Chapter 3

Locked In A Loveless Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

poster thanks to Sooheelocker of sooheelocker poster request shop!!

 

Disclaimer: First and foremost THIS STORY IS NOT MINE. This story is written by LoveEpicLove  of  fanfiction.net and is originally a DELENA fic. I am merely changing the names and some settings to fit the new characters. I am posting this with the original writer's permission.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

"No, something is definitely missing," Jiyong told Dara.

 

He walked in a slow circle around her, tapping his chin with his index finger. He was dressed in a black suit, dark blue shirt and black and blue striped tie.

 

"What do you mean something is missing?" Dara asked, trying to keep the irritation out of her voice.

 

She'd just spent hours getting ready for their rehearsal dinner, and she was absolutely certain that she wasn't missing anything! She walked over to the full length mirror in her bedroom, to take yet another look. Her hair was falling in soft waves around her perfectly made face. Her dress was one that she'd spent hours searching for. Finally she'd settled on a brightly patterned blue and green gown that fell just above the knee. Her strappy sandals went with it perfectly. She knew Jiyong liked the dress, because his eyes had lit up when he saw her in it.

 

Jiyong walked up behind her until she could feel the heat of his body through the thin material of her dress. She watched in the mirror, as out of his hand swung a diamond pendant on a black choker necklace. She gasped with surprise as her eyes met his in the mirror.

 

"I thought you might need something to go with that enormous rock on your finger," he told her. He swept all of her hair to one side, and a shiver went through her as his hands fastened the choker around her neck.

 

The past month had been just like this. He was always surprising her with gifts and outings to the theater or a charity event. At first she had enjoyed them, believing he was attempting to court her, believing that he was beginning to care for her as more than just his future wife of convenience.

 

Then they'd gone shopping for her engagement ring. She hadn't wanted anything too flashy or ostentatious; however, Jiyong had insisted she have something big and visible. He told her, "You're mine Dara. I want people to see this and think of me."

 

She'd realized then that his gifts were a form of branding. Each thing she wore of his; every adornment was meant to tell the world she belonged to him. Kwon Jiyong owned her and he saw her simply as his possession. She was his property, and that was all there was to it. The thought infuriated her. She was not some acquisition; she was a person, whether he was marrying her for convenience or not.

 

"Do you like it?" he asked her now, his eyes on hers in the mirror.

 

For a moment she thought she saw uncertainty in his eyes, but that was ridiculous. Kwon Jiyong wasn't the uncertain type. He was a predator in the business world and in his personal life he was just as ruthless. Any man, who asked his brother's girlfriend to marry him when she was in such a highly vulnerable position, could only be described as ruthless.

 

"It's stunning. Thank you." The word stunning didn't come close to encapsulating the beauty of the diamond she was wearing around her neck; but it was better than throwing the thing in his face and telling him she'd changed her mind about marrying him.

 

Their wedding was tomorrow, and she was absolutely certain that she did not want to go through with it. She was equally certain, however, that she would marry him anyway. Her family's debt had been settled in its entirety. All that was left was for her to uphold her end of their bargain. She did not think he would take kindly to her backing out now.

 

"We should go," she told him, "that is, if I meet with your approval now?"

 

There was a slight edge to her voice when she asked the question. She knew he heard it when he raised one eyebrow.

 

"Have I done something wrong, Dara?" he asked her.

 

"No, of course not. It's just that the dinner starts at seven, and I want to be there on time."

 

He gave her a look that told her he didn't believe it, and for a moment she thought he would argue with her but instead he dropped the matter. "Let's go then."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once they were downstairs she noticed her family had already gone.

"I sent your parents and Sanghyun off with Daesung tonight. I thought they might all enjoy the luxury of a chauffeured car for the night."

 

She hated it when he made her feel like one of his possessions; but she hated it even more when he was thoughtful and sweet. She wanted to hold on to the anger because it was safer. If she had to marry this man who insisted that love was no part of their deal, then anger and rage were far more useful to her than appreciation and like.

 

"Thank you," she said quietly. "That was thoughtful of you." She saw his smirk as he held the front door open for her. "If Daesung isn't taking us, then who is?" she asked him.

 

"Me," he told her, throwing his keys in the air and then catching them. "Unless you want to drive?"

 

Dara took in the black Lamborghini in front of her, and shook her head.

 

"No? Maybe next time then." He looked thoroughly amused as he opened the door for her.

 

Her heart literally flew into as they sped out of the driveway. The car fitted him to a tee. It was sleek, y and powerful.

 

"I'm thinking this isn't exactly a family car," she told him. She watched him change gears.

 

He laughed and looked at her. "Nope, just our chariot for the night."

 

"So," he said to her after a minute.

 

"So," she said back.

 

"Big day tomorrow."

 

Was this why he was driving? Did he want to make sure she wasn't going to back out?

 

"Mm-hmm," was the only response she gave him.

 

"No cold feet?" he asked her now.

 

She could feel his eyes on her, and she wished that he would watch the road instead of her considering the speed they were going.

 

"I signed the contract, Jiyong. I am going to marry you," she sighed. She glanced at him and he nodded once as if to say, 'okay then'.

 

Within minutes they were at the hotel where the rehearsal dinner was taking place. Jiyong handed his keys to the valet, tipped him, and then put his arm around Dara. As they walked into the function room, where their close friends and family were waiting, Dara was well aware that they must have looked every part the happy couple.

 

What a farce, she thought, what a deception. Should she be worried, that she had so easily managed to convince every one of her friends and family members that this was what she wanted and that she couldn't wait to be married? Only her friend from college, Gummy, had questioned her about her choice, about whether this was what she wanted. Everyone else assumed that she was happy. She'd successfully pulled off the glowing bride-to-be.

 

The room started to swim a bit before her eyes, as people flocked to them. She would survive this, she thought, she would get through this. She wasn't a victim here; this was her choice. She was choosing to marry Jiyong. Yes, to save her family, and yes there hadn't been any other choice that she could think of; but it was still her choice. She took the glass of champagne that someone offered her and drank it quickly, enjoying the sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter