*heart eyes*

dumb and dumber: a 2min drabble dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Another quick little update in the middle of my hectic schedule~ this one takes place sometime in history. I was thinking sometime in the Joseon dynasty (which I realize lasted just over 500 years or so, so bear with me) regardless, please enjoy! No TW here!

There is a poll below!

"Hyung, where are we-"

"Hush. Follow me."

"But-"

"Quiet, Taemin."

Taemin shut his mouth as he obeyed his friend, quickly running behind him as the two weaved between buildings, through bushes, and across the stream that separated the village from the open land.

Lee Taemin was the younger son of King Sooman's main scribe, Lee Jinki, who happened to be his own oldest son. Taemin was the middle of five children: Hyukjae, the eldest son, Sunkyu, the eldest daughter, Taemin, Dabin, and Gahyun, the youngest daughter. Being the second son and ultimately middle child in a complicated line of succession after Sooman's eventual death, Taemin was just not a priority. Jinki and his recent wife, Taeyeon, were being trained to eventually rule the kingdom, which left Taemin and his siblings emptyhanded. Hyukjae and Sunkyu had a slight possibility of becoming ruler in the event of Jinki's and Taeyeon's sudden deaths, but the likelihood was small enough that it was not a worry.

Therefore, apart from his studies, Taemin had a lot of free time on his hands.

His most favorite past-time, one which has gotten him in a little trouble before, was making his way to the village behind the walls of the palace. He dressed in common clothes his servants provided for him and brought just enough pocket change to blend in with the poorer citizens.

It was in this village where Taemin met his best friend, Choi Minho.

Minho decended from a line of farmers - often the poorest members of society, besides the beggars. His father, Choi Siwon, was a kind man whose wife sadly died during the birth of their youngest daughter, Yoojung. He was left with four children to feed while earning just enough to feed one child at best. Things got a little easier as time went by, however. Minho's eldest sister, Sooyoung, married a man named Jonghyun, and she lived with them as a daughter-in-law and seamstress. Jinri had just come of age last year and was eligable for marriage. Yoojung, Minho's youngest sister, was still a child, and would have to wait a couple more years before marriage was an option. Minho was of marrying age, but he tried to focus on his work rather than on settling down.

"Where are we going?" Taemin repeated moments later as the two slowly made their way up a hill.

"You'll see," was all Minho replied, his tone softer than before. Unable to think of anything else to say, Taemin simply shut his mouth and followed the elder for a while longer. The weather was luckily cool and dry - morning dew still glistened on the grass, and the birds' songs began not too long ago. The sun began to show over the top of the trees in the distance, which casted beautiful soft shadows on the ground.

"Come, Taemin, just beyond this hill," Minho said after a few minutes of peaceful silence, leading the younger at a relatively quick pace.

"Wait for me!" Taemin replied, smiling broadly as Minho's laugh echoed through the air.

The two came upon a small tree with a blanket of some kind on the ground. Standing under said tree was a young girl in a plain blue and white hanbok, her hair in a long braid, tied off with a bright green ribon to indicate her status as unmarried. She held a small sack in her hands, eyes wandering - admiring the halcyon environment around her. Minho cleared his throat, and instantly, the young girl jumped in surprise.

"Oppa," she whined, stamping her foot, "you know not to sneak up on me!"

"So sorry, Yoojung," Minho replied in a quiet voice, smiling sadly, "didn't mean to scare you."

"Hmpf," Yoojung replied before she shifted her glare to Taemin, upon whom her gaze turned softer.

"Y-Your Highness," she practically squeaked in a shaky voice, bowing deeply and face reddening. Taemin couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle before kneeling on the ground in front of the girl.

"What have I said in the past, Yoojung?" he asked in a kind voice, only slightly teasing. Yoojung refused to meet his eyes but replied nonetheless.

"To...to call you...by your name..."

"Which is?"

"T-Tae...Taem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter