Chapter 1.

It's In Your DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sometimes,

someone comes into your life

so unexpectedly

takes your heart by suprise

and changes your life forever

                                                                                  

 

Krystal place her husbands clothes and hers on the basket after washing it. His husband always prefers dark colors (like his soul) while she has no preference.

 

Picking up the laundry basket, she grunts feeling the weight of the basket. Toddling along the hallway, she notice the door to their bedroom slightly ajar. Peeking inside, a smile formed on her face seeing her husband who was sleeping soundly, his back facing the doorway. Happiness flowed through her just by seeing him, the man she's sharing a life with forever. 

 

She snaps from her thoughts when her phone from her right pocket vibrates. She slowly close their bedroom door, careful not to wake her spouse.

 

Walking down the stairs two at a time (bless her long legs) she answers her phone, shifting the basket to her other hand.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Jungie! How is my sweet daughter in law?"

 

"Hi Mrs. Min, I'm fine, Yoongi's still catnapping."

 

"Like a baby?"

 

Krystal snorts, "Yup, there's a construction site working near our street last night, which I might say is super loud. I got woken up from the racket but Yoongi slept through it."

 

A laugh was heard on the other line, "My boy, he never change. I remember when he was young, my nephew who was still an infant cried so loud it woke my husband and I up but my Yoongi slept like log, not even bothered by it."

 

Krystal stops at the end of the stairs, dropping the basket near it, feeling slighlty cramp from carrying it with one arm.

 

"Yoongi is Yoongi Umma, I bet he could sleep through the apocalypse."

 

"Oh honey don't be surprise, he can sleep through everything."

 

"Yeah, somehow I feel kind of worried about that."

 

"Oh don't be Honey, when you have kids He won't be like that."

 

Krystal giggles imagining Yoongi waking at ungodly hours because of them.

 

Her cheeks reddened at the thought.

 

"Speaking of children, when will you two have kids? Jin and Jisoo already have a cute little rascal running around."

 

"Oh umm we haven't discussed that yet. Yoongi's still busy with his work. When we have one, we want our child to grow up with us around, not with nannies. I hope you understand, Umma."

 

"Oh honey its okay, take your time. Also tell Yoongi not to focus on his work a lot, he has a wife too."

 

"I will, I will."

 

"Oh my, I have to go honey, be sure to take care of yourselves well okay?"

 

"Yes Umma, I love you. Have a nice day."

 

"You too, I love you sweetheart."

 

Krystal place her phone back at her pocket, bending down to grab the basket. She saunters towards the backyard. Sliding the door open, she place the basket nearby the glass door. Walking back, she head towards the kitchen where she prepared Yoongi's breakfast and his lunch later.

 

She hears a door opening and closing upstairs. The approaching footsteps coming closer.

 

"Good morning." A raspy voice greeted her.

 

Krystal turns to see Yoongi walking sluggishly to the kitchen.

 

"Good morning, sleep well?"

 

Yoongi hums as he went near her, his mouth brushing against her hollow temple.

 

He waddles in the direction of their second bathroom, nearly bumping the table.

 

His clumsiness is going to be the death of him, someday.

 

After preparing the table, they ate in silence, Yoongi occasionally scanning his phone.

 

"." Yoongi swore, furrowing his eyebrows as he stares at his phone screen.

 

Krystal stares worriedly at him, "What's wrong?"

 

Yoongi groans as he runs a hands through his face. "One of father's  employees just spilled a cup of coffee on their computer, literally erasing all the valuable files in there."

 

"And?"

 

"My father's asking me to fix it along with Namjoon."

 

"Ehh? How did your employee spill his coffee?"

 

"Seriously, you're asking me that question." Yoongi deadpans.

 

Krystal shrugs, "I'm sure it was an accident, people make mistakes too you know."

 

Yoongi grunts as he drop his head on the table. "I want to sleep."

 

"Sure you do sweety, I'm positive it won't be that bad. Your Dad would be proud of you if you fix it. You'll get good boy points for helping him."

 

"Ughh why did I even marry you." Yoongi moaned as he cradle his head as if he was in serious pain.

 

"Ask your adolescent self that question." Krystal pats his head, laughing at his misery.

 

Yoongi mumbles under his breath.

 

"Stop whining and finish your food Yoongs, you're already ten minutes late."

 

Yoongi groans, bumping his head lightly on the table.

 

 

Krystal waves Yoongi goodbye as he starts his car. She snorts as she can see him still grumbling probably about those 'incompetent workers'.

 

She watches him drive away, smiling when Yoongi waves back at her. She remembers the time Yoongi would show off his brand new black corvette to her, driving everywhere, much to his father's dismay. She never forgets the late night date. How they shared their first kiss in that car. Now here they are, not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore, but as husband and wife.

 

She walks back to her house, doing her daily routine. First wash the dishes, then vacuum the floor but not entirely the whole house (she's too lazy) only the ones she felt that are a bit too dusty. God, Yoongi's laziness is beginning to rubbed off on her. Third, fix their bed (Yoongi that slacking ), then hang the clothes outside, (she almost forgot about that). The list probably goes on.

 

 ~~•~~

 

ing finally! Krystal plops on their sofa in the living room. After the gruesome (not really) chores, she deserves some rest and shower.

 

Her shirt was so wet it needed wringing out and her hair was plastered to her scalp, God she feels really uncomfortable. She checks the time, 10:25 AM.

 

I need a shower already.

 

The sound of the telephone blaring was the first thing she hears after showering. She waits a bit, not in the mood to answer the phone. But it keeps ringing endlessly.

 

Now who the hell is calling, maybe the guy from the water department, ( oh wait, he's dead ).

 

Picking up the phone, she mumbles a ''Hello?"

 

"Unnie?"

 

Krystal felt alarmed at the distress in her friends voice. "Rosé?"

 

"I'm sorry if its inconvenient, I just have no one to talk to, I'm really so-"

 

"Its fine, I did promise to be there for you. Now tell me what happened?"

 

"........"

 

"Rosé? Is it Jungkook?"

 

"No! I mean no its not him. A little bit but Its just...."

 

"You know you can count on me to help you, you know that right?"

 

"I know, its just I've been feeling under the weather lately. I don't know what to do. I want to tell Jungkook but he's busy, he already has a lot on his plate. I tried calling Jennie Unnie but she's not picking up, Jisoo Unnie too." Rosé in a breath, "My... My head hurts a lot, and my body too. I-I don't know what to do."

 

Krystal's chest twinge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter