Chapter One

Noona, Can I Kiss You?

Lee Gi Hye lives alone in medium sized apartment in the heart city of South Korea, Seoul. She currently study at Seoul National University as last year student. Lee Gi Hye used to live alone since highschool because her parents had to work overseas. It was a good thing to live alone. She became such independent girl and did everything she want without anyone forbidding her. Although, she was feeling lonely sometimes. That was 4:00 pm in Seoul and Gi Hye just arrived in her apartment after meeting with her lecturer. She put her shoes on the shoe rack and threw her body to the mattress. 
“Ugh, I am tired. Mr. Seungcheol really is the worst.” She mumbled to herself, cursing her lecturer.  Gi Hye fished out her phone from pocket to found 13 missed calls from Jeonghan. She jolted up to sit in the mattress. What was the matter until Jeonghan called me 13 times? She thought. Dial tone was heard when Gi Hye decided to call Jeonghan back. Jeonghan was her senior at college. They were quite close because Jeonghan helped her a lot with study. He is smart, kind and handsome. It was hard for Gi Hye not fall in love with his charming.
“Hello?” Gi Hye woke up from her thought when she heard Jeonghan’s voice on the other line.
“Why did you call me?” she asked. A bit curious when Jeonghan chuckled a little and seemed to be relieved.
“I need your help, Gi Hye.” Jeonghan spoke which created smile in Gi Hye’s face upon hearing him calling her name. Gi Hye mumbled a quick yes to let Jeonghan said whatever he wanted to say. “Remember Dino? My little brother?” Gi Hye nodded even if she knew Jeonghan couldn’t see her. Dino is Jeonghan only brother, maybe five years younger than him. Jeonghan was 22 years old, so Dino probably at his 17.
Then he continued. “My mother will visit us tomorrow. But she wanted me to pick her up because he is about to arrange me with a girl. Ugh.” Gi Hye could hear that Jeonghan was annoyed. But then reality struck her. Did he mean blind date?. “You know, Dino was not in a good term with mother so he tried to go somewhere to his friend’s house. Dino probably doesn’t want to meet her. Do you mind if Dino sleep in your apartment? Please I need you to watch over him so he won’t run away.” Jeonghan explained. Gi Hye was trying to process what she heard, her mind was still blank hearing about Jeonghan going to blind date.
“Ah yes.” That was the only answer she could give.
“Really? Oh my god, you are the best. Thank you very much.” Said Jeonghan excitedly. Gi Hye smiled.
“Yeah, it’s okay.”
Then Jeonghan in hurry spoke again. “I will go to your apartment at 7 pm maybe. And I’ll pick Dino the next morning.”
“Okay, then.” She answered.
“I’ll hung up, okay? See you, Gi Hye.” And with that he hung up. Gi Hye laid her back to the mattress again. Well, it is only a blind date. Everyone does that nowadays. She thought. Gi Hye rolled up in her bed and put her face on the pillow. She was ing tired. Mr. Seungcheol really gave her headache. She knew that her work was bad. She admitted. But Mr. Seungcheol could tell her which part she did it wrong instead of yelling at her with his saliva went all over her face. He is actually quite good looking but he is bald already. Mr. Bald. She decided to call him that way from now on. Gi Hye didn’t realize that she fell asleep until she heard the door bell rang. She rubbed her eyes before walking unsteadily towards the door. Gi Hye opened the door and was surprised when she saw Jeonghan standing in the front of her with a high scholar in his uniform.
“What are you doing here?” Gi Hye was shocked. She tried wastedly to tidy her hair up. Oh my god, her bra string even showed up. She wore loose white shirt and jeans she wore to campus before. She must be looked like a total mess.
“Ehm, about Dino. Remember?” Jeonghan said, knitting his eyebrows.
“Ah, your lil bro.” Gi Hye said when suddenly someone cut her off.
“I am not his lil bro, okay?” the boy who wore uniform cutely spat at me. I was startled a bit but I smiled when Jeonghan .
“Yes, because you’re my baby.” Jeonghan said while ruffling his hair in adoration. Dino glared at him but didn’t say anything. He is cute.
“I am sorry, I just woke up. I forgot you are coming here.” Gi Hye said, she was motioning her hand to let Jeonghan in but he refused it with his head.
“I will be going now. I really owe you Gi Hye. Let me treat you dinner next time.” Jeonghan smiled, Gi Hye was flustered by what he said and as if it wasn’t enough, Jeonghan ruffled her hair. “I’ll be going now. Thank you Gi Hye.” He smiled at her and went to face Dino and said some things like ‘you need to behave etc’ and he was gone. Dino was still standing in the door way. It was kind of awkward since Dino looked like putting a barrier towards her.
“Let’s go inside, I have some snacks for you.” Dino rolled his eyes and went inside before he murmured.
“I am not a kid. I don’t need snacks.” Gi Hye only shrugged it off and closed the door. Realizing how messy she was, she thought that taking a bath was a good idea.
“Dino, I am going to take a bath. Don’t go anywhere okay?” Dino was on the couch crossing his legs and hands.
“Stop calling me Dino. I am Lee Chan. Jeonghan is a fool giving me that name.” Dino pouted looking adorably cute. Gi Hye knows very well why Jeonghan adores him so much.
“Okay then, Channie It will be quick.” I dashed to my room to have a quick shower and when I was about to leave I heard him saying in disbelief.
“Channie? Oh my god.” And Gi Hye only laughed mentally.
----
When Gi Hye was done with her bath, she came out wearing a pair of comfortable blue shorts and white sweater. She tied her hair in bun like always. The living room was quiet. She was panic for a second when she thought about Dino running away. He was nowhere to be seen until Gi Hye heard some noise coming from under kitchen counter. There he was.
“What are you doing?” asked Gi Hye. Not to be mean or sounded like scolding him. She was just curious. Dino stood up and raised his hand up.
“I was looking for my phone.” He said coolly.
“…and why are you in the kitchen at the first place?” Gi Hye gave him a meaningful look by knitting her eyebrows.
“I was just passing by.”
“oh yes, as if I will believe it.” Gi Hye mocked him but Dino kept his cold shoulder.
“then don’t believe me.” He was about to go away when Gi Hye stopped him by his arm. She led him to sit in one of the bar like chair.
“wait here, I will make something delicious.” And she spun around to take a frying pan. When Dino was about to leave again, Gi Hye pointed her index finger and gave him her fierce look. “stay still.” And Dino went back to his chair.
It was easy for Gi Hye to make some delicious foods since she always cooks for herself. She washed her hands and took out some ingredients from refrigerator. She mixed flour with sugar, eggs, cheese and others ingredients and soon there served soufflé pancakes in front of Dino.
“Not yet.” Gi Hye spoke to Dino or rather herself while slicing some fruits. She blended mangos with yogurt and mixed it with sliced fruits. She did some decoration with oatmeal and nuts.
“Done. This is mango smoothies bowl and soufflé pancakes.” Dino gapped his mouth in awe. Or maybe because he was hungry and the foods in front of him make his mouth water. But Dino needed to admit that soufflé pancakes she made looked bouncy and delicious.
“let’s eat this while watching tv.” Said Gi Hye. Dino voluntary brought the bowl of smoothies and the plate with pancakes. He brought it and put it in the table. Gi Hye searched for some good shows and she stopped in SNL Korea. This show was hilariously funny. One of some favorites show she likes. 
“Ha Ha Ha Ha. Such a fool. Ha Ha Ha Ha.” Dino laughed with his unique laugh that made Gi Hye wanted to laugh along. Looking at Dino right now, he was really a baby. Maybe he was putting on defense by acting like a bad brother before.
“She always act like that. Oh my god.” Gi Hye laughed out loud when a girl from SNL Korea tried to kiss Mingyu. Mingyu was a famous boygroup member, Seventeen. And they were acting as the guest star.
“She is funny.” Dino commented, still laughing.
“Yeah, she is funny but no one will ever kiss her.” Said Gi Hye. For her, the girl wasn’t so pretty and kinda used as bully in this show.
“why?” Gi Hye stopped laughing when Dino asked her in such serious tone.
“yeah, I mean, she is not pretty.” Gi Hye answered.
“she is pretty,” Dino said, looking so serious. Gi Hye laughed at his behavior. She took the smoothies bowl and started to eat some fruits.
“but, not that pretty.” Gi Hye still said what she thought. But of course Dino tried to defend the girl by saying that she was pretty.
“she is pretty.” He said again.
“Okay, okay. She is pretty. Aigoo, you like her very much, huh?” Gi Hye chuckled and ruffled Dino’s hair. She thought that Dino was so cute defending the girl he likes like that. But when Gi Hye was about to draw her hand, Dino grabbed her wrist.
“Noona.” It was the first time Dino called her noona. Dino didn’t even call Gi Hye by name. His stare suddenly felt like piercing through her eyes.
“Why?” Gi Hye asked Dino. Trying to free her hand from his grip, but Dino only tighten his grip on her wrist. Why did this boy so strong? That was the only thing Gi Hye had on mind. And to be honest, his eyes were suddenly become so sharp. Or was It only her thought that way? Dino moved a bit closer in the couch still holding Gi Hye’s right hand. Gi Hye started to get nervous and couldn’t say anything as if her words caught up in her throats.
“Noona,” Dino called her again in a hush voice. And when Dino moved her head really close and asked “Can I kiss you?”, Gi Hye was about to lose her mind.
“Aaaakkk,” Gi Hye yelped. She shoved Dino away. Nothing was happened actually but what Dino did enough to make her crazy. Gi Hye put her smoothies down on the table and stood up. “Eat that all. I am full already.” Gi Hye spun around to hide her blush before she continued. “I am going to sleep now.”
And Dino once again got her eyes rounded big when he asked. “can I sleep with you noona?” Dino asked her in a cute tone. Gi Hye spun around to face him. She looked at him at disbelief.
“what the hell Dino. You are underage to say such thing.” She said.
“what are you thinking, noona? I didn’t mean it that way.” Dino defended, smirking. He knows very well what he was talking about. “I will really sleep with you when I become adult.” He added.
“WHATTT?!!” Gi Hye scoffed. “I thought you were an innocent boy. But look what you just said.” She had her hands both on her waist. She was shaking her head still not believing this kid. Gi Hye walked away not wanting to get into more arguments. She went to her room and was about to close the door when Dino was actually right behind her and did close the door for her. Gi Hye jumped in shock.
“What are you doing here?!!” She yelled.
“Sleep with you.” Dino answered quickly. Gi Hye shook her head.
“No. No. Go away.”
“Then I will go to my friend’s house.” Dino said.
“Yes, just go.” And when Dino was about to go she realized. “wait, wait. You are not going anywhere. Jeonghan told me to take care of you. Now sleep in the other room and don’t even think about going anywhere.” Gi Hye blabbered.
“Sleep with you or I’ll go.” Dino stated. Putting his hands on his chest.
“Please don’t make things difficult.” Now Gi Hye felt frustrated. She didn’t know how to deal with this boy.
“It’s simple, noona.”
“Stop calling me noona !”
“I just can’t sleep without you.”
“BUT YOU SLEPT THIS WHOLE 17 YEARS WITHOUT ME. DEADASS !” Gi Hye finally losing her mind. She must be crazy.
“I am 18 years old by the way.” Gi Hye shot him a glare.
“Okay. At one condition.” She stated. “You sleep on the edge of the right side. And I am on the edge of the left side.” Dino nodded like a cute puppy. Damn. Her thought was messed.
“and don’t touch me !” Gi Hye shot him a glare to make sure Dino understand. Dino nodded obediently and  went to bed like Gi Hye said before. Carefully Gi Hye slid into the blanket. Making sure there was an enough amount of space between them. Luckily her bed was one king sized bed. Gi Hye laid her back and looked at the ceiling above her while Dino laid his body facing Gi Hye.
“are you always wearing this outfit at home?” suddenly Dino asked. Gi Hye was taken a back.
“It’s comfortable. Something’s wrong?” Gi Hye answered sassily.
“No, you are cute.” What Dino said got her shock. She looked at Dino’s direction and caught Dino smiling while looking at her. She quickly looked away.
“I am older than you, okay? I am not cute.”
“Then you are pretty.” It was like Gi Hye stopped breathing. The word Dino just said sounded so sincere to her ears. She gulped down her nervousness before speaking.
“stop looking at me will ya?” and when there was no response Gi Hye went to see at Dino and found him already closing his eyes. His breath was steady and calm. He is sure good looking, just like Jeonghan. Smile was created in her face without she realized. She thought about moving to the other room after laying for a while. But Gi Hye didn’t realized how much tired she was because she unconsciously fell asleep. In the next morning her phone blasted a very loud alarm. Gi Hye opened her eyes and found that she was facing Dino’s chest. His chin were resting on the tip of her head and when she screamed, Dino tighten his hug to her waist and casually greet her.
“good morning, noona.” And with that, Dino was kicked by Gi Hye until he fell on the ground.