accusations

scuffed

“Could you not?”

 

Nayeon stood behind Mina in the changing room, her jaw clenched. There was nothing worse than a flared temper after a long and hard competition, especially when the flared temper belonged to a sweaty, exhausted, furious Im Nayeon. Her rival slowly turned around, still dressed in a blue skirt and white crop top – the skirt being part of her cheerleading outfit, the crop top being part of her casual outfit. Sweat was beading her upper lip. “Could I not what?” Her voice was so irritatingly soft, and so frustratingly polite, it enraged the hell out of Nayeon.

 

“You’re distracting me.” Nayeon’s voice was hard and edged, like rocks. Without all the grittiness, of course, but with a hint of a rasp, since she had chanted for a whole three hours straight. Damn it all to hell. “And it’s making me mess up.”

 

Mina tipped her head ever so slightly, a sheen of bewilderment in her eyes. “All I’m doing is my usual routine. I don’t see how it’s...distracting you. Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure,” Nayeon hissed. If she could shoot lasers through her eyes, Mina would’ve been a charred pile of ash the minute Nayeon laid eyes on her. “You’re distracting me, Myoui.” What with all your perfection, your utter perfection. How beautiful you are. The smile you flash at the audience during performances, and the winks you give to certain people. The way your arms stretch out gracefully, no mistakes made. It makes me so angry. “I’m going to report you if you don’t stop.”

 

The confusion never left Mina’s deep, golden-brown eyes, nor did her quiet voice ever raise. “Nayeon...I’m sorry, but I don’t understand.”

 

Of course you don’t understand. “You know what?” Nayeon snarled, choosing to ignore the newly noticed fact that Mina’s skirt was riding up her legs. She also chose to ignore Mina’s extremely prominent abs. Oh, and she didn’t forget to ignore Mina’s slightly ruffled hair that made her look so y. “I think you do understand. I think you’re plenty aware of what you’re doing, and if you don’t stop, I swear, I’ll get you kicked out from...from all of this. Forever. I have the power to do so. So...” She took a last glance at Myoui Mina in all her after-performance beauty, and inhaled deeply, letting the air out as slow as possible. “Stop.”

 

And with that, Im Nayeon swiveled around on her heel and briskly walked out of the changing room.

 

(Little did anyone know, she was internally squealing because of how hot Mina looked.)