Episode 5 "Alluring Smile (Canon)"

"Please, Hold Me."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the shoot location, “Ok, good take everyone.” The music video director shouted and everyone complimented each other for a job well done. “Ms. Bae Irene, the shooting for your music video was impressive and your acting has improved a lot.” the director complimented Irene as he gave a clap for her. “Thank you, gamdong-nim.” Irene said as she plastered a smile on her face. “You should take your rest then.” The director told Irene as he excused his self; Irene bowed at him and off she goes.

Irene went inside the dressing room assigned for her and saw no one inside then she took a seat. ‘So tired’ Irene thought as she stretched her legs and arms then the door opens and Wendy step in. “How’s the mv shooting?” Wendy asks as she approaches Irene who then fixed her seating position. “Of course, it’s a job well done.” Irene replied boastfully as she looks at her. “Ok then. Ah~ by the way, here” Wendy giggled slightly then hand an envelope to Irene. “What’s this?” Irene took the envelope, “The photoshoot” Wendy said then Irene opens it and takes a look at the pictures. “The photos this time come out quite well. Each one of them looks good.” Wendy said as Irene scans the photos and continues on, “I don’t know which one I should pick, look and give me some suggestions.” Wendy said then gazed at her.

Irene smiled as she looks each photos, “That’s right; each one was taken quite well” Irene agreed to her. “Your friend looks like he’s not in this business at first glance however, he has an ascetic aura and his look is not too bad either which made you look more y. I think in the future we can collaborate with him a few more times.” Wendy said making Irene smiled a little and continues on, “Of course, as long as he doesn’t hit you” Wendy laughed at the last part causing Irene to blush a little as she holds her left cheek, “That’s right”

“We need to select a few more photos, then we can send them to the album editor.” Wendy told Irene then she looks at her. Irene takes a look again at the photos, “Wendy-nim, these few photos.” Irene selects some photos and showed it to her, “I want to keep them for memory.” “Go and take them” Wendy smiled as she said to her. “You haven’t taken a liking to him, have you?” Wendy asks curiously as Irene sent a dagger eyes on her. “How come I haven’t seen you keep photos in the past?” Wendy said in a teasing way causing Irene to quiet down her by making a “Shhh…” sound then the two looks at each other and both giggled.

~~~~~~

 

Irene POV

Wendy left the room as soon as the producer called her up, I looks at the photos once again and a smiled form on my face. “I’ll better texted Chanyeol.” I said out of nowhere as I grabbed my phone and message him.

            Phone Text Message

            Meet me at the Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do bus stop tomorrow. See you.

Then I pressed send as I put down my phone on the table and then look at myself in the mirror. “Focus, Bae Irene” I said to myself as I raise my right hand and make a hwaiting gesture.

~~~~~~

At a nearby café near the shoot location, Irene went inside and saw her older sister Tiffany seated at the last table waving at her. Irene approach and take a seat in front of her then the two ordered their drinks. “So, how is Irene doing?” Tiffany asks as she stirs her strawberry juice then looks at Irene. “Good” Irene replied back then takes sip on her watermelon shake. “Say, it’s already been quite a long time since you left home, shouldn’t you reconsider and move back home? Dad is worried about you, too, considering current situation.” Tiffany said in a worried tone.

Irene looks at the window then face Tiffany as she sighed deeply, “If I go home, don’t I have to hold some old lady’s hand again?” Irene burst as she pouted then continues, “I won’t go. I recently don’t even have an appetite.”Irene blurted out as she looks down on her drink. “No appetite? What’s going on?” Tiffany asks in a demand way as she gives a dagger look on her sister. Irene looks at Tiffany as she plastered an I’m-caught-on-face expression on her face and then eventually started telling her the story.

After a long minute of Irene telling the story, Tiffany finally burst out “What did you say? Are you out of your mind? You want to touch that man next door with a severe case of haphephobia?” Tiffany said a little bit loud as she scolded Irene then she continues on, “and you want to pretend to like him?” Tiffany ended as she made a scolding hand gesture; Irene slightly turns her gaze down as she answered Tiffany, “I… I don’t know what’s wrong but beside him, I don’t have an appetite for anyone else.” Irene said as she looks at her older sister softly. Tiffany was taken a back on her sister explanation, “I will call Dad right now.” Tiffany blurted out as she was about to call their dad. “Wait, Eonnie!” Irene raises her voice as she holds Tiffany’s arm to prevent her from calling their dad.

“Save me. If Dad finds out, I will get punished.” Irene pleaded with her puppy eyes. “When you asked me about haphephobia, I knew you were going to cause trouble.” Tiffany said in a matter of fact voice as she eyed her sister. “Anyways, the thing has already come to this situation. Help me, please.” Irene said with a worried look on her face then continues on, “I think there must be a way to treat his haphephobia. I have read some books lately and I’m meeting up with him tomorrow.” Irene told her older sister as she place her both arms on the table then puts her head on it as she eyed Tiffany.

“Bae Irene, please wake up” Tiffany yelled at Irene with a slightly angered look on her face then continues on. “Focusing on one target, just because of his special taste… This is ridiculous, you know?” “But I’m not interested in anyone else except him; I don’t know what’s wrong either.” Irene sighed deeply and makes a sad face as she grabs Tiffany’s hand making her older sister to looks at her in disbelief. “It’s driving me crazy” Irene cried out causing Tiffany to stop her, “Don’t cry. I know, I’ll come up with a solution for you.” Tiffany gives up as she gazed at her sister.

“That guy next door… Mr. Cold?” Tiffany continues on as Irene interrupted her, “Really? You’re going to help me? You’re the best, Eonnie!” Irene burst out of joy causing Tiffany to form a smile on her face as she looks at her.

~~~~~~

At the apartment, Irene was facing back and forth on the hallway railing infront of Chanyeol’s door while eating a watermelon when Chanyeol step outside causing Irene to stops and face him.

“Chanyeol…” Irene shouted making Chanyeol to gaze at her, “What are you doing outside my door?” Chanyeol asks with his famous monotone voice. “I was waiting for you. Did you receive my message?” Irene asks then Chanyeol nodded. “Good, I know you have nothing going on tomorrow anyway, so I’ll take you somewhere.” Irene continues on. “I’m not going” Chanyeol answered back as he divert his gaze from her.

Irene plastered a serious look on her face as she show a scout promise sign. “Believe me, I promise to follow your orders and take you to a place with no people.” Chanyeol turns to look at her in shock and blurted out, “A place with absolutely no one.” Irene nodded in respond as she smiled at Chanyeol.

~~~~~~

 

At the Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do bus stop, Irene was waiting for Chanyeol to arrive. “I must be too early” Irene said as she looks at her watch then turn her head up and scans her surroundings.

After a minute of standing boredly, Irene saw Chanyeol from afar as he approaching her. Irene plastered a smile at Chanyeol as he stands infront of her, “So where are we going?” Chanyeol asks. Irene pointed out across the street causing Chanyeol to follows her gesture and when Chanyeol found out he just turns his head down in disbelief.

“It’s a weekday, so there aren’t many people. Not bad, right?” Irene said as the two stood infront of the Seoul Grand Park. “The problem with this place isn’t the amount of people. I’m not going.” Chanyeol turns his back and was about to leave when Irene stops him by placing her arm infront of him. “You dare? You don’t want your cd album anymore?” Irene teased Chanyeol making him to eye at her. “Let’s go” Irene steps ahead then turns around making Chanyeol to followed him along then the two walks inside the zoo park.

As the two stroll the area, Irene pointed out an animal causing Chanyeol to gaze at it. “Chanyeol, look!” Irene shouted out excitedly as she makes her way to the giraffe making Chanyeol to follow her. Irene smiled as she went closer to the giraffe while Chanyeol just stood at the back as he kept a distance to it after that the two stroll furthermore.

Irene and Chanyeol were walking side by side when he covers his nose with his left hand that has a glove on. “Why did we come to a place like this?” Chanyeol said out loud causing Irene to looks at him, “Don’t make that grumpy face. Don’t you like animals?” Irene asks as Chanyeol puts down his hand. “Of course, I like animals in pictures. Living animals will cause breathing and allergy problems plus their body textures will give you germ contamination.” Chanyeol told Irene as he explains in a smart way making Irene to stop her pace and face him. Chanyeol taken aback and looks at her, “So that’s why we came here” Irene said as she eyed Chanyeol then lean closer to him making Chanyeol to step back a little. “Didn’t I say I was going to cure your haphephobia?” Irene said softly as she looks at him persistently making Chanyeol to looks at her in discomfort then Irene walks ahead leaving Chanyeol in dazed as he swayed his head and followed her.

            Flashback of Irene and Tiffany conversation at the café yesterday

“There is a treatment called cognitive-behavioral therapy, I’ve told you before, his personality is due to an unknown trauma so to treat him, we should think in reverse.” Tiffany explains as Irene listens to her attentively then she continues on, “We should place him in a place filled which situations he would try to avoid” “You mean to go do things he doesn’t like?” Irene butted in as Tiffany stop in mid-way of her explanation.

            End of Flashback

Irene and Chanyeol take their seat along with a group of kids that are having an educational tour as they watch a sea lion doing some tricks. “Since we’re here, let’s take a good look” Irene said trying to persuade Chanyeol to take a look on the sea lion as she face front and claps her hand for the show. “I’m not looking. These are not as interesting as music sheets.” Chanyeol answered uninterestingly making Irene to looks at him. “What are you afraid of? Besides, they’re so far from you. It’s okay.” Irene assured him as she plastered a smile then faces the front. Chanyeol eyed Irene as he forms a half smile then looks infront.

After the sea lion show, the two went off and stroll the area. “After walking around, what do you think?” Irene asks Chanyeol as she looks at him then continues on, “There’s nothing wrong with just looking. It’s not that bad, right?” Irene said as Chanyeol stay silent not minding of answering her as Irene just smiled then face front. “Look!” Irene shouted all of a sudden as she saw a group of donkeys then ran off making Chanyeol to follows him again.

The two went closer to the fence to get a better look of the donkeys; Irene took a bucket of food to feed them then looks at Chanyeol. “Didn’t you say we would only look? I’m not feeding them” Chanyeol said as he crossed his arm and looks away. “We’re already here. It’d be a waste if you don’t experience it! Also you’re already wearing gloves. You just need to put some of this in your hand and feed them.” Irene points out as she holds a handful trying to give it to Chanyeol. “There’s too much contact. I’m not going to feed them.” Chanyeol insisted as Irene looks at him then thought of what her older sister Tiffany told her.

`When handling a man with a fixed way of thinking, you’ll find they are more concerned with the particulars instead of the whole picture. In this case, we must help them see the entire forest instead of just one tree, by doing this; we can help them overcome their uncertainties’ Irene sighed then speak up, “Haven’t you seen animations? The ponies in animations are like this very cute!” Irene charmingly told him as Chanyeol looks at her. “Try it!” Irene pleaded then open up her hand as she moves it towards Chanyeol’s open hand and gave him some.

Chanyeol nervously breathe as he received the food to feed them. “Come here, time to eat!” Irene happily said as she feed the donkeys, Chanyeol breathe deeply as he moves his hand filled with their food on the donkey’s mouth and the donkey ate it. “It’s eating!” Irene shouted in surprised as Chanyeol moves his hand away immediately then makes a painful look on his face then Irene caught him looking like that.

Chanyeol left hurriedly as Irene followed her behind then he throws the gloves on the trash bin and face Irene who suddenly stops on her pace. “We’ve seen everything already, can we leave?” Chanyeol irritatingly said. “Wait, I have one more place to go. We must go here! After we go, that will conclude this trip.” Irene pleaded making Chanyeol to eye her. “Let’s go” Irene went ahead; with no choice Chanyeol followed her again.

At the Bunny house, Irene squat down to caress a cute bunny as she holds their food on her left hand. “Why are we here?” Chanyeol asks as he stands in a distance away from the bunnies and Irene pretends to not hear him, “Chanyeol, these bunnies are so cute. Come touch them! Feel them. They will warm your heart. They’re so cute; they’ll make you feel better!” Irene said smilingly as she caresses a bunny. “No, I don’t like it” Chanyeol answered with his monotone voice making Irene to look at him then went back to the bunnies. “Rabbits are way cuter than donkeys. Feel them with your hands. Try it!” Irene said as she gaze at Chanyeol whose crossing his both arms and looks in other way.

“I’m not going to touch that” Chanyeol coldly said to her as Irene looks down and thought about what her older sister Tiffany told her.

`There is also another extreme method that is to force the person into his worst nightmare where he is unable to escape and must face it head on’ Irene stood up then went to the door and closed it causing Chanyeol a shock, “Why did you close the door?” Chanyeol asks as he started to panic, Irene spread out the animal food on the floor causing Chanyeol to step back, “Don’t throw it over here!” Chanyeol yelled at Irene as he tries to avoid any animal food on the floor, Irene blocks the door behind with her both arms on each side of the wall as she saw Chanyeol with a panic look on his face.

“Chanyeol, if you continue to avoid it. You won’t be able to overcome your trauma if you don’t face it! Just hang on for a while, okay?” Irene said trying to encourage Chanyeol and at the same time to calm him. Chanyeol gulped down heavily as he scrunch his eyes in discomfort and gazed at Irene, “Open the door, quickly! I need to get out!” Chanyeol pleaded as he shouts at Irene. “Chanyeol, just hold on for a bit more!” Irene stubbornly said as she stood still behind the door.

Chanyeol feeling in discomfort couldn’t take it anymore so he steps forward and went to face Irene as he holds her arm causing Irene to absorb his energy a little, Irene looks at her arm then to Chanyeol who’s gazing at him intensely. ‘He is holding my hand…’ Irene thought as she looks at Chanyeol in the eyes. “Move” Chanyeol blurted out as he pulls Irene and runs outside the bunny house causing Irene to follow him back.

~~~~~~

Chanyeol POV

“What are you trying to do?” I yelled at Irene as she followed me behind. “I’m sorry. I really didn’t think you would get scared by a rabbit!” Irene said as she kept up her pace. “I’m telling you, that is murder!” I told her angrily then I heard a giggle from her so I stop on my pace and turn around to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter