Not Like Everyday

Out of the Ordinary

“Can I just stay here till the festival ended?”

 

“Well, why not?” the doc asked with her head hung low, scribbling on her paper. “But, is the festival really that boring?”

 

Hye Jin shrugged her shoulders, “Maybe it’s quite fun if I join in.”

 

“Then, why don’t you?”

 

Hye Jin stared at her weirdly, “We’ve been seeing each other for about a month and you still ask me that kind of question?”

 

This time the doc shrugged her shoulders, “Well, who knows.”

 

Hye Jin rolled her eyes and laid back to the white sofa.

 

“How was Yeri’s performance?”

 

“Like always, amazing,” Hye Jin answered, stone-faced. “I was right when I refused her request to sing together.”

 

“But you love singing,” the doc said quietly.

 

“And I hate being a stone beside a diamond.”

 

The doc just kept quiet. I guess she knows her patient quite well.

 

“Say, doc,” Hye Jin said, staring at the white clock on the wall blankly. “Why don’t you ever look at me?”

 

The doc kept writing whatever she thinks need to be written down, “Can you stop asking me about that? Just now you asked the same question for the 12th time. ”

 

Hye Jin shrugged her shoulders, “Well, who knows.”

 

The doc sighed, “My answer is still the same, I just - “

 

“Don’t,” Hye Jin finished her answer and chuckled. “Then, let me ask you another question.”

 

The doc took a thick white journal from her white desk and started flipping through the pages, waiting for her sloth patient to ask her another dumb question.

 

“Again, we’ve been seeing each other for about a month. Wait, I’m the only one seeing you, you always hung your head low so you basically never - “

 

“And you’re asking?”

 

“Why? I mean, why do you keep showing up in my dreams to give me this consulting sessions that have never resulted in anything but useless conversations?”

 

“Well, you’re the one dreaming about me, so you should just ask yourself and your brain about that,” The doc answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

Hye Jin snorted and rolled her eyes again, “Are you even a real doctor, doctor?”

 

The doc stayed quite, still flipping through the pages.

 

“I don’t hate you, okay?” Hye Jin chuckled. “But for a month I have never had any other dream but seeing you. Well, maybe I did have for about 2 or 3 times, but still, my dreams are mainly meeting you.”

 

“Just accept it, okay?” The doc hissed and said in a low tone, more like mumbling to herself, “It’s not like I would have come here if they didn’t ask me to anyway.“

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” the doc started scribbling again. “Don’t you think it’s about time to go back?”

 

Hye Jin saw the clock on the wall, it’s already 12.45 PM, the festival should be ended in about 15 minutes, that means the students can go home, “I guess you’re right, I still need to meet Yeri first.”

 

Hye Jin stood up and stared at the doc who were still scribbling on her piece of paper, “See you, doc.”

 

The doc nodded without looking back, “Yeah, see you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Hye Jin groaned while squinting her eyes, “Ugh, too bright.”

 

Hye Jin looked around her secret spot, the old volley court. She was sitting on one of the three benches at the corner. She could still hear the loud music from the front yard. It was quite weird that she could peacefully slept there but not at her fully air-con class room.  

 

She took her phone out and sent a message to Yeri, asking where she was. While waiting for her best friend’s reply, Hye Jin just sat there, staring blankly at the empty court.

 

If you ask me what she’s good at, that must be : sleeping, and doing nothing.  

Trust me, she can just sit there and stay quiet, thinking about nothing for 3 whole hours.

 

Fun fact, Hye Jin won first place for the spacing out competition when she was in junior high school.

 

And the spacing out competition is a real thing, search it on Mr. Google, you’ll find it.

 

Anyway, her daydreaming time was interrupted by the ring tone of her phone. She smirked when she saw the name on the screen.

 

“Oy.”

 

“Don’t you dare oy me, Park Hye Jin. Where the hell are you?”

 

“School.”

 

“Where. Are. You. Idiot.”

 

“Near the front yard.”

 

Yeri gave an exaggerated sigh, “I was looking for you before the performance. I was nervous as hell and you weren’t there. Thanks, best friend.”

 

Hye Jin couldn’t help but laughed when she heard her emphasised the last two words annoyingly.

 

“Sorry, but I saw you, you were great,” Hye Jin said, sincerely.

 

“Really? Then why -”

 

“It was too crowded,” she cut her.

 

“Ow, but still -”

 

“Is the festival finished yet?”

 

“Oh, right! Let’s go home, but I want to stop by at the new bakery first. Joy said the strawberry bread they have there is really good, my treat!”

 

Hye Jin chuckled while shaking her head, still amused at her best friend’s unique trait. Sometimes Yeri can be like Dory the fish. You know, short term memory loss and easily distracted. It can be pretty useful for avoiding unwanted conversations though.

 

“Okay, where are you? I still need to take my bag from the class,” Hye Jin said, she stood up and patted the dust off her skirt.

 

“Alright, you can .... me .... club ....”

 

“What? It’s glitching, I can’t hear you.”

 

“the... cleaning.... you...”

 

“Yah, it’s glitching,” Hye Jin said loudly to her phone in annoyance, the glitching sound was really painful to the ear.

 

Hye Jin heard Yeri kept talking over the phone but she couldn’t hear her properly. Couldn’t take it anymore, she ended the call.

 

She typed a message to Yeri and was going to start walking when suddenly she heard a VERY loud and high pitched buzzing sound. It was so loud that she even felt like the ground tremored a bit.

 

Okay. Correction.

 

The ground trembled.

