Chapter 3.

It's In Your DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Be happy for no reason

If you're happy for a reason

then you're in trouble

because that reason can be taken from you

 

The incessant sound of camera flashing was beginning to piss her off. She had woken up early after receiving a cryptic message, thinking it was an emergency. She feels a throbbing at the back of her head and her knees were aching after tripping down the stairs. All because of this douche taking pictures of a tree (what's so fascinating about a tree?). 

 

Tapping her foot impatiently, she clears . Her companion however, showed no sign of hearing it and kept moving to find a better angle to take a photo.

 

Krystal already had enough, she stomps towards him. She swiftly swung her hand, hitting his head hard.

 

"Ow! What was that for" Baekhyun shouts in pain, cradling his head.

 

"Quit whining like a baby, it wasn't even that painful." 

 

"Easy for you to say, you're lucky your a woman or else I would've hit you." Baekhyun threatens, glaring at her. He would've been intimidating if he didn't look like an angry chihuahua.

 

"Yeah yeah, your empty threats make me laugh." 

 

Baekhyun mumbles something incoherent.

 

"What was that?" 

 

"Nothing." He grabs a the camera, returning to his previous activities.

 

Krystal sees this an opportunity to flee and thats what she did but was held back by a hand grabbing her hoodie (hoodie you betrayed me!). She yelps falling first on the ground. "What the ?"

 

Baekhyun snickers, taking a picture of her. "And that ends our session today." He laughs out loud, while looking at the picture taken by him. "Dude you have a great face for make-up!" 

 

"I'd slap you for that comment but it would be animal abuse." 

 

"Sure bag of douche."

 

"Asswipe."

 

"tard."

 

"Gay ."

 

"Motherfu-"

 

"My god!" Both head turns to see an old lady covering a girls ears. If looks could kill then both of them would've spontaneously combust.

 

"You teenagers lacked common decency! Spouting vulgar language when there's a child present." She points accusingly at them. 

 

Baekhyun being a as ever, rest his hands on his hips, posing like he doesn't give any solitary about it. "What gives old lady? That kid will probably grow up spewing bad words like a sailor too, I bet she'll become a gothic girl when she gets bigger. So even if you cover her ears it won't work lady, she'll probably curse your fat a-"

 

Krystal instantly covered his mouth, smiling apologetically at the old lady who's mouth was open in shock. The kid giggles at the sight of her dragging Baekhyun by the ear. They stop near a bench where she let's go of his already red ears. 

 

"Aww man my ear is tender." Baekhyun whines, rubbing his left ear.

 

Krystal pursed her lips in a straightline, glowering down at him with her arms crossed over chest. Baekhyun looks up, gazing questioningly at her. 

 

"What?"

 

"Was that really necessary?" 

 

Baekhyun frowns turning away from her, "The old hag was kind of fat." He mumbles to himself.

 

Krystal sighs in exasperation, she plops herself down on the bench. "Did you bring my laptop?" She asks, watching a group of teens skateboarding.

 

Baekhyun pats the bag in between them. "Your wedding photos already filed in a folder so its properly arrange along with some others."

 

"I didn't know you have passion for photography. I thought you wanted to be a baker when you grow up? You kept on promising me that."

 

"Well I was horrible at baking cakes and cupcakes."

 

"Why the past tense?"

 

"Hardy har har." 

 

They were currently at the central park, hunting for a great scenery for one of Baekhyun's project. In the middle of the park was a lake, the lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars. 

 

"I'm still unsatisfied by the outcome of the pictures." Baekhyun comments, gazing at the lake.

 

"Why don't you take a picture of the lake?"

 

"Nahh too basic," Baekhyun scrunched his nose, "I need something sophisticated  and distinctive, something that screams my personality."

 

"A dogs poop or a garbage may complement your personality."

 

"Nahh, that's your personality."

 

"I think we both have that personality."

 

Baekhyun faces Krystal, "Damn, you're right." His smile stretch wider into a gaping grin and eyebrows arch for the sky.

 

Krystal tips her head to the side, "That we're both ?" 

 

"What? No , I meant Us together! Our friendship is where my personality blossoms. So I'll take the picture of us." He claps his hands like a retarded seal, gripping the camera with much eagerness.

 

Krystal groans rubbing her face in annoyance. Its gonna be a long day.

 

 

~~•~~

 

 

Tired. That's what she's feeling right now, the kind of tired that needs a good night's sleep and another that needs so much more. Baekhyun was rather an indecisive person, a flip-flopper, an unpredictable a-hole who doesn't care about his pal beside him internally dying. 

 

Krystal slumped in her favorite seat in the café and threw her wallet and phone on the table. Her bag containing the laptop was placed on the chair facing her. Ordering a chocolate cake, she munch her way slowly through the mouthful of cake. Her mind was chanting one word 'Sleep Sleep Sleep'. She peers outside noticing how hardly anyone was passing by, even the café has a lot of vacant table. Eyeing the clock hanging above the exit door, "No." She murmurs wearily registering the fact that they have been 'Background Hunting With My Bestfriend' as Baekhyun calls it for almost eight hours. 

 

Right now, her eyes felt heavy, mind thick with exhaustion, 'Just a quick power nap' She concluded as she pulled her chair out and grab her bag, she pocketed her cellphone and wallet in each of her pocket. She totters her way out, not forgetting to pay the bills. 

 

Krystal walks along the streets, sighing when there's no taxi driving nearby forcing her to take the alleyway as shortcut, Yoongi told her to never use alleyways as it was where thievery invariably happens, but like does she have any choice? Nope.

 

"Got any money there?"

 

Krystal almost jumped out of her skin, whirling around to find someone leaning at the end of the alleyway. They had pulled their hoodie up, a mask concealing his face and that was never a good sign. Having a good photographic memory, she was able to perceive this was the same man from four days ago.

 

"Well uhmm I don't have it and I'm in a hurry so please let me-"

 

"Does it look like a gave a !" Krystal almost flinched at the sudden sharp tone of the stranger.

 

"Look idiot, the answers no so get the he-"

 

Without warning the man lunged at her, fist connecting with her stomach. She staggered back, realizing how quick and agile the man was.

 

Krystal had little time to recover before she was hustled to the ground. Her bag fell beside her and before she had the chance to react the stranger had grabbed her bag and bolted down the streets. She layed for what felt like hours, still comprehending the fact that she just got assaulted by someone. 

 

Sitting upright, she rubs her hand against her stomach where the man previously struck her. Frowning as she didn't feel any bruise forming on her stomach. She feels lucky the man didn't beat her up badly or else Yoongi would've thrown a fit and burn the city down attempting to find the thief. 

 

"Oh no." Krystal wanted to scream, that laptop was bought recently by him (the laptop she bought fell on the sea, don't ask her why or how). 

 

Maybe I should just lay down and contemplate about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter