Just A Waste of Time

Out of the Ordinary

It was another day with the Park family. They were having breakfast downstairs. Mr. Park was sipping his cup of coffee while reading news on his phone, Ms. Park was busy cooking in the kitchen, and the kids were having a diss competition with each other.

 

Just like everyday.

 

“Hye Jin, you’re going to be late,” said Ms. Park while putting down a plate of scrambled egg on the table.

 

“It’s okay,” Hye Jin took a bite of her bacon. “Today’s just going to be a waste of time anyway.”

 

“Oh, the school’s festival is today, huh?”

 

“Yup. There will be no class, but I still need to come because Yeri keep telling me to,” Hye Jin sighed. “I guess she’s just afraid that nobody will come to cheer for her performance.”

 

Her sarcasm made Mr. Park chuckled, “Guess today’s going to be a tiring day for me too.”

 

“Aren’t you going to work?” Jun Soo asked.

 

“He’s going to meet your aunt today,” Ms. Park said.

 

“Your aunt asked me to help her move things to the new house,” Mr. Park sighed.

 

“Oh, the house that she opened for rent?” Hye Jin asked after gulping down her cup of milk.

 

“Yeah, nobody has rented the house yet. It’s quite big actually, and it’s near from us, just at the end of the street.”

 

“What about you mom?" Hye Jin asked.

 

"I'm going to help your dad and your aunt for a while, but I still need to go to the kindergarden," Ms. Park answered while giving some salad for Jun Soo.

 

"What- Mom, you know I hate these green thingies," Jun Soo sulked.

 

"Gosh, just eat it," Hye Jin hissed. "You're even worse than those bunch of snotty-nose kids at Mom's kindergarden."

 

“Yes, and I think you should go now, missy,” Ms. Park shot her a glare. “A waste of time or not, you still need to go to school.”

 

Hye Jin rolled her eyes and stood up, “Yes, my queen.”

 

She took her bag and off she went to school. She walked down the street and saw the house that her father was talking about. The house was painted in white and it was quite big, just like her father said.

 

Not too long after that, Hye Jin arrived at her school. The school yard was full with stalls, decorations, and a large stage could be seen at the center of the yard. Students could be seen all over the place. The festival was not yet started but everyone was already busy.

 

Not for Hye Jin though.

 

Hye Jin sighed and walked to her class to put her bag and stuff. The class was still quite empty, many of her classmates were not arrived yet. The school festival means free day, students can just stay inside the classroom or join the festival.

 

Hye Jin walked to her seat and stared at the window beside her. She saw some of her classmates outside, laughing while strolling along the stalls that were not yet opened.

 

No studying, huh.

 

Well, that’s quite different.

 

Guess today may not be like every day.

 


***

 

She was pissed.

 

She was trying to sleep.

 

Wow, for the almighty sloth to even tried to sleep was definitely something rare.

 

Hye Jin lifted her head up from the table and glared at the group of boys who were playing cards at the corner of the class. They were laughing and screaming, hitting the poor floor while cracking up.

 

Hye Jin hissed then she looked to the other corner of the class.

 

Another group of her classmates were chatting loudly, those are the ‘I-don’t-want-to-join-the-festival-because-the-sun-will-burn-my-milky-white-skin’ girls of her class. They were talking about this new launched lip tint and they were so freaking excited about it.

 

Hye Jin snorted and rolled her eyes lazily.

 

She was bored as hell. The students couldn’t leave the school yet, they had to wait till the festival ended.

 

She stared at the window again, hoping she could find something interesting. The stalls were all opened and the yard was full of students. A band, which consisted of students, was performing on stage.

 

Hye Jin was going to try sleeping again when she saw her best friend near the stage. Yeri was with some of her friends and her boyfriend was also there with her. Hye Jin took her phone out and immediately walked out of her classroom. It was already 9.50 AM and Yeri’s performance was going to start in 10 minutes.

 

Hye Jin walked past the stalls. Many students dressed up to attract customers. It was so crowded and Hye Jin hated it.

 

Not too long after that, Yeri’s performance started. She sang with her guitar beautifully. The crowd cheered for her and Hye Jin did too, she was so proud of her best friend. Yeri came down from the stage and Hye Jin tried to pass the crowd, she wanted to greet her best friend.

 

But what she saw next stopped her from going. She saw Yeri surrounded by her friends, smiling widely from ear to ear while her friends kept praising about her performance.

 

A sad smile could be seen on Hye Jin’s face. She stared at her best friend once again before taking a deep breath and turned the other way around.

 

Sigh, she felt a sting on her chest. Just a tiny bit.

 

No, no, she wasn’t mad. She was just...

 

Well, jealous, and she felt so bad because of it.

 

She hates herself every time she feels like that. But, sometimes she just can not help it. Yeri is just different from her, some people even say that she is the complete opposite of Hye Jin.

 

I don’t agree though.

 

And I’m the author so you should trust me.

 

Well, Yeri sure is prettier than her, based on the so called ‘beauty standard’ in Korea, and she sure is more outgoing than Hye Jin. Yeri is just that type of person who can start a conversation easily, and liking her is definitely not hard at all.

 

But yeah, people do get self concious and jealous sometimes, right?

 

And trust me, Hye Jin has grown, she is so much better now.

 

She walked past the crowd, heading to her class again. Just before stepping into the classroom, Hye Jin stopped and groaned.

 

Urgh, those kids with their stupid big mouths were still in there.

 

Like, really?

 

Gosh, our main character here just wanted to get a good sleep, a nice peaceful time for herself.

 

Hye Jin sighed and just stood there beside the door while staring blankly. 

 

Really, that day was just a waste of time, huh.

 

A girl was walking out of the class room and got surprised because of Hye Jin, “Gosh.. Yah, Hye Jin-ah!”

 

“Oh, hey Joy.”

 

The girl sighed then chuckled, “What’cha doin here?”

 

“Standing.”

 

“Well, of course you are,” Joy said, rolling her big eyes. “Wanna go out to buy some drinks with me?”

 

“Thanks, but I guess I’ll pass. The yard is too crowded right now.”

 

“I know right! The yard looks big, but now with all of those stalls and students, I don’t think it’s enough."

 

"Yeah, guess this school should have built a bigger one."

 

"Or maybe another one," Joy said, starting to walk pass her before turning her head while waving. "Well then, see ya!"

 

Hye Jin waved back then sighed again. Guess she should just went insi...

 

Wait.

 

What did Joy say?

 

Heh.

 

Hye Jin hit her own forehead, a smirk could be seen on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Helllooooo (^^)

I am back with another chapter woohooo

 

Oh and did you think that EXO will appear on this chapter?

Haha Well not yeeett :P

I want you guys to know about Hye Jin a little bit more first hehehe

 

But I won't disappoint you for the next chapter. Really, your waiting will be over soon, trust me.

 

I can't put gif or pictures :"( I think there's something wrong with the internet.