Shut up, Chanyeol

Play Pretend [Chanbaek]

"Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol.."

"Chanyeol!"

The boy turns around, eyes wide open, startled.

"What the , dude? Why are you yelling?"

Kyungsoo sighs, shaking his head. He's not even surprised, to be completely honest. Chanyeol's been like that for months now. Every damn time he lays his eyes on that girl, he just stops working, and there's almost no way to get him back to reality. A pain in the , that's what this whole situation is for Kyungsoo. A huge pain in the .

"Oh shut up Chanyeol, I've been trying to talk to you for 5 minutes now."

Chanyeol blushes, looking down at the table, slightly embarassed. "Alright, sorry, I was thinking about... Things. Yeah. What did you want to tell me anyway?"

"Nothing. Just to stop being a ing creep. I swear, if you stare at her any longer you're going to burn two holes in the back of her head."

The taller almost chokes on his sandwich, coughing a few times as he glares at his best friend, "Keep your voice down, will you? I don't want the whole school to know!"

"You sure about that?" he answers, fingers wrapped around his cup of coffee, one eyebrow raised as high as humanly possible, "Because for someone that wants to keep his crush a secret, you're not being subtle at all."

"I-It's not my fault! I mean, look at her! I can't help it."

"Then go and talk to her. Jesus, you behave like such a stalker sometimes."

Chanyeol shakes his head violently, almost as if he's trying to let Kyungsoo know how dumb his suggestion is. "I can't."

"Why?" He sips his coffee, slightly leaning forward. "You scared?"

"Hell no." The giant scoffs, finishing his lunch and grabbing the cup from Kyungsoo's hand, stealing a few sips only to be punched in the arm by the other right after. 

"Then what's the problem, you idiot."

One finger raised, gesturing for the other to wait a second, Chanyeol grabs his phone and starts scrolling through his instagram feed, just to stop a few moments later.

"This," he says, almost slamming the screen against his friend's face "is the problem. Read the caption."

"Hold on, is this Dara's instagram? How do you even know her username?"

"I've got my ways. Now shut up and read."

Kyungsoo sighs once again, already regretting starting that conversation in the first place.

-I'm so tired. I don't want to date a guy ever again. Men are gross. I can't believe it, I can't believe HIM. I'm done. They're all the same anyways. Just the same old straight dudes that think they can do anything because they're hot. I don't need them. it.-

"Well she's not completely wrong." Kyungsoo shrugs, throwing the empty cup in the trash can. 

"That's not the point. The point is that she probably won't talk to me even if I try my best to be friendly."

"Then get over this dumb crush. It's obvious she doesn't want a relationship at the moment."

Chanyeol crosses his arms over his chest, eyes darting towards the other side of the room where Dara's sitting with some of her girl friends.

"Are you crazy? I can't just get over it. I need to find a way to get closer to her. But I don't know how yet."

"No."

Chanyeol frowns. "No what?"

"Don't start making up plans. We both know that they never work out. Ever. You're just going to embarass yourself."

" off, you're talking nonsense." 

Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes, already aware of the fact that once Chanyeol decides something, there's no way to make him change his mind. But still, even if this is a major pain in the , he has to at least try and knock some sense into his best friend. 

"Chanyeol, think about this for a second, will you? She just went through a break up. She probably doesn't want any guy to get closer to her at the moment. Plus you look like a classic boy. Whatever you'll come up with, don't you think it's better to just respect her wishes and leave her alone for a while? Let her live. Come on, man."

For a second, Chanyeol remains silent, deep in thought.

It's almost as if he's having an internal debate.

And by the way his expression begins to look more and more pained, Kyungsoo can't help but hope that maybe, just maybe, this time he was able to stop him from doing something stupid.

That is, until his whole face brightens up once again, head turning towards him so fast he's surprised he didn't break his neck.

"You know what, Kyungsoo? You're right, but I have a plan."

"Oh God. Please don't..."

"She's done with straight guys, right? Right. They're all jerks in her opinion, right? Right. And I am a straight guy, so she thinks I'm a jerk too, right? Right. But, what if I wasn't a straight guy?"

Kyungsoo's body tenses up, already knowing what the other's about to say.

"Chanyeol, wait, what the do you..."

"What if I was a gay guy? Wouldn't that be perfect? After all she doesn't know I'm straight. She doesn't know me at all. Plus I heard from someone that her bestfriend is a gay dude. Oh my God, this is such a good idea, I'm a ing genious. Oh my God."

"This is a terrible idea you , why would you even... What are you doing with your phone? What are you typing? Chanyeol!"

But by the time Kyungsoo gets to steal the phone from the giant's hands, a direct message has already been sent to none other than Dara herslef.

-Heyy! My name's Park Chanyeol, we go to the same school! I read your post from a couple of days ago, and girl, that really :( Men can be such jerks sometimes, I totally get what you mean. I went through a bad break up too recently, and let me tell you, some guys just aren't worth it. Don't mind it too much! Hope you're doing fine, have a nice day darling xoxo-

And as soon as he finishes reading it, the phone slips from his own hands, falling onto the table with a loud thud.

"What. The. . Did you just do. What the . What the , Chanyeol!"

"Why? Isn't it perfect? She's gonna fall for it 100%, believe m..."

Kyungsoo stands up, not giving Chanyeol the time to end his sentence. 

He's just fed up. Sometimes his best friend's bulls become too much even for him to handle.

God, he seriously needs another coffee.

"Shut up, Chanyeol. I'm going. Bye."

"Bye dear!"