"i'm hungry"

dumb and dumber: a 2min drabble dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Platonic!2min, slightly inappropriate themes to come, unbeat-ed. Enjoy!

"Let me see, let me see!"

Taemin smiled as he carefully handed his new 64GB iPhone 8 plus to his best friend, Choi Minho, who grabbed his exitedly.

Taemin came from a very wealthy but very conservative family who believed that luxuries like smartphones were, indeed, luxuries.

"If you want the newest smartphone or whatever, you can work for it yourself," Taemin's mother had said when the latter asked her about upgrading from his basic flip phone. Taemin's mom accepted that phones were necessary in life, but only to call and text in emergencies. Apps were a waste of time and energy.

So, Taemin had spent his the entire summer before his senior year of highschool working his off at a full-time job in the local flowershop/plant nursery. He also babysat kids for a number of families in the area, mostly ones from their church. He occasionally mowed lawns and did other handy work, but he much preferred the flower shop and kids. After three months of a full-time paycheck and some very generous cash envelopes from his clients, he had earned well more than enough for a new phone.

Taemin had called up his best friend from school, Choi Minho, to help him decide on what phone he should get. The two met up and drove to the store together, spending nearly two hours looking around and talking to sales associates before deciding a relatively new model of the iPhone, the 8 plus. The associates had helped him set the basic features up and create an Apple account, but everything else was up to him. Taemin paid for the phone up front in cash, and then paid for the first month's bill up front.

Now, the two were back at Taemin's house, where the two sat in his room with his new phone.

"This thing is so cool," Minho said, whistling as he turned the sleek device in his hands multiple times, "I really like the white."

"I'll need to get a case before I bring it to school on Monday," Taemin replied, opening his laptop (one of the few luxuries his parents paid for - it was a gift for being accepted into his highschool's honors program). He opened up their family's joint Amazon prime account and began to look for sturdy cases for his phone.

"Now you can text faster, play CandyCrush, and take ten thousand selfies," Minho said, swiping left and right, exploring the features and adding app after app, "but most importantly, you can use real emojis now!"

"Great," Taemin replied, snorting, "now I can add the infamous poop emoji next to your contact name!"

"Ouch," Minho said, dramatically clutching his heart, "your words cut deep."

"Are you gonna stop me from doing it?"

"...no?"

The two laughed together as Taemin continued searching for the perfect case, going through pages and pages of options.

"What do you think?" he asked Minho, who was busy taking selfies of silly faces, "silicone or hard case?"

"Hard," Minho replied, wiggling his eyebrows, "everything is better hard."

"Hyung, shh!" Taemin hissed, covering Minho's mouth, "you know how my family is..."

The elder put his hands up defensively while sticking his tongue out to Taemin's hand. The latter retracted his hand quickly, giving Minho a dirty look before wiping said hand on the latter's face.

"Ew, Tae, what was that for?"

"You de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter