In Trouble

EPIPHANY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Chanyeol finally sat in his chair, right behind his desk. The room he was currently in would be his from now on. There were a view things in it that had been decorated and furnished based on his order just two days ago, since the old design wasn’t really into his liking. He swirled his chair one hundred eighty degrees till made him facing the wall of the room behind. It was a glass wall, a really big one. He could see the highlight of Seoul from there, dozens of buildings, and hundreds of vehicles down the road. Two skyscrapers stand side by side not so far from his office, his uncle said he could see the beautiful sunset on the space between in the afternoon.

Chanyeol re-swirled his chair into the initial position. His new secretary was still in his feet, standing in front of his desk loyally, head lowered with his brief case. Chanyeol raised one of his eyebrows..

“You can put it here..” he said, pointing the desk in front of him, the letter obediently did so. “Later, do not bring my brief case again, I can do it by myself” he continued

The secretary slowly lifted his head, “But sir..it is one of my task, I always do that ever since I work in this company..”

“No but..” Chanyeol straightened his back, both hands waved on the desk, “I don’t take any kind of rejection, I’m your new boss and I have a right to make a rule and boarder myself for the sake of my comfortability”, he furrowed remembering the moment when he wanted to step out from his car but suddenly there was a stranger who opened the car door for him then innocently giving his hand with the intention of bringing his brief case. Not to mention that the stranger turned out to be his personal secretary, “You’re not my maid anyway nor my personal assistant in my house, do you understand?” Chanyeol asked with a demanding tone. He always did that, becoming bossy and cold from time to time. Timid and coward was no longer existed in his dictionary, he buried them deeply in the deepest part of his heart. Now, he was building his new personality and he would not let anyone crumple it down. Never.

The secretary shuddered, “Y-yes sir..”

Chanyeol laid his back on the chair, whirling it to the left and right, “What’s your name again?”

“Kang Daniel sir..”

“How old are you by the way?” Daniel blinked, never in his experience during working in this company, someone was questioning his age..

“It’s twenty five sir..”

The new CEO slightly nodded, “You’re indeed younger as I expected..” he contemplated “I’ll call you by your real name then, Daniel, sounds good?”

“Huh??” Daniel was in daze, never in his experience again, someone superior openly asked about how he would address him. Usually people just called him as they want without considering his opinion. The former CEO even only called him with ‘Kang’, “Oh yeah.. it is sir..” he stiffly smiled. If he thought again maybe working with him would not be that bad.

“So Daniel-ssi, how about my today’s schedule?” Chanyeol folded his hands together below his chin

Daniel awkwardly took out his tablet from his suit, time to be a professional, “Nothing much actually sir, you will have a meeting with the share-holders in two hours, after that at 3 pm Mr. Lee, one of our investor ask to meet in a dine and family restaurant. I already did the reservation for that. Then right at 7 pm you have an appointment for a family dinner with Mrs. Park. The place also was already booked. It’s in ‘DO Café and Resto’, Mrs. Park said that it is your favorite”

Chanyeol groaned, making Daniel stopped reading the schedule from the tab and took a glance at him, “Is there any problem sir?” he asked carefully.

“No no.. just continue! What else?” he waved his hand like nothing happened. Deep inside his mind, truly he was frustrated, what the hell his mother ask him to have a dinner? He internally yelled. The idea of having a family dinner with his mom was none other than discussing about three things: First, talking about him who was still a 26-year-old single man and how pathetic that fact was. Second, investigating whether he had already had any girlfriend or not, when he finally wanted to settle down. Third setting him a blind date with one of her friends’s daughter, and ending up with her twisting his ears if he dared to reject. No wander his ears were sticking out.

Daniel cleared his throat, “Those are the important schedules you have to attend sir, other than that there are some documents that wait to be examined and signed, I already put them in your drawer. You can take a look if you have time, but a few of documents from Human Resource Department need to be signed by tomorrow, the manager said it’s important for the employee recruitment” he put back his tab, a signal that he was done mentioning everything. He could see his boss opening the drawer when suddenly something came out in his mind.

“Eh.. sir,..” Chanyeol averted his gaze from the drawer back to him, “I just remember a thing, your uncle said in order to maintain the harmonization of employer-employee relationship, he suggested you to say hello to each department”

Chanyeol pursed his lips, his uncle was always used an eccentric term. Harmonization of employer-employee relationship? Did that term even exist? He wandered, “Very well, when can I do that?”

“Since you still have two hours before meeting, perhaps right now is an option” the younger thoroughly adviced.

“Okay..” he stand from his sit and slightly adjusted his tie, “And you will accompany me!” it was an order not a question.

“Yes sir..”

“Better be, I don’t want to get lost. Many places are waiting to visit” Chanyeol didn’t budge to glimpse at his secretary and just walked pass by him making the letter trailed behind.

***

Chanyeol walked on the aisle with a medium pace, his legs were obviously long and a medium pace seems unbelievably fast enough. Daniel even had to struggle a little bit to adjust his steps.

“So.. there are some departments in our company, but one and only department that share the same floor with your room is the assistant department, it only consists of five people, they will help you to manage and collect data as well as information from all departments before arriving in your hand. They also become the people who are in charge if our company is hosting the big or the annual events..” Daniel explained as they were striding over the said place, “And then on the floor below, we will have-“

“Are y memorizing all of that?” Chanyeol interrupted

Daniel blinked nervously, “Huh? Oh..yes sir..” he scratched her nape gawkily, perhaps his boss would compliment him because of his ability in giving a very decent explanation.

Chanyeol nodded in understandment, “I appreciate that, but no need to explain that kind of thing to me, I already know everything, I just want to know the place..” he accelerated his pace, leaving Daniel facepalmed.

***

Saejin was still sitting comfortably in her chair when someone suddenly shouted that their new CEO was on the way to their place. Mrs. Kim who was arranging pile of messy documents stopped her activity and maneuvered everyone to take position. Saejin saw Mirae fix her hair up in a sec, some others just quickly manage to tidy up their table. Why was everyone so exaggerating? It was just ten minutes maximum introduction after all. Indeed, people in this world have a tendency to act impressively in front of someone who was socially higher than them. By the reality, Saejin could conclude that if you wanted to know what a man was like, take a good look at how he treated his inferiors, not his equal. Such an inspirational mindset it was, she was proud of herself.

However, she was pulled out from her reverie when Mirae abruptly poked her cheek, “Let’s go..” she said, clinging onto Saejin arm and brought her to the others that was already in a line. She just wanted to protest if it was not a door that swiftly flung open.

Chanyeol and Daniel immediately turned in, making everyone gasped, Saejin’s eyes were widen in acknowledgement. Mrs. Kim put on her smiley face and abruptly came forward to greet the visitors, “Mr. Park, it is quiet pleasure to-“

“Oh!! It’s you again??” Saejin squealed, pointing at Chanyeol while positioning herself beside her leader. She was surprise that she would meet with him again, it was not more than three hours ago she encountered this ‘Big ears’ man at the café.

“So.. you are working here too?” she asked in a pure curiosity, “Uh.. why do I never see you?” her head tilted to the side, “New employee, aren’t y? What department are you in by the way?” she continued talking without aware of the sudden growing tension aroused in the room. “Whenever it is, we are going to be a colleague Big ears, so don’t act-“

She stopped talking when accidentally realized that the other man –Daniel- behind Chanyeol was actually watching her in horror, a weird expression was plastered in his face. He tried to mouth something to her and even bestowed her with a super absurd sign language with his hands, what was that actually man doing? She thought.

“What’s wrong with your friend?” Saejin asked again, facing someone whom she called as Big ears, still totally oblivious with the current situation, “I think he got epilepsy or something, cause he keep displaying an unrecognizable movement!” she jokingly said.

The said big ears in front of her stayed quite, his face was expressionless meanwhile his eyes flashed onto Saejin in a rage, “Technically that question is for you, what’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol sneered, his cold demeanor made it more intimidating. He was de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter