In This Together

dumb and dumber: a 2min drabble dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If you are sensitive to pets dying, read with caution! Talk of pet death ahead! Unbeta-ed

"Shh, hyung..."

Lee Taemin's voice was soft as he Choi Minho's hair, the latter sobbing in his arms. Minho's Great Dane had been relatively young and healthy, but in the past couple months, showed signs of the onset of bone cancer. The cancer quickly got worse and worse, and when the couple took the dog to the veterinarian, she suggested the saddest, but also the most understandable, option...Putting him down.

"H-He was a g-good d-dog," Minho choked out, voice cracking, "S-Squeakers..."

Yes, Minho had named his Great Dane...Squeakers. Minho lived for irony - considered it his second language - and the thought of such a big dog with such a tiny name gave him so much joy. Luckily, Squeakers was an easy-going dog who loved Minho unconditionally. And really, that's all that mattered.

"He was," Taemin whispered, placing a sweet kiss on the elder's hair, "a wonderful companion, an unforgettable friend..."

"S-Squeakers l-loved t-t-to cuddle," Minho said, attemtping to crack a smile amidst all the tears, "h-he loved c-cuddling..."

"That's because he loved you," Taemin replied softly, "and you loved him. And he knew that. You raised him with love, care, and support. You spoiled him with food, toys, and lots of exercise. You spent time with him and let him be when he wanted to be...Squeakers...was quite the exceptional pup."

Taemin really did love Squeakers. Not as much as Minho, but it was a close second. When the two started dating a year ago, Squeakers scared the living crap out of Taemin for the first week. The dog was nearly half as tall as he was, and his dark coat made him look like some monster. However, Taemin quickly learned that Squeakers was indeed, not a monster. In fact, the opposite could have been said. Squeakers was shy, friendly, and loved to play. He was only a little vocal, barking only at knocks at the door and loud or surprising noises. He was a great dog to cuddle up with, since he could be used as a pillow. Squeakers was also quite obedient. He learned a number of commands and tricks relatively quickly, and it made taking him out in public much easier.

"I-I'm...gonna m-miss him," Minho mumbled, his voice a little calmer and quieter. He stopped crying so violently, and simply allowed waterfalls to fall from his eyes and down his cheeks. Taemin grimaced and wiped the tears away from Minho's face.

"Squeakers is up there right now, you know," he said, cracking a small smile, "he's so happy up there. He's not in pain, and he's got an endless supply of steak, you know that?"

Minho let out an odd noise between a laugh and a sob, and then grabbed a tissue to blow his nose. Taemin sighed and continued.

"Squeak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter