I'll throw my Gucci

Play Pretend [Chanbaek]

"You know, if you hit your head against the desk one more time, you may end up killing even your last brain cell."

Chanyeol stops abruptly, his forehead as red as a tomato and his eyes teary.

"What should I do, Kyungsoo? Please tell me what to do, I'm begging you."

"The am I supposed to say?" Kyungsoo replies, as he begins to shove his textbooks into his bag. Their last hour before lunch break is almost over, and of course, Chanyeol's having a mental break down. "Look, it's not that deep. Just go and finish your assignment. That girl can wait."

"You guys talking about Dara again?"

Minseok's head pops up from the desk right behind Kyungsoo's, a questioning look painted all over his face. He's not really interested in the giant's love life to be completely honest, but he's also not really interested in math, and between the two options, having to listen to an 18 years old boy's constant whining seems just a little less painful.

"Yeah. But it's nothing serious. He just loves acting like a drama queen."

Chanyeol's head shots up, eyes wide open. 

"Nothing serious? Can't you see I'm suffering over here? Minseok, listen. If you had to choose between eating with your crush and finishing a really important assignment, what would you do? Be honest."

As soon as the younger finishes his sentence, Minseok raises one of his eyebrows.

"The assignment."

"Think about it for a second. You really really like this person and-"

"Yeah, the assignment."

Chanyeol bites his tongue, shifting his attention back towards Kyungsoo.

"And you? What would you-"

"The assignment."

It's at that point, that after a brief moment of silence between the three of them, Chanyeol slams his forehead against the desk once again.

", you guys just don't understand me!"

"Oh God, what are you, an angsty 15 years old?"

The taller glares at Kyungsoo, ready to come back with some sort of insult, but right after he opens his mouth, the bell rings, signaling the end of the lesson.

"Oh , , , what do I do? Do I go to the library? Do I go see Dara? You know what, I'm going to eat with Dara, I don't care about the assignment."

"Do it and I'll never talk to you again." Kyungsoo says, holding his friend's arm to stop him from leaving.

"He's right Chanyeol, that's the dumbest thing you could do. Just go get your paper done. You can talk with Dara tomorrow. Don't be an idiot for once."

Chanyeol looks at the ground, biting his bottom lip. Deep down, he knows he should listen to them, but his love-struck condition makes it really hard for his brain to function properly.

"Alright, I'll go finish it. Jesus Christ. Kyungsoo, please tell Dara I had something to do, okay?"

Kyungsoo sighs, crossing his legs and rolling his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. If I happen to see her I'll try and go talk to her."

The giant smiles, winking at him. 

"You're the best!" But just as he begins walking towards the door, a sudden thought pops up in his head. "Hold on, did you really have to call me an idiot? Aren't you supposed to be the kind and mature one, Minseok?"

Minseok shrugs, picking up his backpack and throwing it over his shoulder. "Sometimes I just can't help it. Now shut up and go do something useful."

The giant nods, and after a brief goodbye, he starts running -or, even better, walking extremely fast, since running in the hall isn't really allowed- towards the library, hands full of books and notes.

He doesn't really have a lot of time to finish his assignment, therefore he's probably going to have to bull his way through it, but at least that's better than handing in a completely blank piece of paper, right?

Right.

Chanyeol huffs, looking ahead for a second and making sure no one's around before quickly scanning all of the things he's holding, looking for something that could actually help him out with his work.

That is, until someone hits his shoulder, making him stumble and, ultimately, fall on his .

"" he whispers, and it takes him a second to realize that the other's person also on the ground holding his head with both hands, looking in extreme pain.

"Ouch, that hurt."

Chanyeol gets up first, ignoring him, and when he does, what he sees makes his blood boil. All of the books are scattered on the ground, his notes flying everywhere. It's just a mess, and most importantly, a huge waste of time.

And he doesn't exactly have a lot of time.

Not at all.

"What the dude, watch where you're going!" He roars, kneeling down to pick up everything as fast as humanly possible.

The other guy looks up at him with a confused -and slightly pissed- expression, hands falling to his sides as he stares at the giant frantically shoving handfuls of paper in his bag.

"Excuse me?" he says, trying to get the taller's attention "I wasn't the one walking while reading random ! It's your fault, you idiot!"

"Well if you weren't why did you still bump into me? Couldn't you just avoid me?"

The stranger opens his mouth and closes it again a few times, completely baffled by Chanyeol's rude attitude.

"Are you seriously trying to blame me for YOU being so damn careless? What a joke!"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, picking up the last few pages just as the stranger gets up from his spot.

"Whatever. Just get lost. I'm not in the mood for this and you're being annoying."

"I am being what?" Suddenly, the stranger pushes him, making him back away a few steps. "Try and say that again!"

"Hey! What the is wrong with you? Why did you push me?"

Chanyeol looks at the midget in disbelief, the thought of the assignment momentarily slipping away from his mind.

What, does he want to fight or something?

"I don't know, maybe because you're being an for no reason at all?"

"I am not! I'm wasting my time because of you!" Finally, he reminds himself that he has something more important to do than argue with some random guy in the hallway. "Listen, I have stuff to do. I'm done here. Bye."

The stranger grits his teeth, glaring as the giant turns around and runs up the stairs, not giving him even a single glance.

"Damn it! I hope whatever you have to do turns out like !" He screams, adjusting his now messy hair. What's wrong with people these days? Why was that idiot so rude? 

Deciding to just ignore it for the time being, the guy sighs, heading towards the cafeteria.

And just a few seconds after, a faint " you!" can be heard resonating through the stairs.

***

"Oh, look who we have here! Aren't you going to eat with your little friend today?"

Kyungsoo sighs, sitting down at the table with Minseok and glaring at the boy in front of him.

"Shut up Jongdae, don't even mention that idiot. I'll probably kill him in the next 24 hours if he doesn't stop doing dumb ."

Jongdae laughs, and Kyungsoo takes advantage of that brief distraction to wave at Jongin.

"Hey." He whispers, smiling at the younger.

"Hey." The other replies, his hand now just a little bit closer to Kyungsoo's.

"Come on, it can't be that bad, right?" Jongdae asks, interrupting what could have otherwise been a cute moment between the two.

"Oh it sure as Hell can, believe me. Minseok, you tell him, I'm too tired already of this whole story."

Minseok nods, beginning to explain everything to the other, who can't help but giggle every five seconds.

It's half-way through the narration that Kyungsoo's phone vibrates in his pocket, letting him know that he has recieved a new message.

 

From: Tall

-I swear to God, why does everything bad always happen to me?? What the Hell!!!-

 

The boy shakes his head, momentarily zoning out from the conversation his other three friends are having.

 

From: Kyungsoo

-What. What now. What happened.-

 

From: Tall

-This idiot just bumped into me in the hallway and not only that, he also shoved me and called me an !!!! How is that not the rudest thing ever?-

 

"Kyungsoo? What are you looking at?" Jongin asks, peeking at the older's phone.

Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes, setting the device aside for a second. 

"Nothing, give me only a second. He got in trouble again."

"Man, you really do sound like his mother." Jongdae says, snickering under his breath.

"Oh off Jongdae."

 

From: Kyungsoo

-You probably deserved it. Now do what you have to do and stop bothering me-

 

From: Tall

-Fine, fine. Ah! Remember to tell Dara that I couldn't make it!-

 

"." Kyungsoo looks up, towards the other side of the room. He kind of forgot about that. 

Luckily enough, she's still there, surrounded by her usual friends.

The only thing is, now there's a guy sitting at their table.

He knows he has seen him before, but it has been a while. Maybe he was sick or something. Either way, he doesn't really care that much.

"I have to do something. I'll be right back." Kyungsoo says, getting up from his seat.

 

From: Kyungsoo

-Yeah yeah, I'm going-

 

But the more he gets closer to the table, the more he starts to notice something.

The guy looks extremely pissed, with his hair all messed up and an outraged expression basically painted all over his face.

He's talking, and it doesn't sound like he's telling something pleasant.

Soon enough, Kyungsoo begins to be able to hear what he's saying.

"And like, he didn't even say sorry. He just said I was being annoying and that I need to be more careful or something. I mean, what the ? I wasn't the one reading in the middle of the hallway, was I? Plus, he had the nerve to walk off like nothing happened! That's...That's the rudest thing ever! Why do these things always happen to me? I come back to school and I bump into s right away. Great!"

"Gosh, he really does sound like a douche. I wonder who it is. I don't think I've ever ran into someone that salty."

"Lucky you then. I didn't know there were people like this in our school too. If I ever see him again he can bet his I'm going to throw my damn bag at him."

"You sure about that? I doubt you'll be willing to throw your Gucci at someone that annoying."

"Shut up Dara, you don't know what I'm capable of. Anyway, where's that friend of yours?"

"Uh? He didn't come. Maybe he had something to do..."

Kyungsoo stops in his tracks, mentally cursing his best friend.

This whole situation is just so unnecessary, but at the same time, he can't help but find it kind of funny.

It doesn't take a genius to make 2 plus 2.

And so, he decides to go back to his own table, a weird feeling beginning to form in the pit of his stomach.

 

From: Kyungsoo

-Hey, didn't you say you just bumped into someone?-

 

From: Tall

-Yeah, don't make me think about it.-

 

From: Kyungsoo

-Were they a lot shorter than you?-

 

From: Tall

-Yeah! That damn midget!! Why?-

 

From: Kyungsoo

-ahah...-

 

From: Tall

-??-

 

Kyungsoo sits down, shoving his phone back into his pocket.

-Hey.- He whispers, leaning towards Jongin. 

-Yes?-

-What did I tell you?- 

Jongin looks at him, perplexed, waiting for the older to finish his sentence.

-Three days and he'd regret this stupid plan. But I didn't expect him to up already.-

-Are you talking about Chanyeol?-

Kyungsoo nods, staring at Dara and, most importantly, at her guy friend.

-Yeah- He says, taking a sip of his now warm coffee. -One thing's for sure though.-

-And that is?-

He smiles.

But he doesn't quite know the reason why he's doing it.

-He'll never cease to surprise me because of how ing dumb he is.-