Im YooNa

SURROGATE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Busan)

 

‘KRIIIIINGGG’ sound of the alarm cracks the silent of the dawn inside the small house at the fishing village. A young lady wakes up from her sleep and instantly goes to the kitchen and cook some rice, soup and grilled some fish for breakfast. While waiting for the rice to be cooked, she wash up and change into a proper clothes. She put all the food on the make shift table in the kitchen and cover them up.

 

Before she leave the house, she wakes her foster brother, Lee Jong Hyun. He works as a fisherman and he needs to go out to the sea early.

 

“Oppa, it’s almost 4.30 am. Wake up or you’ll be late.” The young man jolts up from his sleep and quickly go to the bathroom to wash up. “Don’t forget to eat before you go, ok. Kanda.” She reminds him before going out from home for her morning job, Milk Delivery.

 

The young lady name is Im Yoo Na. She lives at the coastal fishing village with her foster family which consists of an old lady she called halmeoni and the lady’s grandson named Lee Jong Hyun.

 

The two of them has been Yoona’s foster family eversince her parents passed away 15 years ago. Her adoptive parents. Yoona is an orphan who is abandoned in an orphanage. She never know who her birth parents are all that she knew is she has a necklace with a heart shape pendant and on the pendant is her name. Yoo Na. That’s the only thing she knew about her parents. Her name is given by them. That’s it.

 

Her parents adopted her since baby and they moved to Busan when they were transferred there. Both of them are teachers. Since they do not have a child of their own, they love Yoo Na unconditionally. Yoo Na had a great childhood. She is well educated and she excels in her extra curricular activities too. But, everything turns south when they died in car accident and no one wants to takes her in. Her parents’ relatives never consider her as their bloodline because her origin is unknown. That’s what they said when the social worker trying to find a new home for her. Luckily, halmeoni willing to take her in. Halmeoni used to be a helper at her house. She cooks and cleans for her when her parents are away.

 

At the time of the accident, she was under halmeoni’s care. Witnessing her being push around from one family to the other, halmeoni felt bad for her and decided to take care of her. Eventhough she can’t give her wealth, but Yoona is happy because other than her parents, the one who genuinely love her is halmeoni. That’s how she starts to love with them.

 

Halmeoni already raising her grandson on her own when her son lost in the sea. Jong Hyun’s mother died during childbirth and his father lost in the sea when he was four. He is a year older than Yoona, so that makes him her oppa.

 

Eventhough they are poor, but Yoona feels happy growing up with them. Halmeoni raise her well. She makes sure she can go to school and there are food on the table. Most important is she is being loved.

 

Yoona is a smart student. She always scores in her examination and a model student in her school. Probably she inherits that from her educator parents. She got many scholarship offers but luck is not on her side when her grandmother is diagnosed with cancer not long after she finishes her college entrance exam.

 

Being a considerate person, she put her plan to further studies on hold to take care of her halmeoni and to earn money for her treatment. She rejected all the scholarship offers from good universities which makes her teachers in school disappointed with her decision. But, according to her, she can always continue her study later but she only one halmeoni and if she didn’t get her halmeoni treated, she might loose her and will never have her back. So, she sacrificed her future and choose to work and earn for a living. She even asked halmeoni used the money both of them save up for her tertiary education for the surgery. Her grandmother refused at first but Yoona insist and even promised to pay back those money.

 

Having no tert

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter