Chapter 2

Locked In A Loveless Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

poster thanks to Sooheelocker of sooheelocker poster request shop!!

 

Disclaimer: First and foremost THIS STORY IS NOT MINE. This story is written by LoveEpicLove  of  fanfiction.net and is originally a DELENA fic. I am merely changing the names and some settings to fit the new characters. I am posting this with the original writer's permission.

 

 

Chapter 2

"I don't see why we can't just go down to city hall and get married there," Dara told Jiyong.

They were in Jiyong's office. She was sitting, and he was standing in front of her, leaning on his desk.

"I'm a billionaire, Dara. People expect me to have a wedding, and we will give them one. How do you think the papers would perceive it if I was just to elope without any notice."

"I thought you didn't care what people thought."

"I don't," he growled at her, "but being Kwon Jiyong does come with certain…expectations. We need people to believe this union is real. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Doesn't every woman dream of having her perfect wedding?"

Every woman dreamed of marrying a man that loved them, Dara thought. She was still trying to come to terms with that; still reeling from the fact that just a week ago she had expected she would someday marry Jaejoong and live happily ever after. Now she'd made a deal with the devil, she'd signed her life away for money; for her family's happiness.

The devil had been generous with her though; he had agreed to keep her parents in the dark about their arrangement. He was investing money in the business as a private backer. Her parents would still have their pride and would be blissfully unaware that their daughter was entering into a loveless marriage for them. For that she was grateful.

Jiyong had met her family yesterday, specifically to ask Dara's father for her hand in marriage. He'd easily convinced both her mother and her father that their relationship was a whirlwind romance that had taken both of them by surprise, and that he was smitten.

Jiyong had played the part so well that Dara had had to remind herself that none of it was real. The way he kept his arm around her all night and looked at her as if she was the only person in the room had put aside any concerns her parents may have had in the beginning.

Of course after Jiyong had left, her parents asked her what happened with Jaejoong. She told them it was over. She did not tell them that Jaejoong hated her now and would probably never speak to her again. She'd never felt lower than the day she told Jaejoong she was going to marry his brother.

"You're marrying him? Him? You're obviously more of a gold digger than I thought you were."

"Jae, how could you think such a thing of me?"

"You planned this all along didn't you? It was never me you were interested in. I'll bet you orchestrated our whole meeting and relationship so you could sink your hooks into my brother. I thought you were different from the others."

"It wasn't like that Jae."

"Wasn't it? What was it like then?"

She couldn't answer him. What could she possibly tell him that would change his perception of her, or make him feel better? She felt helpless against the onslaught of emotions and insults he was throwing at her.

"Am I expected to believe that you and my brother are in love? My brother loves no-one. Not since Sohee. If you think he'll ever love you, you're delusional. Perhaps though, that is exactly what you deserve."

Who was Sohee? Jiyong had told her he'd been in love once; that it had not ended well. Was Sohee the woman that had made Jiyong vow never to love again? She wanted to ask Jaejoong what had happened, but he was looking at her so cold and accusingly, she didn't think that the question would go down well right now.

"With me you could have had love and marriage. We would have been happy together. You won't find that with Jiyong. Jiyong cares for no-one but himself. He's flicked the switch; turned off his emotions. He doesn't want to feel anything."

Jaejoong paced the floor in front of her.

"He's just using you to get back at me, you know. Sohee preferred me to him. He's never got over that. That's all you'll ever be to him, the woman he took from me."

Was she just a pawn in the Kwon brother's game? He stopped and looked at her.

"Has he told you that you look like her? There are some slight differences, but you're almost a dead ringer for Sohee."

She looked like the woman who had broken Jiyong's heart? That didn't bode well for her, did it?

"I would feel sorry for you, but a woman who marries for money gets exactly what she deserves; a husband who doesn't give a about her. Good luck with that, Dara. I hope you'll be very, very unhappy."

Then he'd just left her there. She wanted to crawl into the corner, curl up and cry. What would that achieve though? Things were what they were. Her relationship with Jaejoong was over now. She would never have her happy ever after with Jaejoong, and from what he'd told her, she wouldn't have one with Jiyong either.

"Dara," Jiyong said sharply.

"Hmmm," what had he asked her?

"I said, doesn't every woman dream of her perfect wedding?"

"These aren't exactly normal circumstances, Jiyong. You've given me one month to organize a wedding. I have no idea where to start."

She admitted to this feeling slightly foolish. Jiyong was perhaps in need of someone a little more worldly than she as a wife. She hoped she would not be an embarrassment to him.

"I thought you might say that," he told her. "That's why I've brought in help."

Dara sat up a little bit straighter in her chair, as he dialled out on his phone, "Minzy, send in Chaerin."

A moment later a beautiful brunette entered the room. Chaerin smiled warmly at Jiyong, and when he returned her smile just as warmly, it left Dara feeling a little cold. By the way he embraced Chaerin and kissed her on the cheek, they knew each other well. Dara wondered if they'd slept together.

"Dara," Jiyong turned to her, "This is Chaerin, the best personal assistant anyone could ever ask for."

"I wouldn't go that far," Chaerin said to Dara.

"I would," Jiyong said, continuing to grin at her. "It's not every PA that would cut their European vacation short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter