Episode 4 ‘Last Leaf Fall, L’apres-midi’

"Please, Hold Me."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the ERV company, inside the recording studio. Irene was recording a song for her upcoming album.

“Ok, good. Irene” the studio manager said in a microphone so that Irene can hear inside. Irene looks outside the glass window and smiled to them as she removes the head phone then went outside.

“Good work Irene, that’s all for today everyone.” The studio manager approach Irene then gave her thumbs up and left off. Irene gave a smile and went to Wendy, “Let’s go” Irene blurted out and the two leave the room.

Inside the waiting room, Irene lays down on the couch feeling exhausted because the recording took 3 hours and she’s really worn out. Wendy went to her and hand bottled water, Irene rise up then takes a seat so that Wendy can sit on and took the bottled water from her.

“You’re singing is great.” Wendy smiled and praised Irene as she looks at her, “Thanks manager-nim~” Irene teases playfully as she thanked Wendy for the compliment. Wendy slightly pouted as she gazed at Irene drinking suddenly, ‘Bae Irene, you silly one’ Wendy thought and a sweet smile form on her face.

A minute has passed; Wendy was browsing her phone when Irene asks a question out of the blue, “How do you impress a guy?” Wendy dazes and looks at Irene then she slightly laughed, “Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?” Irene looks at Wendy in confusion.

“Is it about the guy in the couple shoot before?” Wendy blurted out in a teasing way making Irene to startle a bit. “Of course not” Irene turns her faces up front to avoid an eye contact with Wendy and continues on, “A friend of mine just asks me.” Irene mentioned making Wendy to nodded back, “Okay, if you say so” Wendy said making a disbelief look on her face.

“So tell me. How?” Irene suddenly turns her head to Wendy as she waits for her answer making Wendy to form a smile. “uhmm… let’s see, I think you should find out on what he is interested off.” Wendy answered making Irene to nod back.

~~~~~

Irene POV

An hour passed then we heard a knock on the door, “Excuse me, Ms. Son. The producer wants to talk to you.” A staff opens the door and called out Wendy. “Ok, I will be there.” Wendy answered then the staff went off. Wendy stood up and looks at me, “I will leave you behind, Bye.” and she went off as I was left alone on the waiting room.

“Chanyeol’s interest? What could it be?” I blurted out as Wendy told me an hour ago. I tried hard to think of what he loves doing then something pops up in my head. “That’s right, the cd album. I almost forgot it.” I told myself as I slightly hit my head.

“So he likes classical music then let’s searches for a place that has one.” I get my phone and started browsing the net, after several minutes searching for a place something caught my interest, “Mind & Seoul Cafe… let’s see” I read then click it on to further find out what’s with it. “This coffee place has a nice and quiet atmosphere, plays classical music in their background and to top it their entire menu looks delicious, it’s the one.” I said as my eyes only focuses on their menu. “I’ll better message Chanyeol then.”

Phone Text Message

            ‘For our second date, meet me this 3 in the afternoon at Mind & Seoul Cafe. See you there.’

I pressed send as a smile form on my face. ‘I will not give up on you, Park Chanyeol’ I smirked as I thought about him then the door opens making me to snap back and saw Wendy step inside.

“So, how is it?” I ask her as she took a sit beside me on the couch, “Good, I guess.” Wendy answered as she let out a sigh and continues on, “He wants me to organize your album launch and fansign events.” Wendy told me and saw a tried look on her face as she mentioned it. “Hwaiting!” I cheered on and Wendy gave me her death glare.

“By the way, I have to go somewhere this afternoon. Is it ok?” I changed the subject before she attacks (hits) me. “You’re free this afternoon and onwards for they want you to rest.” Wendy answered and looks at me in curiosity. “Where are you going then?” she asks. “Uhmm… to unwind myself and find relaxation.” I said trying to avoid mentioning it to Wendy for she might tease me then Wendy laugh a little. “Ok, go find your relaxation then.” Wendy said then I stood up and went to the door and bid my farewell.

~~~~~

Chanyeol POV

At a music store in Cheongdam-dong, I was scanning a LP records to purchase for when my phone got a message. I look it up and saw [Stalker] on the screen, ‘What is she up to this time?’ I thought and bring out a deep sigh as I went to her message.

Phone Text Message

            ‘For our second date, meet me this 3 in the afternoon at Mind & Seoul Cafe. See you there.’

I read her text message and was I about to texted Irene back when I changed my mind. “I might have a headache if I replied back.” as I put my phone back in my coat then it hits me, “Of all coffee shop in Seoul, why in there?” I blurted out.

I thanked the driver and went out on the cab then saw the café on the other side. As I was taking my step, someone called my name and there she was at the bus stop standing still as she waved at me then I went to her.

“Why are you here?” I ask her in a cold tone then she plastered a sweet smile as she looks at me. “Waiting for you so that we can go inside together.” Irene answered then continues on, “Let’s go” then we went to the Mind & Seoul Café.

As we entered the café, the staff and Mr. Kim saw me and immediately greeted us. “Good afternoon sir and ma’am” the staff greeted and bowed at us then Mr. Kim approaches me. “Good afternoon, Master.” Mr. Kim greeted and bowed at me then I heard Irene, “Master?” Irene blurted out in confusion then I eyed Mr. Kim signaling him not to mention anything and Mr. Kim cleared his throat before giving his answer. “We called our male customer as master and miss for the female customer.” Mr. Kim said as he smiled at Irene and gave me a small giggle as he looks at me then Irene smiled back at him.

“We’d like a table for two please.” Irene told Mr. Kim as she showed a number two sign on her finger.

“We have a special room for two, if you please Miss, This way.” Mr. Kim said as he leads us the way. Irene looks at me as I gave her a cold look and she face front then followed Mr. Kim. ‘Don’t tell me, it’s that room’ I thought and followed them back.

As soon as Mr. Kim opens the door for us, Irene was in a daze as she saw the room then we step inside. “This room is so big and beautiful.” Irene said in wonder as she looks at me. ‘Of course, for it’s my private room after all.’ I thought to myself as I looked back at her.

“So glad that you like it Miss, then I will bring the menu.” Mr. Kim told us then Irene nodded back and went to take her seat, I smiled at Mr. Kim before he left the room.

I went to the table and saw Irene sat on my favorite spot near the window; Irene looks at me in wonder. “Why are you standing still? Is something wrong?” Irene asks and I just ignored her and take my seat infront of her. Irene eyes roam the room still amazed on what she saw. “I didn’t expect that they have this kind of room for it didn’t include in the website and when you look infront of the café you can’t even notice it.” Irene said and then looks at me, “Because the window is tinted.” I blurted out.

“How did you know?” Irene suddenly asks, I tap my head slowly trying to mention that she should use her brain and then points at the window. Irene followed and saw it, “Oh… you’re right, silly me.” she told herself in embarrassment then we heard a knock on the door and saw Mr. Kim holding a menu book.

He approaches us and gave the menu book, Irene took it and scans every page then she looks at me and I gestured her that she can choose what she likes. “Uhmm… what is your best selling drink?” Irene asks. Mr. Kim eyed me before answering Irene, “Blonde Roast”

“Ok then, two Blonde Roast, a slice of creamy watermelon pie and…” Irene said then she gazed at me. “That will be all” I said to Mr. Kim and he nodded. Irene smiled at Mr. Kim as she handed the menu book then he left off. ‘Blonde Roast, it’s not even on the menu.’ I thought as I saw Mr. Kim went out the room.

~~~~~

After Mr. Kim left, the atmosphere of the room become silent and then awkwardness followed up.

‘I hate this silence’ Irene thought to herself as she glimpse at Chanyeol, ‘Please coffee, hurry up.’ Irene then eyed the door hoping that this silence will soon disappear.

A minute has passed Mr. Kim opens the door as he pushes a cart along and went inside. Irene felt relieve as soon as she saw Mr. Kim.

“Two Blonde Roast and a slice of creamy watermelon pie.” Mr. Kim said as he puts the ordered food on the table. “Thank you” Irene smiled and thanked Mr. Kim while on the other hand Chanyeol nodded at him then Mr. Kim excused his self and left the room.

Irene took a sip of the coffee and found it good, Chanyeol saw Irene drinks then a slight smile formed on his face and took his cup of coffee.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter