Shattered

What's broken can be fixed

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this, all comments and constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated :) I have to apologise for how short this chapter is but I will be back soon with more as soon as my exams are done so stay tuned! 


 

Byulyi sighed, she was tired. Tired of all the gossiping, all the stares, and all this weeding. A week has passed now since the incident and things between herself and Yongsun were still awkward. Byulyi made every effort to avoid bumping into Yongsun at school, and in the occasion they did bump into each other, she would always avoid Yongsun's fiery gaze. She did her best to ignore all the rumours, but it was quite difficult when they involved her. She had filled Wheein and Hyejin in on what had happened the night after her idealised image of Yongsun shattered, leaving out no details – except for when she had been admiring Yongsun's face in the cleaning cupboard. That they didn't need to know.

 

She sat down and threw several weeds to the side in a huff of frustration, "What's with all these weeds?!"

 

A voice then called out to her, "Hey! Get off your and start weeding!"

 

"Yes ma'am!" Byulyi quickly stood up and mockingly saluted. "You know Chaeyeong, I know you're a workaholic when it comes to gardening, so how come there's so many weeds here?" whined Byulyi as she picked at the populous weed patch.

 

"That's because that patch is reserved for those who are stupid enough to take the blame for others," Chaeyeong answered, her eyes still glued to the potted plant she was tending to.

 

"Ugh, was it that obvious?"

 

"To the fan clubs I guess not, but I've known you for quite a while now unfortunately. Honestly, I find it hilarious that they view you as some kind of prince."

 

"Aww don't be rude, your flowers might wilt from too much negative energy."

 

"The only negative energy here is coming from you," retorted Chaeyeong, "I'm going to check on some of my other plants so be a good kid and keep weeding."

 

Byulyi stuck her tongue out at Chaeyeong's retreating figure. Their parents were friends and her family have always bought their flowers from Chaeyeong's family shop, so they've known each other since they were little. Byulyi and Chaeyeong had remained close despite their differing interests in dance and botany respectively. Eventually, Byulyi fell into a rhythm of pulling up and discarding the weeds. She allowed her mind to wander as her body automatically reacted. Her thoughts once again drifted back to Yongsun's words during her angry accusation and the way she had reacted so negatively to the incident piqued Byulyi's interest.

 

"Hmm... I wonder why..." she mused out loud.

 

"Why what?"

 

Byulyi jumped in surprise and looked up to find Wheein and Hyejin grinning at her.

 

"Well hello hello, what have we got here? It's the prince of our school! Look at how bravely she's battling against this overgrown patch of vegetation!" teased Hyejin, her grin widening at the look of anguish on Byulyi's face.

 

Beside her, Wheein giggled then hit Hyejin lightly on the arm, "Let's not too much, it's not really her fault."

 

"Not her fault? Have you seen how this flamboyant grease ball acts around our classmates? Just be grateful I'm here to shield you from this young Wheein," exclaimed Hyejin, patting Wheein on the head affectionately.

 

"Right, so you've just come here to laugh at me. Go on, laugh it up," scowled Byulyi, her friends could be seriously annoying at times. "Also, isn't Wheein older than you? If she's young are you meant to be baby Hyejin then?" she added.

 

Hyejin waved her hand dramatically in front of her, "Gosh Byul, these are serious times stop joking about so much. But on a more serious note, you look shattered. All this work better be worth it."

 

"Yeah I hope so too. It's just been really bothering me and regardless of the result, I can't let things go on like this," said Byulyi determinedly.

 

"I just hope you know what you're doing," piped up Wheein, handing a small envelope over, "Here you go, we're here to help if you need anything."

 

"Thanks guys, you're the best!"

 

"Yeah we know, you better treat us to chicken or else!" called Hyejin as the two of them went on their way.

 

Byulyi gripped the envelope tightly and muttered to herself, "What's broken can be fixed. You can do this." It was time to put her plan in action.