Chapter 4.

It's In Your DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People with the most beautiful heart

seem to have the most insecurities

 

 

It was almost the bewitching hour and she found herself in a small white walled room. It was empty other than herself but the lights were on and almost too brightly for her liking. Her hands move unconsciously to her right side only to be met with hard surface. She tried sitting upright but her arms couldn't support her weight, they look as thin as a stick. Her hand snaps to her left hearing a door unlock, then a woman wearing a lab coat slowly walks in. What baffles her was the mismatch purple pajamas the woman was clothe in. The woman, or a scientist stops beside her bed, and her hand slowly reaches for the thin arm laying still. She caress the pale white skin with much tenderness. A kind smile gradually spread on the woman's face, the small apprehension that she felt minutes ago soon faded as she finds comfort in this woman's presence.

 

 

"I told you if you sleep late, monsters would come and scare you." The woman utters quietly, now her blonde hair. 

 

'Wait Blonde? Since when did I have a blonde hair?' She thinks to herself.

 

 

"I know it hurts but it'll be over soon. He still needs to inject the last dose to your Gummy Bear and then after, you two can come and play." The woman added, as if replying to what she asks. 

 

She watch the woman walk away, slowly closing the door shut behind her without making a noise. 

 

 

At first it was silent then steadily she hears what sounded like a soft tune rang out the room, but it didn't give any contentment to her rather it gave off a sinister sound. Like a siren's enchanting song to lure nearby soldiers to their death. 

 

 

"If you want to be happy....." A whisper nearly inaudible echoes inside the room. A sudden gush of cold wind pass through her. Her body, weak and frail trembles from the instant drop of temperature. Nausea crept from her abdomen and before her world turns black, she hears a voice speak softly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Temet nosce......"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pain sears through her body better than a branding iron, her mind conceding to the agony, unable to bring a thought to completion. Without meaning to her body curls into something fetal, all the while the pain burns and radiates. She had been experiencing this randomly for four days straight, thinking it was because she sleeps late at night. But its different, this is different. The pain has a dreadful warmth to it. There's a nausea too, she leans on the bathroom wall and breathes slow. She gaze at her watch, realizing this was longer than the last. Usually it was always less than 6 minutes but this time its 15. She breaths in and out, trying to ignore the pain. Repeating the process, she's snap out of her trance when she hears a knock on the bathroom door.

 

"Soojung? You okay there?" Yoongi voice out on the other side, slight concern in his tone. Krystal frowns, feeling guilty. She didn't want Yoongi to know what's happening to her. His plate is already full and she didn't want to be a burden to him.

 

Krystal took a deep breath, releasing a shaky breath. She sighs in relief when the pain subsided. "Give me minute Yoongs." She calls out, not sure if he's still there.

 

"Okay." She hears the footspets fading away. Grabbing the edge of the sink, she pulls herself up, running a hand through her hair she puffs her breath trying to look presentable. 

 

~~•~~

 

"Aigoo! Look at them! Look look!" Krystal beams immediately crouching down near a cage full of kittens. She didn't even wait for Yoongi who was walking relatively slow.

 

"We're not going to adopt all of them." Yoongi says, ruffling her hair.

 

Krystal looks up, pouting a bit. "Why not? They're so cute." She squeals when one of the kitten bumps its head at her hand. "Oh! I think it likes me." 

 

Yoongi sighs already regretting his decision. He groans when he pictures ten kittens littering around their house. 

 

Krystal stands up, arms encircling Yoongi's waist. "Can we buy them all?" She bats her eyelashes at him, biting her lips seductively.

 

"No." Yoongi sternly says, "That won't work on me, Sweety. We agreed to buy one animal, only one." He pinched her nose, eliciting a whine from her.

 

Krystal pouts, dropping her arms at her side. "How about two?"

 

"One."

 

"Two and a half?"

 

"Which part the or the head?" 

 

Krystal purse her lips, peering at the kittens who were adorably meowing at her. "I'll give you a bj tonight." She proposed, hands clasps together staring at him with those big puppy eyes.

 

Yoongi chokes on nothing, staring at her like she'd grown a second head. "What the hell? No, we are buying one kitten and done we're going home." He snaps, face flushing in embarrassment.

 

He feels a tap on his shoulder, turning around he sees one of the male clerks holding a turtle. "Are you having trouble sir?"

 

"No it's fine my wife and I are just debating which animal to adopt." He answers, scratching the back of his nape. The clerk looks over his shoulder, then raises his eyebrow. "Your wife must be quite a magician, is she?"

 

Yoongi frowns and whirls back only to find she's nowhere to be seen. "You have got to be-" He immediately dash through different aisles, worried that she may have taken one animal out of its cage and accidentally freeing them (He'd seen her watch National Geographic Channel). 

 

He finds her sitting cross legged on the floor, staring intently at a cage. Her face cupped in her hands. 

 

"Soojung, don't wander off like tha-"

 

"Shhhh."

 

Yoongi opens his mouth then close. He sits next to her, glancing at the dog napping inside the cage. 

 

"She reminds me of you." Krystal says fondly, eyes still on dog. "Small, loves sleeping."

 

Yoongi drape his arms on her shoulders, bringing her closer to him. He nuzzles his nose on her hair, smelling the faint strawberry vanilla shampoo. "Do you want her?"

 

Krystal faces him, a small smile on her face. "You think we can take care of her?"

 

"Sure, a dog wouldn't be that bad."

 

Krystal face broke into a wide grin.

 

"We're gonna name her Min Holly!"

 

 

 

 

 

"So I heard you bought a dog." Namjoon said, eyes not taking off his laptop. They decided to work at Yoongi's house seeing as the air conditioner's broken again and Yoongi forgot to ask his assistant to call the maintenance worker. 

 

"Really Hyung? Can I hold him?" Jimin gasped in excitement, crawling next to Yoongi. Jimin visited him after their vacation ended because he 'missed his favorite hyung'.

 

"I would let you, but Soojung has her. And I'm not sure if they're coming home yet." Yoongi replies, tapping his keyboard without even sparing Jimin a glance. 

 

Jimin hums, leaning back on the sofa. He grabs his bag, pulling his camera out of it. "When's Jungie Noona coming home? I want to see the dog." 

 

"I don't know, you ask her." Yoongi said in a stop-bothering-me-when-I'm-working tone.

 

Three head snaps towards the hallway hearing the door open. Krystal's voice resonated inside the house. "I can't believe you wandered off like that! If you wanted to poop you could've just said so."

 

Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter