Story 1.3

Don't Just Kiss Me, Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III.

 

"Jungwoo?" 

 

The creaking sound of the opening door only made Jungwoo to bury his crying face on his pillow. He didn't want anyone to see him crying.

 

"Jungwoo? Are you crying?"

 

"No"

 

"Jungwoo"

 

"Go away, Doyoung-hyung."

 

But his cousin didn't listen to him. Instead, he shut the door and went to grab the pillow Jungwoo was covering on his face. He heard him clicking his tongue and even if he was covering his face with his hand, Jungwoo could feel him shaking his head.

 

"It's him, right?"

 

Jungwoo didn't answer instead he sat up and wiped his tears with the back of his hand. He stayed still for a second but later on another batch of tears came to blurry his eyes. 

 

"It's hurts", he uttered before sniffing. "I-I shouldn't have done it." 

 

Doyoung, his cousin who was living with him, sat down beside him. 

 

"No one told you to do it", he uttered before pushing back his glasses. "Remember what Yuta said, if you don't want to regret then you shouldn't do it and should accept the consequences. You chose not to regret, so why are you crying?"

 

Jungwoo subtly wiped the tears that rolled down his cheeks before replying to Doyoung. "All I wanted was to prove- to prove that what I feel for him was just an attraction. I-I didn't intend to make him fall for me."

 

"Maybe it's because of the kiss", Doyoung uttered which made for Jungwoo to look at him. "I mean, you've been told by Yuta to let Lucas teach you how to kiss." 

 

Jungwoo could only blink while trying to understand Doyoung's point. Speaking of Yuta, this Japanese boy was the one who told him the ways on how to forget his feelings for his bestfriend. Yuta told him to take a test that would help him. But Jungwoo doubted if that 'test' Yuta was talking about did help him but rather it looked like it just worsen the situation. 

 

The test was to kiss the guy he liked. And for Jungwoo to do that he made an alibi about having a crush on a girl and he needed to be a good kisser for the girl to like him back. Well, it sure worked since Lucas willingly taught him and innocently believed him. He took the test to prove to himself that what he felt for Lucas was just pure admiration. 

 

But what he did was wrong. It only made him fell even more for his bestfriend.

 

"If you feel nothing upon kissing him, that means he's only a bestfriend to you. But if you feel something like happiness- happiness in your heart, that means you're in love with him."

 

The first time their lips sealed Jungwoo no longer think about the 'test' rather he felt like doing it again and again. The kiss they've shared felt surreal and magical like it always made Jungwoo to feel like he was in cloud nine. He totally got fallen in love with his bestfriend the longer they do it. 

 

But during those times, Jungwoo never thought about Lucas' feelings for him. All he thought was that Lucas was only doing it to help him. He knew his bestfriend so well. Lucas had so many girlfriends before and Jungwoo never thought his bestfriend would be attracted also to a guy.

 

"He's into girls", Jungwoo murmured while subtly scratching the back of his head. "He will never be attracted to guys nor fell in love. Lucas is manly. He can't be-"

 

"He can't be what?" Doyoung cut him off. "He can't be attracted to his same gender?" He scoffed. "That is so stupid. Love knows no gender. It doesn't even matter on numbers how much more in gender?!"

 

Jungwoo only stared at his cousin. He could see how Doyoung was rolling his eyes on him. He probably looked like a mess right now. He sighed before lying back on his bed. How he wished he could lie on his own grave right now and people would forget about him especially his bestfriend. He felt so embarrassed.

 

"You should talk to him and apologize", Doyoung uttered while crossing his arms on his chest. He then reached for a pillow to smack it on Jungwoo's annoying sad face. "Pull yourself up, Kim Jungwoo. You need to face your own mistake and make it right."

 

"I don't have a face anymore to show on him", Jungwoo groaned. "Hyung, it was so embarrassing." Doyoung only rolled his eyes on him before he heard his mother calling him downstairs.

 

---

 

"Please bring this box of cookies I made to your Aunt Noodie. She said, Lucas had been craving for this. I bet that kid would be happy that I made him one and oh please do tell her that this is free. I'm not selling this to her", his mother said before she went to work.

 

Jungwoo felt like he was being played. He had no plans on going out of his room today nor do something like doing his assignments. All he wanted to do was to lie in his bed since he wasn't feeling well. More like he was still depressed over what he did the other day.

 

Worst, he was going to meet the person he had been wishing to avoid. If it wasn't for his mother he wouldn't do it. He wouldn't be standing at the Wong's fromt door steps carrying a box of freshly baked cookies. He would rather ask his cousin, Doyoung to do it for him but he had no choice. It wasn't his fault he had a soft spot for his mother. 

 

He carefully knocked on the door while silently praying that it would not be Lucas who would be opening. But seemed like nobody heard his prayer. He almost dropped the box of cookies when the door was swung open revealing a nerdy Lucas.

 

"Uh hi", Jungwoo uttered. He couldn't even swallow properly. Lucas was looking at him intently while waiting for him to continue and what made him feel more weak was the look Lucas was pulling off. The latter was wearing specs and 3/4 plaids with inner white shirt. Plus, his hair was a bit messy giving him that hot messy look. But what caught Jungwoo's attention was the dark cirles underneath the latter's eyes and his eyes speaks sadness. "M-My mother made this and she asked me to give it to you and to your mother." He was obviously stuttering and couldn't even make a proper eye contact. He slowly handed the box to the silent Lucas. 

 

Lucas took the box from him. There was a sudden feeling Jungwoo couldn't explain the moment their hands came in contact. It was just like a feathery touch but there was something in Jungwoo's hesrt that he couldn't explain. 

 

"Thank you", Lucas said faintly and before he could close the door someone called from inside.

 

"Is that Jungwoo?" 

 

It was Lucas' mom. The latter only nodded on her before he opened the door widely. There Jungwoo saw Lucas' pretty mother. 

 

"Jungwoo-ah!" She called before she enveloped Jungwoo in her arms. "It's been a while since the last time I saw you. Anyway, how about you join us on our breakfast? I'm sure my Lucas here would be happy here."

 

He wanted to reject her offer. The idea of having a breakfast with Lucas wasn't good though. It would only cause awkwardness between them. But it would also be a disrespect to Lucas' mother if he would reject her offer. So he end up nodding and was dragged by Lucas' mother inside. 

 

Jungwoo would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter