Story 1.4

Don't Just Kiss Me, Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IV.

 

The first thing that greeted Jungwoo the moment he opened his locker weren't his books rather a small bouquet of yellow daffodils. It suddenly made him smile as he reached for the fresh flowers and took a sniff of it. It made him feel the breeze of spring.

 

"Do you like it?"

 

A deep husky voice startled him and when Jungwoo turned around he saw Lucas.

 

"How did you put this inside?" Jungwoo couldn't help to ask.

 

"Don't ask me back and don't bother to know how I was able to put it inside", Lucas said and Jungwoo chuckled. The latter seemed annoyed.

 

"I'm just curious."

 

Lucas cleared his throat before asking him again, "So uhm do you like it?"

 

"Hmm-mm", Jungwoo just hummed as an answer. "They smelled nice. My nose couldn't stop from sniffing them." They both chuckled. "Uhm Lucas?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Why are you giving me flowers today? It's not my birthday. Not even Valentines."

 

Lucas just pursed his lips while looking like he was thinking of the right words to say to Jungwoo. While Jungwoo just patiently waits for his answer. But he could no longer hold his tongue. He was thinking that Lucas was unto something.

 

"Perhaps you're courting me?" He asked and that was the time where Lucas' eyes widened on his question. 

 

They just stared at each other for a couple of seconds. Jungwoo won't tell that Lucas was being obvious. He couldn't forget how jealous the latter was back when Jungwoo was still acting like buying flowers for the girl he likes- one of his ways to court a girl. He saw how annoyed Lucas was and he would never forget the face the latter was making that time. Lucas looked funny with those wrinkles showing up on his forehead every time Jungwoo talked about his 'girl'.

 

"Well, uh yeah?" Lucas finally spoke.

 

"Yeah?"

 

Lucas cleared his throat before speaking again. "I mean, I like you and you like me and it's so informal. I guess, maybe I should start courting you."

 

Leaning his back on the locker, Jungwoo couldn't help to stiffle a laugh. Lucas looks so cute. 

 

"I thought you prefer courting through text because as what you said before it's the new trend today."

 

"Well...", Lucas shrugged. "I want some old school."

 

"You're funny, Lucas", Jungwoo lightly threw a small punch on Lucas' shoulder. "Even if you don't court me still our relationship will go as the way it was."

 

"But it's better this way. I'll court you and will humbly ask for your heart. It's better to ask than to expect nothing", he said. "It would b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter