Chapter 2

Family of Three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


2

 

Laughter was still ringing from Chanyeol as they walked toward the cafe a block from his apartment. To be exact, Chanyeol walked with the girl holding onto his shoulders as he held her carefully in his arms.

“Please stop that.” Chinsun, the girl had introduced himself some minutes ago, whined embarrassedly at the tall man. Her blood rushed to her cheeks as he continued laughing softly.

Grinning at the girl, Chanyeol said. “I'm sorry. But..” The man bursted out another laugh and that got himself some weak punches to his chest which didn't particularly stopped him to find the situation some moments ago very funny.

 

“What's your name?” Chanyeol asked softly, his smile wide and kind filled with genuine curiosity as he looked at her.

The girl glanced down at him, seeing him stayed down on the floor instead of standing up. Burying onto the stuffed doll, she muttered something which Chanyeol couldn't hear clearly.

Because of that,the man leaned forward over the coffee table and inquired. “What is it?”

“..chinSun.” She muttered again, but this time a bit louder and Chanyeol could hear the last syllable clearly.

“Minsun?” He asked for confirmation, turning his face to the side a bit and leaning forward as if the mere centimeters of the decreasing gap between them mattered to how well he could hear the other.

Hearing the wrong name, the girl looked up from Ace’s crown and said louder. “Chinsun.” Accompanying her answer, a loud grumble announced someone's need for breakfast.

 

“Sorry. But it was so cute.” Grinning at the girl who pouted at him, Chanyeol patted her stomach. “Now, let's fill up this baby.”

Getting into the cafe, Chanyeol was a bit surprised when he saw that there were several groups of young fathers and their children occupying almost half of the cafe. Standing in the queue line, Chanyeol looked around the cafe and wondered if it had became a trend for a father to take care of their child because of certain Sunday father-kid show.

“Hello. What would you like to order?” A female voice asked him cheerfully and Chanyeol stepped out from his daze to look at the worker before glancing up to find a breakfast menu for the both of them.

“I want an Americano and… Chinsun what do you want?” Chanyeol asked without looking at the girl in his arms as he looked at the breakfast menu. Should they have pancake? He thought, considering the breakfast menu the cafe provided.

The girl didn't give much response beside an “I don't know.”

Looking at the girl before glancing to the beverage lists to find something the girl might want, Chanyeol asked again. “Do you want orange juice?”

Chinsun didn't answer right away, she was silent until Chanyeol looked at her again. “Yes.” She said shortly. “Anything is fine.”

“Then, an Americano, orange juice and 2 mix sandwiches set.” Engrossed in ordering for both of them, thinking gladly that Chinsun wasn't a picky eater, Chanyeol didn't notice the uncomfortable look on her face as he put Chinsun down beside him while they waited for their order to be finished.

After taking the seats near the window, Chanyeol placed the plates of sandwiches in the middle of the table, one placed closer to him and the other -he made sure that it was- in Chinsun’s reach area.

Sipping his morning coffee, he asked the girl who held a piece of egg sandwich with both hands. “Chinsun-ah, how old are you?”

She swallowed her little bite before answering, raising her right hand with three fingers folded. “Seven.”

Nodding while doing a little calculation relating to school in his head, Chanyeol asked with a mouthful. “What grade are you in?”

Frowning at the older man, Chinsun scolded him. “Ahjussi. Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

Laughing, Chanyeol nodded again after swallowing. “Okay okay. Sorry. So, Chinsun, what grade are you in?”

“I'm in second grade.”

“Which school?” He asked but before the girl could answer, someone interrupted them.

A man with wide grin knocking the glass window and when he got Chanyeol’s attention, he waved at him from behind the glass window. Chanyeol, in reflex, waved back at his friend who even though he couldn't hear his voice, was calling his name.

“Ya! Baekhyun-ah.” Chanyeol called back happily, motioning the other to come inside the cafe and instantly, Baekhyun was sitting with them, pulling a free seat to their table for two.

“Who is this pretty girl?” Baekhyun asked as soon as he plopped down on the seat, his hand pinching the girl's cheek in adoration.

“Chinsun-ah, introduce yourself, this is my friend.” Chanyeol said, pointing at Baekhyun with his pinky as his other fingers were cradling the sandwich.

The girl her seat and bowed a little toward Baekhyun. “Hello. My name is Chinsun.”

“Woah! She is more polite than my niece!” Baekhyun claimed in surprise before composing himself to reply Chinsun’s introduction. “Hello, Chinsun-ah. My name is Baekhyun.”

“Nice to meet you, ahjussi.” The girl said again but this time her respond made grimace visiting Baekhyun’s face.

“Don't call me, ahjussi. I'm too young to be called that.”

Hearing that, Chanyeol made a face. “What are you talking about? We are almost 30.”

“But I'm not married yet.”

“And you have already had a niece. She calls you ahjussi too right?”

“That’s because she is my niece.”

Baekhyun pouted but Chanyeol ignored him, choosing to continue his breakfast with Chinsun. His friend who didn't like to be ignored, came up with another question. “Did you finally manage to knock Yifan up?”

Slamming his hand on Baekhyun’s mouth because of his unfiltered choice of words, Chanyeol said. “Ya! There is a child here.”

“What is knocking up?” Chinsun asked with curiosity. “Is it like knocking the door?” Her hand raised to knock a nonexistent door in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter