Distress

The Swan Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon exiting the infirmary, Jungkook asked to see Taehyung.

 

The maid solemnly shook her head. "I'm sorry, dear. He's at rest."

 

Jungkook dipped his head forward. He could hear his heartbeat but his skin felt cold to the touch.

 

The maid escorted him to his room. A larger, more intricate, door towered several feet down the hallway. Jungkook tapped on her shoulder.

 

"Whose staying in the room next to mine?"

 

"I apologize but I don't have that information to disclose."

 

Jungkook felt a frown overtaking his lips. He quickly replaced it with a quick nod and a smile. "Is ok."

 

"But I can tell you he has caramelized brown hair with-"

 

Jungkook's eyes grew wide. "brassy undertones."

 

The maid looked amazed. "Yes! Of course. How did you know?"

 

Jungkook looked down at the floor. We're both swans at heart.

 

"Well then, if you'll excuse me." She curtsied.

 

Not until she was halfway down the hallway did Jungkook step inside to a room enshrouded in darkness. The only source of light being the bright moonlight coming in from the two bay windows located at the other end of the room. He focused his attention on the carpet at his feet, breaking from the pattern etched into the fabric for a brief overview of his shoes. He knew what lay underneath the thick man-made leather. Only he knew the truth.

 

Jungkook waited several more minutes before stepping back into the hallway. He managed to successfully escape the castle without any questioning glances or remarks. On his way to the back end of the castle gates, he was confronted by his worst nightmare.

 

She came in the form of dark wisps of smoke; her head and hair being the only visible aspects of her figure. Jungkook stumbled backwards. He slammed into a tree trunk that quickly ensnared him in a grip so tight he knew would break the bones in his arms if he struggled to get away.

 

Her feet touched ground. Jungkook drew in a sharp intake of air. The temperature around him had suddenly dropped to freezing. As she pressed a hand to Jungkook's heart, a large circular star sign emerged before his chest. The shock of its immense power made him grit his teeth.

 

"You have but three days to make the one you love fall in love with you."

 

She slashed her nail on the space before Jungkook's heart. A thick, black gash emerged, followed by a torrent of wind that shook the trees' leaves.

 

"Consider this warning my respects to the dead." The gash swallowed the circle in a rush for pleasure. Before Jungkook could let the fear inside of him erupt, she was gone and he was left to grapple with the newfound knowledge bestowed upon him.

 

Several restless hours ticked by before Jungkook heard a timid knock at the door. He paid it no heed for the past several hours had been a cycle of short spasms between sleep and reality. The lines between the two had begun to blur.

 

Jungkook forced his eyes shut. He was well on his way to glimpsing another short bout of sleep when a weight sunk into the mattress at his side. His eyes shot open to find someone sitting beside him. A familiar voice seeped into his ears.

 

"Jungkook, it is you. Jungkook." Taehyung fell forward, his arms finding their way around Jungkook's sturdy neck. The bed sheets ruffled as Taehyung shifted his body so that one leg straddled Jungkook's outer thigh while the other pinned the bed between his inner thighs.

 

"Taehyung,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter