Mon'Ami & Mon'Amie

EPIPHANY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was at 06.30 am in the sunny morning, the bird chirped melodiously and the sunrays slipped through a window of a bedroom making the pattern on the wall, waking up the sleeping woman in it. Oh Saejin stirred in her sleep, her eyelids fluttered open. For the very first time in this week, she woke up earlier than her goddamn alarm clock, it was not a thing that she should be proud of actually but yeah, she was still grinning madly after all. The popular proverb out there saying that happiness could come even from the very small thing was indeed true and provable, Saejin had confirmed it by herself.

She was blinking for a while, staring at the white ceiling. Today was the first day she would go back to office after the seven days off for her furlough. Thanks to her team for managing the big annual meeting quite perfectly till the consequence was none other than her company winning the prestigious deal, her superior then gave her and the team a whole week to rest in home after that. Such a prime achievement she thought, even literally, she didn’t give much contributions, but her team leader did, and she at least helped her a little bit with meeting up with numerous different people to book and fix everything up dealing with venue, accommodation¸ and transportation for the guess almost every week in the whole month. She even had to help the master of ceremony to make the script. Hell! If she thought again those were a way more than a little bit.

Becoming one of the CEO assistants in an enormous company was indeed force you to be totally dedicated inside and out, you must be ready to sacrifice everything, especially your time. But, it wasn’t like Saejin being skeptical with her job, in a point of fact she was really passionate with it regardless the work load she had to hoist in her shoulders. She veritably wasn’t the type of a workaholic person, she just very much loved her career. That was why, as today she should go back to the company, to her workstation, her mood was nothing except blissful and delight, she can’t help but smile wider and wider. Yeah! She would be obviously on fire today.

Saejin stretched her arms and legs before finally kicked her blanket to the side and jolted up from her comfy bed. She expanded the curtain of the window, making the sunny light filled her room even more. She lived in her own apartment alone, and that was one of the advantages of doing so, enjoying the sunlight as long as she wanted to without any disturbance, other than that.. she didn’t have to tidy up her bedroom once she woke up, she could went home anytime, picked the day to do laundry based on her preference, ate anything she craving for, hang out with whoever her friends without being interrogated, and many things. But most importantly she could regale her morning glory peacefully without constant screaming of her mother and her brother-

“Hey! Sleeping beauty! Wake up! Breakfast’s ready!!!” ! She forgot his brother, Oh Sehun, was coming over, even dare to bang her door like this was his own house, ruining her solemn morning rumination. Sleeping beauty he said? Huh! No need to be the expertise to know that it was totally sarcastic, one of her brother lousy personalities.

“Coming..” Saejin groaned and tied her hair into a bun, sighing.. almost dramatically, she was thankful that her mood was definitely good right now, making the temptation to kick her brother right in the or push his head into a cereal bowl was significantly subside. Huffing, she washed her face and dashed to the dining room. Taking a bath can wait.

***

Once Saejin arrived in the dining room, she found her brother, sitting on the chair with folded arms in his chest and crossed legs, waiting for her while humming a song. He wore white button up T-shirt and long black training pants, not too contrast with her who was still wearing pair of pajamas.

“Good morning!” she greeted halfheartedly

Oh Sehun stopped humming and turned his head to his sister, “Morning tiny sister!”

Saejin mentally hissed, “I’m not a little! Mind y!” she warned as she strode over the table, took a look what on it. There on the table were only some slices of bread, a cup of strawberry jam, and two glasses of milk. She scowled, eyeing the bread then her brother then the bread then her brother again, “I remember stuffing every space of my fridge..”

“Yeah..I know, but I want a kind of simple breakfast today, something practical and easy to make, typical western style” Sehun said, not aware of his sister irritated look, “Look what we have here…we have bread and jam, then jam and bread..isn’t it wonderful?”, he pointed every single thing in the table, “Ah.. and not to forget, a glass of milk to help you grow taller..”, a satisfying smile emerged in his face.

“You know right.. I don’t like this kind of breakfast..” Saejin rebuked

“But I like this kind of breakfast..” the other retorted. Seriously can his brother be more annoying?!!

Clenching and unclenching her fingers, she demanded, “Now tell me! Why should I follow your preference in my ing place brother?!”

“Surely you should sister! I’m a guest and the guest is a king. Every king’s word is an order, isn’t it relatable?” a smug expression adoring his face. Of course his brother can be more annoying, a lot more annoying, why not?!, “So.. Saejin-ah.. let’s just sit down and eat with oppa huh!” Sehun whined, a fake whining. And Saejin swore she just wanted to flip the table.

“Oh Sehun! Are you five?!” She growled, his brother was really taking a toll on her for the past few minutes. Her patience was seemingly at the limit level and she could explode anytime soon.

“Yeah..” Sehun dared to grin, “Five heads taller than you!” he couldn’t help but to laugh loudly

There there, Saejin was unable to hold on any longer, no more patience left. Let people call her suicidal, but a certain moment could make her eventually didn’t have a good temper management, nor stable self-control. And that moment was definitely right now, she was so done with his brother to the point that she wanted to punch him right in the gut, but unfortunately she can’t do that since his brother was a famous model, so every inch of his body was carrying the prized value, any bruise or scratch could be a big problem. She didn’t have any interest to face someone threw her a lawsuit either, therefore explicit violence was not good idea. But don’t call her Oh Seajin if she had nothing else popping out in her brain, she didn’t learn taekwondo without any reason.

“Funny, isn’t it?” Saejin sneered, but her brother was still laughing so hard, his hand held his belly, it was positive that he would get hasty stomachache after this.

Too ade of his own sudden joke, he was not aware of Saejin who had embodied herself behind his chair. The said woman was still watching her brother solemnly as she rolled up her pajamas sleeve till her elbows. A second later, her right arm already draped around Sehun’s neck, not waiting for the owner to be prepared, pressing it harshly till made him ready to choke.

“What the hell Saejin!! Let go of me! You little brat!” Sehun screamed as deafening as he could, his hands tried to release her hand in his neck. Really! Saejin might appear skinny like Elastic Girl but her power was unbelievably like Hulk.

“Brat you say? You are the brat here brother… for your information, I’m not little. Stop using that adjective to me, cause I’m extremely offend. Even you are my lovely brother, but do not ever take me for granted..” Saejin exclaimed, her head and arm were still sandwiching Sehun’s head. She was more than ready to bite it, who knew Oh Saejin can be this barbaric. Yet, before she was able to execute, her phone was suddenly ringing, its ringtone filling the room.

Hearing that, she cursed inwardly. Who the hell was calling her in this crucial moment? Whoever It was, Saejin really didn’t appreciate. Begrudgingly, she let go of her brother’s neck to take the phone in her pants as she was huffing her bang. Once she read the caller ID, her eyes widen, the name ‘Mrs. Kim” was written on it. She was the team leader of her division and Saejin was nothing but being in wonder why her highness was calling in such early morning. Clearing , she slide the green button to the side.

“Yes mam, Oh Saejin is speaking” she started, opening the channel

“Uh.. Saejin, I’m just wandering if you can go earlier to the office this morning, I need to discuss something..”

Saejin took a glimpse of her brother running to the kitchen island to get a glass of water, “Oh.. yeah absolutely mam, what time is it exactly?”

“Around eight, is it okay?”

“Of course, I’ll see you at eight!”

“Good, see you around!” the line went dead

Saejin huffed again, she already lost counting of how many times she did that during the past thirty minutes but it was evidently out of the usual. Sehun was coming out from kitchen holding a glass of water which was already half full. He craned his neck right to the left then left to the right, hissing in pain. It was vaguely red. Saejin literally didn’t cause any single scratch nor bruise, but that was still hurt and cause a burning sensation especially in the base of his neck, above his adam apple.

“Y know.. if you’re so violent, you’ll not have any boyfriend” Sehun said rubbing his neck carefully. He took a sit in front of Seajin who was also doing the same in the dining room. She ate her breakfast a little bit in hurry, the breakfast which she cursed not longer than thirty minutes ago.

Saejin just shrugged, “I don’t ask your opinion by the way..” she continued munching her bread

“It’s okay, I’ve told y. Don’t come crying to me if you finally desperate of being single” that was an implicit mock coming from Sehun.

“Dream on!” she glared drinking her milk before finally stormed out from the dining room, leaving his brother who was still busy with his neck. Yet, after five steps she went back again, “If you need some ointment, it’s somewhere in the kitchen cabinet” she said pointing out the kitchen direction then disappeared b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter