༺ ✱ ༻

The Swan Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Taehyung was at work, Jungkook tried to recite each curve and mark set out on the worn parchment before him.

 

Ciclanish.

 

An odd name for a language he had no reason to say was either beautiful or ugly. This was the only language he had ever been exposed to and even then, the words had been punctuated with a certain nuance that his Uncle had perfected well enough to the point of belonging only to him.

A delicate smile tugged at the corner of Jungkook's lips. What did feel good was being able to associate the object of his attention with a name as clear as the skin on Taehyung’s skin.

 

Jungkook sat back in his chair and sighed. How could he bring himself to tell Taehyung that he was the most beautiful boy he had ever met? Would he laugh? Quite possibly. Jungkook himself wasn’t very attractive, to begin with. A straight nose gave way to a pair of upper teeth that jutted out over his lower lip when he smiled. A set of small, round cheeks gave way to a jaw as wide as the mountains to the East.  Add onto that a voiceless body and there wasn’t much else apart from his work ethic to propel him forward into a relationship of his own. His uncle was right. He was a brute. And a brute cannot love a star without snuffing out its light. He gripped the pencil.

 

After what seemed like several more hours of studying, Jungkook stood up and headed for the door. He stepped outside to find a cool breeze rustling through the surrounding trees. He glanced up at the chimes hanging over the entryway. Out of the twelve glass cylinders, ten were currently illuminated by the sun’s warmth. As Taehyung had stated before his departure, at 12 o’clock, all twelve should dazzle with colors crafted from the sun’s brilliant rays.

 

“Jungkook!” From the base of the clearing, Taehyung appeared. His head was bent over to the side, his hands intent on scouring through the contents of his knapsack. “I’ve got another gift from Mrs. Nundaberry. She sends her best regards and hopes to meet you soon.” Taehyung continued walking forward, completely oblivious to the ginormous potted plant he was heading straight for.

 

“Taehyung, wait, you’ll-”

 

Taehyung looked up in time to see the object of Jungkook’s worry. He slammed to a halt and with a staccato laugh, turned to look at Jungkook with an embarrassed smile. “Almost fell there, didn’t I? Good thing I have you to nurse me back to health.”

 

Jungkook flushed red. What did he mean? What-

 

“Can you guess what the surprise is this time?”

 

Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung grinned as he slipped the yellow fabric away from his outstretched palm. “Muffins!” he shouted. “And scones, too. Whole lot of ‘em.”

 

Jungkook bobbed his head up and down. Taehyung was a child the most when it came to eating. A wise and favorable idea popped into his head just then. The flush running over his body concentrated at the base of his stomach. He pinched the side of his shirt. Now was the time to be excited.

 

“Let’s snack on these before going to see that someone special I promised you.” Taehyung winked.

 

The boys had barely just sat down when Jungkook reached for the rag set out on the center of the table. Over the rim of his mug, Taehyung watched as Jungkook wrote something into the uppermost corner of the stained rag.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter