyuk noticed the sudden bad feeling. He grabs the arm of Hoseok and his other hand is turned around the neck of the sudden unwell member. Hoseok gives Minhyuk a thankful smile as he grabs the waist of Minhyuk, trying to keep himself standing.
They decided to throw confetti and hand signed balls to fans in the audience during ‘ Shine forever’.
Minhyuk offered Hoseok to jump on his back and he will throw the confetti at their fans. Hoseok understood it was to make him not collapse and happily he jumps on Minhyuk’s back, making their fans scream their lungs out. “They probably ship us now” Minhyuk whispers and Hoseok laughs. “Probably” he says as Minhyuk keeps walking. As they pass Kihyun he pats Hoseok on his , letting him know he is glad Minhyuk is helping him.
The song passes as he moves around on Minhyuk’s back. As soon as the song finishes he pats Minhyuk’s arm letting him know it is ok to move him down again.
 

Their last song ‘Newton’  is one of Hoseok's’ favorites. It’s about the stars and he absolutely loves it. The melody of their song always cheers him up somehow.
The happy melody started and they skipped the official dance for it. All Hoseok does is jumping up and down happily, as he walks to the edge of the stage and sits down.
He is waving his hands from left to the right and smiles at the fans in front of him, whom happily took out their phones and started taking pictures. Without notice Hyungwon sits down next to Hoseok with Changkyun on his other side. Hyungwon puts his arms around both Hoseok and Changkyun’s neck and the three of them smile at a photo right before Hyungwon’s part comes on. He jumps up and runs over the stage. Hoseok looks at him and smiles. He also gets up and moves around the stage happily. The last 30 seconds of their concert. The last time for a little while they have to perform.

 

Right after the song is finished all of them stand in line and hold hands. Hyungwon tightly grabs the hand of Hoseok and squeezes it, letting him know he did well. Hoseok feels the tears in his eyes and tries hard to keep them inside, but he miserably fails as he hears the loud scream of fans. No matter how many times they bow down the screaming of the fans isn’t getting softer.
“Thank you so much for coming to this show! We all love our Monbebe a lot!” Minhyuk screams in his microphone. “We are so glad this final performance was so much fun!” he continues.
Shownu lifts the microphone and Minhyuk nods at him. Shownu breaths in and starts talking: “We faced many hardships during this trip of performances. Some of us got injured, some felt sick, but we wanted to give it our all. We performed even when it was painful, because Monbebe always made us realize how special our fans are! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for coming to this tour!” Shownu says and all of them bow down.
Hoseok gave up on holding back the tears. He feels them running down his cheeks, and as a loud “awh” fills the audience a lot of the fans must have seen his tears.
He bows one more time to show a thank you to his fans and makes little hearts with his fingers.
One by one the members walk off the stage.
When Hoseok gets backstage he sees all other members happily hugging each other. He walks closer towards Changkyun standing the closets. The music in the audience is turned louder and the fans know the concert is over.
Hoseok walks over to the chair he sat on before since he feels tired suddenly. He sits, too exhausted to hug him fellow members. He doesn’t want to hug them, doesn’t want to be touched and just sit.
“Hoseok!” he hears their manager. Hoseok gets up and walks closer.

 

His manager gives him a towel and walks towards the other members. Hoseok stands there, feeling dizzy. His body shaking again and he pats his forehead and neck with the towel trying to remove the heat.
He sees black spots and he tries to catch his breathing. His whole body shaking, worse than in the car before. ‘You did a great job, Wonho’ he thinks to himself. ‘You endured it’ as he feels his throat dry.
“Hoseok” he hears one of the members saying, but he isn’t sure who it is. He hears a soft beep in his ears, his heartbeat echoing in his head on a fast pace, his throat dry and his breath high in his chest.
He feels himself falling and crashes loud on the floor, the towel next to him and the bottle he was holding rolls away from his hand. He wants to scream, wants to ask help, but he is so tired his body isn’t able to make a sound. He sees the worried face of the members above him. “Hoseok!?” Minhyuk screams, but Kihyun commands him to be silent.
He feels two arms lifting his a little and figures he rests on the lap of Changkyun as he sees the face of his maknae above him. A cold towel is place in his neck and another one on his forehead.
“Can you lift him?” Kihyun asks and by the answer of Shownu he knows whom he asked to. Shownu sits down and Kihyun and Changkyun help Hoseok on his back. Hoseok tightly holds his wrists around Shownu’s neck, trying to hold on with his strength.
Shownu gets up and walks towards the exit.
“Manager, we are leaving now” he says and their manager nods, grabbing the bag of Hoseok.

 

Because Hoseok felt unwell the members leave sooner than expected and not many fans gathered at the backside of the building. Shownu tries to move a quickly as possible to the van, but because the entrance was small the is parked a little away. “Are you sure I don’t need to walk?” Hoseok asks his leader, but the only one just laughs. “How can you walk like that?!” Kihyun says worried as he apparently heard it. “You stay like this, fans will understand, and if they don’t….” Kihyun says not finishing his sentence.
“Then it’s simply their fault” says a straight forward Changkyun.
The fans are silent as Hoseok passes him on Shownu’s back. None of them is saying a word, no photos are being taken as if they know something is wrong. Silently Hoseok counts the fans and finds out there are eleven of them.
“Shownu, put me down” he says and Shownu understands that the sick member wants to greet his fans. Carefully not to make him too dizzy Shownu bends his knees till the feet of Hoseok touch the floor. The sick boy takes a few steps before he feels the dizziness hit again, but Hyungwon grabs his hand.
Slowly he walks towards the fans, whom are still staying silently. A girl has tears in her eyes and her lower lip is shaking as Hoseok took her a focussing point to keep walking in a straight line.
“I just have a little fever,  that’s all” he whispers to the fans, but they all hear him. “I wanted to perform so it’s my own fault” he says.
“Wonho, take care of yourself, please!” one of them says and all of them agree.
After a few minutes Hoseok feels himself getting dizzy, so dizzy even the strong grip of Hyungwon on his arms can’t keep him standing.
“Let’s go” he whispers to Hyungwon and the younger one understands Hoseok can no longer pretend to be fine.
“Take care!” the fans scream together before there are others getting closer.
Hyungwon moves down so Hoseok can climb on his back and Hyungwon grabs the legs of Hoseok tightly in his arms as he feels the sick member starting to lose consciousness again.

He rushes over to the car to not worry the fans. Hoseok his breathing is so soft Hyungwon can feel himself getting more and more worried. He stands behind the van as he asked Kihyun and Shownu to lift Hoseok off his back. Together they put Hoseok in the van and run back to the door of the stage to grab their bags.

Waving to the fans they drive off, Hoseok still unconscious in this van, but his skin burning from fever.

-------------------------------------------------