Chapter 4

Family of Three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for taking long to update, and thank you for waiting :)
Here is a little progress~~

 

 

4


 

“For this situation,” Eunseo started after saying that his answer was good, accepting his answer and not minding it at the very least. “We can try to tell the child that they aren't wrong, that they have their own reason to run away from home, which from your explanation you have done well. We need to ask whether the child want to go home or not, if she wants to, you will need to send her back to her family. But, if not, we need to mediate this situation with her parents, as we try to find a place where the child can stay safely.”

“Do you need us to help you finding it, Chanyeol-ssi?” She asked carefully, as much as she wanted Chanyeol to provide the space for the girl because the girl was apparently trusting him already with her information, she couldn't burden the man. But even though he refused, she could ask the shelter or volunteer to give the girl a place to stay.

“Uhhm.” Glancing at the girl, Chanyeol felt conflicted again. “I think my apartment can provide her some place. She can stay here if she wants to.”

“I'm glad to hear that, Chanyeol-ssi.” Eunseo smiled in relief, glad that the man was willing to cooperate. Some cases she had taken care of the children was sent away to the shelter and most found it had to trust again.

“Ah yeah..” He responded unsurely before asking. “Then, what happen afterward?”

Readily, Eunseo picked up the explanation again. “Once we're sure that the girl is in a safe place, we will have to inform the parents that their child doesn’t feel safe with them and they aren’t allowed to meet the child in the temporary home. Most of the parents won’t agree to this. But, we usually try to mediate with them, explaining to them that their way of raising their child is harming the child either physically or mentally.”

“From there, we will find a way to solve this. If the parents doesn’t want to lose their children, we can help by guiding them them through this. But otherwise, if something bad happens, we resorts to legal act by law.” The counsellor explained carefully, mindful of it word by word to make sure no wrong interpretation. “But for Chinsun's situation, we can’t really help much. Her parents don’t neglect her completely. It will be hard to raise this against them.”

“If…” The tall man started nervously, he didn't know if this was the right thing to ask, but, a little tug at the back of his mind needing him to get the answer. “But, what if the parents doesn’t want to take them back?” Not that he wanted it that way, but, just in case, he wanted to be ready for any outcome.

Eunseo paused for a moment of contemplation, thinking for any reasons why Chanyeol asked that question. This was not the first time she explained it as a counselor, but this was certainly Chanyeol’s first time knowing it, so she explained even more carefully and cautiously, whatever Chanyeol’s reason was. “If that’s the case, we’ll need to go through law and kindly ask the parents to give their right over the children. And the child will be either adopted or put in orphanage.”

Swallowing the silence lump inside his throat, Chanyeol thought about it, his grip on his phone getting tighter and so did his jaw tensing. Eunseo didn't say anything as she waited, probably understand what was going through Chanyeol’s mind, and she didn't let out any particular sound when Chanyeol finally answered, his voice ridden by obvious distress.

“I’ll talk with Chinsun first. She has the right to know and choose.”

“Yes, that’ll be favorable.”

The man could hear the smile on her voice and he felt a bit relieved after hearing that. “Thank you for your help.”

“We thank you too. If not for you, Chinsun may not able to get the help she deserves. We’ll do our best to help you two. You can call us back anytime.”

Ending the call, Chanyeol finally realized how tense he was during the call. He also noticed his hand was clammy once he put his phone down on the table and that the room felt stuffy because of his nervousness.

Turning his gaze to Chinsun who was still sleeping tight on the sofa, Chanyeol fortified his resolve and woke the girl up. There were a lot of things he had to talk to with lots of people, his family, friends and also Yifan. But first, he had to talk with Chinsun about it all before he decided the next step.

 

Talking to Chinsun wasn't easy. Despite her maturity, she was still a little girl, a mere seven years old girl who needed the love, care and protection from her parents. The girl teared up when Chanyeol told her who he had just called and for what purpose.

Unexpectedly, the girl was very calm about it, she didn't protest when Chanyeol told her about the call and that she could live in his apartment for a while. But, after Chanyeol explained about what could happen and go wrong, she finally realized that there was a big chance that she might not able to be with her parents again.

He had guessed that she would be unsettled by it, but he never expected that the little girl would cry just like Eunseo had warned before the call ended, thinking that it was her fault if her parents would be reported to the police. She even said that if she didn’t do bad thing, her parents would love her just like any other parents.

Her cries hurt Chanyeol, it saddened him because he wanted to help the girl out of her unhealthy life with his parents. He thought that the girl would be willing to depart from her parents, but he found bitterly that the girl was still latching heavily onto his parents. That she was blaming herself for what happened to herself.

It was hard for Chanyeol to convince her otherwise, but he did and he could stop the crying and the self blame a little, after long train of comforting words and what sounded like empty promises, him would take care of her and that he would love her and anything to convince her that she would be alright even though she wasn’t with her parents. Those were dirty tricks and baseless pledge, Chanyeol wasn’t even sure if he could take her in nor his families and boyfriend would agree with him. But Chanyeol was true to himself, even though he didn’t know much about the girl, he really wanted to help and save her. That much was enough, right?

In the end, for whatever reasons Chinsun had in her mind for her decision, she said that she didn't want to go back home.

 

After his talk with Chinsun to and calming her down, Chanyeol gave a call to his mom, relaying the decision made between him and the girl to her, but after asking “Just.. what if… what if I adopt her?”

To say that his mom was shocked was a complete understatement, she went silent completely when Chanyeol finished asking it and there was no sound whatsoever from her side of the call. Hearing the sharp inhale, he could guess that she had a lot of things to be said but couldn’t voice it out because they got tangled under her tongue. In the end, she only loudly said, “What?”

Coughing onto his fist, Chanyeol tried to explain. “I know that you want a child from me, but because I can’t give you one, I guess I can adopt one.”

His explanation seemed to help his mother on what she wanted to say. But still it was really a shock to her unexpecting mind. “I… I don’t know. Have you talked with the Child Centre? What did they say? Can you even adopt her?”

“There will be lots of process need to be done, but if things go bad with her family, I may have the chance.” Chanyeol explained briefly and asks his mother again about it.

His mom took long time and Chanyeol could understand it, he was willing to let her think about it further

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter