Chapter 2.

It's In Your DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The best kinds of friendship 

are the unexpected ones

 

 

"Yes he's sick, I don't know when he'll return to his full health- yes thank you. If he has paperwork, let me know. Okay okay. I'll let you know when he's up and about. Thank you again, have a nice morning." She ends the call with a sigh.

 

Great way to start the day, getting calls from his employees and his assistant. 

 

Sitting on their sofa, she just wish to be swallowed by it. She didn't get any sleep last night, worrying too much about her sick partner. 

 

She groans, remembering she has to buy medicine for Yoongi. 

 

Jogging up to their bedroom, she grabs her tiny bag (courtesy of Jennie) from their dresser. She slowly shake Yoongi's shoulder, who was still sleeping. 

 

He groans as he rolled over to face her, one eye cracking open. "What?"  He croaked. 

 

"I'll be going to the drugstore, it won't be long." Running her hands through his hair, she bends slightly to kiss his forehead.

 

Yoongi hums, "Be home quickly." 

 

"Damn, that's a lot of people buying drugs." Krystal mutters, seeing the line from the counter all the way towards the exit door. 

 

Good thing I came here early. She thinks to herself, holding the paper bag.

 

Far ahead from her, she sees an old beggar near an alleyway. She strolls down in the mans direction, fumbling with her bag to search for her wallet.

 

She bumps into someone, that someone nearly falling if it weren't for her fast reflex. 

 

"Oh Mrs. Park, what a nice surprise." 

 

The old woman, Mrs. Park, scans her face before smiling in recognition. "Soojung, its nice seeing familiar face. What're you doing here at this hour?"

 

She points her thumb behind her, "Drugstore, Hubby's sick so I need to buy medicine for him."

 

"Oh what a coincidence, my grandson's sick too, he kept complaining about head and body pain."

 

His grandson too? Thats weird.

 

"Oh that's a really long line." Mrs. Park exclaims, hands on her chest as she looks over to see. 

 

"Yeah it is, I'm lucky I got there when theres only a few people. If you want I could give you some, I bought a lot."

 

"Oh I'd love to, but your husband needs it, not only now but in the future." Mrs. Park proffered. "Is Yoongi still working as a producer?"

 

"If he has vacant time, he does."

 

"Oh that man, I heard that people have their own way of expressing their love for someone. Love songs or poetry, they put wonderful feelings into words."

 

"Here you go again with your proverbs," Krystal giggles, Mrs. Park laughing along, "The habit never change, does it?"

 

"Well old habits die hard honey," Mrs. Park says, patting her shoulders. "I must go now, say hi to Yoongi bear for me, sweetheart!" She rush pass her heading to the drugstore.

 

Krystal snickers, 'Yoongi Bear' what a lame nickname.

 

Strolling along the pavement, she looks around seeing other people doing their own business. She feels vibration inside her bag, indicating someone is calling her. Whipping it out, she answers:

 

"Hello."

 

"Krystal thank god." 

 

"Jisoo?"

 

"Yes Hi, are you busy this afternoon?"

 

"Not at the moment, no."

 

"Oh good, I need you to look after Hana."

 

"Ehhh?"

 

"Please, I have a meeting an hour later and I won't be home till midnight. There's a celebration happening at Jin's restaurant and they want him to host, so he's pretty much busy too. Our baby sitter is sick, and Hana likes you."

 

"The baby saw me only once, Jisoo. Why don't you call Jennie?"

 

"Jennie is 7 months pregnant and Taehyung's in a meeting. Lisa and Jimin are on a vacation so they're out of the list. I know Rosé is sick so that leaves to you."

 

"What about Wendy? She knows how."

 

"Krystal please, I'm asking you as a friend."

 

"But Yoongi's sick, what if she gets sick too?"

 

"Don't worry about that, keep her out of his reach or something. Entertain her, I know you're good at that."

 

 

Krystal bit her bottom lip, contemplating whether to say yes or no. "Not really." She mumbles more to herself.

 

"Please just this day, I'll tell Jin to make you some poptarts, after."

 

She glance around her surroundings, a bit tempted by the offer.

 

"5 strawberry poptarts."

 

She hears Jisoo squealing on the other line. "Yes, noted. I'll be there thirty minutes top."

 

 

First step in Baby Care 101:  Have the parents emergency contact info.

 

Check. She already has Jisoo's or Jin's number in case something went wrong, or if something life threatening happens.

 

Second step in Baby Care 101: Make sure the toddler is comfortable at all times.

 

Krystal peers at the floor, seeing the baby chew on her toy. She prepared the bottle of milk in case she gets hungry, and has the diaper ready in any case she pees or poop too much. 

 

Check.

 

Leaning back, she watch with zero interest as the baby crawls near her legs, hitting her lightly with the toy.

 

"This is boring." She mutters, so far she had given Yoongi his pills so he's just sleeping his fever away. She bends down, stealing the toy away from Hana eliciting a cry from her. Krystal panics, placing the toy back on her hands.

 

"Ehhh, wait don't cry I was joking!" She pulls the baby by the armpit, bouncing the baby on her knees. 

 

The baby smiles squealing while spreading her arms, hitting Krystal's face in the process.

 

"You're so dramatic like your dad." She says, staring at the baby. Now that she gets a clear look at Hana's face she realize how similar her eyes are from Jisoo. And those plump lips and cute nose has the same structure as Jin's. This kid will grow up capturing a lot of mens heart.

 

Placing the baby back on the floor (Krystal made the living room baby proof) she grabs the remote. 

 

Upon hearing the TV coming to life, Hana cooes attention immediately focus on the television. 

 

Krystal took the opportunity and flips the channel to Baby TV. Hana claps gleefully, engrossed on the TV.

 

Yes, I can now sleep. Her eyelids drop, her breathing even out as she rest for a while. Nothing wrong will happen.

 

Third step in Baby Care 101: Always pay attention to your toddler.

 

~~•~~

 

 

Krystal wakes from the repetitive poking on her cheeks, she swats it away. "Go bother someone else." She mumbles turning away from the person poking her. The person, a persistent one, starts shaking her shoulder aggressively, promptly waking her from her peaceful sleep. 

 

"Who the fu-" Yoongi's face came to her vision, pressing a finger to her lips. 

 

"There's a baby here." He slowly rose from where he was kneeling. 

 

Krystal jolt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter