The Secret Spot

Out of the Ordinary

Just like many other introverts, meeting new people was not really a thing for Hye Jin.

 

I mean, it's not like she can't, but sometimes she just can not stand the awkwardness around them.

 

It was already 2 weeks since the opening ceremony, but Hye Jin still couldn't feel comfortable with her new classmates.

Her classmates were having some time together and Yeri joined too. But Hye Jin was just being Hye Jin, she chose not to go.

 

Well, it was already noon and school was tiring,

why would she spend her precious time for some stupid games and singing songs she doesn't even know in a small room crowded with students she's awkward with, when she could just watch kdramas and sleep at home?

 

Duh.

 

"Mom, what's today's snack?"

 

Her mom came out of the kitchen with a bowl of chocolate pudding in her hands, "Don't forget to clean your room after you've changed, ok?"

 

"Yeah, yeah, I'll do it later."

 

Her mom shot her a glare and Hye Jin just gave her a cute smile, then she took her chocolate pudding to her room.

 

Changing into her comfortable outfits, Hye Jin put her chocolate pudding on the table, but thanks for her cluminess, she nudged the bowl and spilled some on it.

Hye Jin groaned and took some tissue. The pink photo frame on her table also got smudged with some chocolate pudding.

Hye Jin took it and wiped it up, then smiled warmly, staring at the photo of her old home and family, the 'Little Angels' Orphanage.

 

She put it down again, "Hope that you guys are healthy and happy, wherever you are."

 

Yup, that's right. Hye Jin was an orphan.

 

She was found by the nuns nearby the orphanage in the middle of a cold night full of snow in December, only blanketed with a thin cloth.

The weird thing is that she was found sleeping peacefully.

 

No crying, no shrieking, just... sleeping.

 

When the nuns thought she was dead freezing, they were shocked by how warm her body was when they hold her.

 

Everybody knew that not even an adult could stand a chance in the middle of that fierce winter without thick jackets and blankets.

 

And then they thought that she had some body warmers, but they found none.

 

She grew up there happily. When she was 3, the Park family took her to join their family. 

Hye Jin doesn't remember many things from her past, but she surely remembers that she was loved and happy.

 


Okay, enough with the dramatic flash back.

Let's continue, shall we?


She finished her chocolate pudding and off she went to her fluffy bed.

 

Thank God that she didn't have any home work or she would be dead by the time she woke up.

 

Remember, your main character here is a sloth.

And for her, sleeping means hibernating. 


***


"In two weeks, our school is going to have its 26th anniversary on September 3rd," told Teacher Kim in front of the class. "Our school is going to hold a festival, there will be many stalls and performances by your schoolmates. I hope that everyone will come and participate actively. That's it for today, see you guys on Monday."

 

The class cheered, celebrating for the upcoming day of no studying. Some of the 'too excited ones' were already discussing if they wanted to perform something or not. One of them is Yeri.

 

"Hye Jin-ah," she cooed.

 

"No," Hye Jin replied without even looking at her best friend, her hands were busy packing her bag. "I'm lazy and you know it well."

 

"Oh come on, Jinnie~," she asked again with her forced puppy eyes, which looked disgusting of course. "Let's sing together just like when we were in  middle school."

 

"I just want to enjoy the festival, Yeri-ah," Hye Jin said lazily. "We're still new here and  I don't want to embarass myself in front of the whole school again."

 

"Oh, come on," Yeri groaned. "That time was the teacher's fault. That stupid old hag forced us to do it, even when she already knew that you were sick."

 

Hye Jin rolled her eyes, pissed on hearing about that stupid teacher.

 

Yeri sighed and nodded, Hye Jin smiled to her, she knew that her best friend understood. Hye Jin finished packing her stuff and bid good bye to Yeri, who was going to meet her boyfriend.

 

Hye Jin walked by the school yard, heading home. The school's soccer team were playing, someone kicked the ball too hard and made it flew outside the yard.

 

"Hey, hey, you girl over there!"

 

Hye Jin stopped and stared at the guys blankly, she heard one of them again shouting from the yard.

 

"Yes, you! Our ball flew and landed around there, can you get it for us?"

 

Hye Jin just stared at them with her not-amused face. Everyone could see that she just didn't want to do it. Her face screamed for it.

 

"Please?" the guy asked again, his chest went up and down because of the game.

 

Hye Jin sighed and nodded lightly. 

 

Yeah, I know she's lazy af but trust me,

she's not that bad.

 

Searching through the bushes, Hye Jin mumbled about why did those guys ask her when they could just walk there by themselves and get their ball, which she still couldn't find.

 

Then Hye Jin saw the ball at the corner, it was quite far from the yard actually. She walked there and stared at what was in front of her.

 

A small outdoor volleyball court. It looked old because of the faded lines and there was no net, only the two rusted pilars left standing tall. 
Three old benches sat at the corner and tall grasses could be seen almost all over the place.

 

It was actually the school's first court in 1992. It hadn't been used since the building got renovated and the new yard was built.

 

 Why?

 

Well, a few people said that a student died there.

 

Many said that people got hallucinations, saw things that were 'not supposed to be seen'.

 

Or worse, they disappeared, and never came back.

 

But, that's just impossible.

All of those are just legends.

 

 


Right?


Hye Jin picked the ball up and patted it a few times, a smirk could be seen on her face.

 

Guess she had found a secret spot for herself.

 

 

 

 

Yeayy I'm back with another chapter :") I tried to make this one longer hehe. Hope you'll like it :D

 

 

 

*A little spoiler*

Your waiting will be over soon. 

 

Well, I don't know whether you're waiting or not, but just for my positivity, I'll take it as a yes.

 

HEHE.

I WANT MAC & CHEESE.