 

Like, literally trembled that she even fell down on the bench again. Frightened and shocked, Hye Jin couldn’t get her legs to stand up and just sat there, squatting at the corner, covering her ears because of the loud buzzing.

 

She knew that she needed to get out of there. Hye Jin braced herself, trying hard to stand up but she kept falling down because of the quake.

 

But, right when she was going to try again, it all stopped.

 

No more buzzing sound, no more earth quake.

 

No shrieking or shouting.

 

It was just... silence.

 

Still not recovered from the shock, Hye Jin sat at the corner, still covering her ears.

 

What the hell was that?

 

Thank God she finally came back to reality again when she heard her phone rang. She pressed the button on her screen and took the phone to her ear, her hand was still shaking from the shock.

 

“Yah, why did you cut the call like that?”

 

“....”

 

“And why did you talk to the phone so loudly? Geez. I was saying that I’m still at my club’s stall, still cleaning up all of these things, so you can just take your bag.”

 

“...”

 

“Meet me here, the yard is almost empty now, there are just a few students left. Okay?”

 

“...”

 

“Yah, speak up. Oy, hello? Hello?”

 

“... Y-Yeri-ah?”

 

“Finally, I thought a ghost picked up your phone. Yah, what are-”

 

“Ar-are you alright?”

 

“What? Of course I’m fine, silly. Come on, take your bag, I need you to resque me from Jaehwan sunbae. I think he’s going to ask us cleaning up the whole yard because there are not enough students here,” Yeri whispered desperately.

 

“No, wait.. what? But just now -”

 

“Meet me in 10 minutes or I won’t buy you the bread. Bye.”

 

And with that, she cut the call.

 

 

... What?

 

Was Hye Jin the only one who heard the buzzing and felt the earthquake? The ing earthquake! From the call, it looked like nothing happened to Yeri.

 

No, more like nothing happened to anyone except for Hye Jin.

 

Hye Jin looked around her. Somehow, her secret spot looked scary now. Hye Jin gulped down her fear. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and was going to stand up,

 

when it all happened again.

 

The freaking buzzing sound could be heard, blaring, aching her ears. Hye Jin shrieked and covered her ears again, a tear slipped out of her eye while she kept squatting on the bench at the corner.

 

However, this time, the buzzing and the quake didn’t last that long. But, another thing happened. When the buzzing started to disappear, another audible, echoing voices could be heard.

 

At first, Hye Jin couldn’t really hear it properly, but the voices started to get louder and clearer.

 

 

 

"...................."

 

 

"..........eyy....."

 

 

“........ishh...Yah!”

 

 

“What.... you....”

 

 

“....STOOOPHH!!”

 

 

“Aiyo wei...”

 

 

“......the ?... Who was that?”

 

 

“Yah, Kyung......stepping on my feet!!!”

 

 

“Am not.”

 

 

“What... who farted?”

 

 

“AH WAEEE, I said STOPH!!!”

 

 

“Aishh!! Who in the world just bit my but*?”

 

 

“Ooyah, kkaebsong~”

 

 

“STOPHH PUSHING ME!!”

 

 

“Kai, are you done yet?”

 

 

“I’m dizzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy.”

 

 

“Wait hyung, just a liiiiiiitttttllleee bit more.”

 

 

 

 

What.. was that?

 

That was even weirder than the freakin buzzing! Hye Jin was stunned. She was still squatting at the corner, trying to process everything that she just heard. Hands were still shaking but now she was more confused rather than scared.

 

She stared at the empty court blankly, when the buzzing came again.

 

NOT AGAIN.

 

Hye Jin yelped and covered her ears once more, the ground trembled again, and this time, it was hard. Like, very, hard.

 

The buzzing kept getting louder and louder. Hye Jin shut her eyes, she gave up, she could never stand up and ran in that state.

 

Mom, Dad, I love you.

Jun Soo-ah, I don’t hate you but I don’t like you either, hope you’ll eat veggies when I’m not here anymore.

 

And just when she thought it was the end of her life, or at least her ears, she heard a loud thud.

 

A VERY loud one.

 

And with that, the buzzing and the quake stopped, again.

 

Slowly, Hye Jin opened her eyes, expecting that she would be greeted by an awful sight of ruins, or maybe people in white dresses with huge wings. But no. There she was, still at the schools’s old volley court. No ruins, no people in white, everything was quite normal,

 

Except the thick white fog at the center of the court.

 

Hye Jin furrowed her brows, she was sure that the fog was not there before. She squinted her eyes, trying to see what was behind it. Then, maybe God heard her, the wind blew.

 

When the fog started to disperse, Hye Jin could see there was something behind it. She could see shadows of figures laying on the ground. And when it started to get clearer, Hye Jin held her breath automatically.

 

She almost popped her eyeballs out, couldn’t believe what she saw.

 

Those figures laying on the ground were humans.

 

Well, at least they looked like humans.

 

There were about 8 or 9 of them. She couldn’t see them very well because they were on top of each other on the ground, groaning.

 

Hye Jin covered with her shaking hands, shook at the sight in front of her eyes.

 

Oh my Lord.

 

That day was definitely not like everyday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLOOOO

A new chapter for you guyssss

And yesss this is the start with our beloved EXO wooohoooooooo

Related image

But my university life is starting to get busier and busier, and it's really hard to update regularly, but I'll try my best thoughhhh because I love this story and I always look forward for your opinion :D

 

 

By the way, did you guys watch the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Closing Ceremony? :") I AM SO PROUD OF MY BABIES. They slayed the stage and KAI killed his solo dance! Though I didn't realize that it was him at first haha. Queen CL was also amazing, the hype was real. Gosh I'm so proud of them :"""")))))))