Oblivion

EPIPHANY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Chanyeol was blinking, he finally wake up from his deep slumber. His hair was so messy, his head was heavily throbbing, and his saliva in his mouth felt so weird till he really had this urge to throwing up, but eventually decided to hold it back after a few seconds. He thought perhaps the HCL in his stomach had a certain stimulus to go up, resulting the acidity in his mouth increase. Chanyeol was sure if he used pH meter to measure the acidity degree, it must be at the low level, far away below seven. He didn’t like that thought tho, he should brush his teeth soon so that the alkalinity from the tooth paste can balance his mouth condition.

Chanyeol huffed, he lifted his hand to reveal the luxury Rolex wristwatch that still loyally sticked in his wrist, he must forget to take it off last night when he was drunk. Ah yeah.. he was drunk last night, drunk as hell, he didn’t have any idea how many bottle he drank, but maybe they were more than five, or maybe seven, eight?? ! He didn’t know. Chanyeol pulled his hair to the back, his head was so hurt, he had to ask the maid to make him a bean sprout soup. But first, let him wash his crumpled face.

He was about to go to bathroom when he felt something really unfamiliar and strange. Wait?? Since when his curtain was white? It was black yesterday, he remembered. He turned his gaze to the duvet on his leg, wasn’t it supposed to be grey instead of blue?, did his maid change all of this? No!! she never did anything without his consent. His ball-and-socket joint did a full rotation to examine the surrounding, no need a thorough observation to notice the extremely foreign decoration in the room he was currently in right now. This room was definitely smaller than his, brighter than his, less fancy than his, more feminine than his, everything there was really different with his. So, what was the conclusion then? Chanyeol suddenly got breathing difficulty, the oxygen was starting to extinct around his peripheral. Well, he needed to think, this room was not his. This room was NOT HIS. THIS ROOM WAS NOT HIS!!, No! it’s okay, No need to freak out Chanyeol, just take a deep breath, you’ll be fine. You just need to find someone for asking help, hmm.. but there is no one here. Okay, let’s call my chauffer, where is my phone btw? Oh! My phone is gone. Eh.. then let’s try to go outside then, owh! I’m shirtless, no no no! You’re strong Chanyeol, no need to be shocked, you still are wearing your pants at least, it’s okay, it’s okay. I just need to open the door, huh! The door is locked. What should I do then? Okay Chanyeol, don’t freak out. Take a deep breath again, again, and ag-

“AHHHHHH!!!!!!” Finally Chanyeol was freaking out, his cortisol hormone was going haywire and he got the feel to vomit again. Where the hell he was??!! Now he realized he didn’t even remember why he was end up being here when he was drunk. ! He wasn’t going to drink alcohol again. Was he getting kidnapped by someone, his rival for example? Or did some random take advantage on him last night??

Suddenly, a sound of someone unlocking the door in hurry was heard by Chanyeol, and he abruptly took many steps back till his legs hit the edge of the bed, he instinctively picked the thick duvet and draped it around his shirtless torso. Whoever it was, he would not let anything touch or even trace his precious body. No way!!

***

Saejin was almost getting splashed by the hot oil from the frying pan when she heard her CEO screaming from the guess room. She was cooking for breakfast and getting a sudden jump scare was not anything near a good idea. Saejin turned the knob till the blue fire on the stove died, and run directly to the guess room, leaving the half-cook bacon behind. The memory of last night was still so fresh in her mind and she didn’t want to see her ing CEO did something stupid again, she was so sick already. When she was in front of the door, she saw a key still hanging on the door knob, see? She even forgot to take the key back to the drawer.

Without waiting she unlocked the door hastily, too afraid that maybe her CEO bang his head on the floor or unpurposely jumped outside from the window.

“WHAT HAPPENS? WHAT HAPPENS??” Saejin abruptly asked once she opened door, the flowery pink apron still wrapped around her body, and the spatula was still on her hand. She totally looked like a wife who suddenly got a call from her husband cause he accidentally cut his own chin with razor. But what welcomed her right now was just Park Chanyeol being rolled with her blue blanket like a cocoon along with a conflicted expression on his face. “Are you okay??”

“Why…..are you here??” he unexpectedly asked, the tone implicated that he was so confused and clueless as he wrapped himself with the blanket even tighter. What the is going on actually??!!

Saejin was blinking, didn’t really know how to explain, “Technically, It’s my apartment” she curtly said, but the man in front of her look even more shocked. Do I say something wrong? She asked to herself, didn’t really know to what extend she had to tell.

“I-im in y-your apartment..” he mumbled, looking so contemplated “W-why the hell I’m in your apartment??” Chanyeol asked again, he felt so puzzled with everything. ! He hated being drunk!. With his cocoon-like appearance, he finally managed to sit on the bed and without his anticipation, Saejin looked puzzled too.

“You don’t remember??” she looked at him with an inquiry look, “Or you just pretend not remembering anything?” Saejin was getting closer. The spatula in her hand looked as if it had been ready to smack everything.

“YA!!” Chanyeol felt that his credibility was slightly tarnish, “WHY WOULD I..” he stopped as he saw the spatula swaying, he didn’t know but somehow felt intimidated, “Why would I pretend to not remember..” he finally muttered under the blanket, the softener smelled like a combination of vanilla and cinnamon. That was so sweet and lulling.

Saejin on the other hand seemed like she doubted Chanyeol at first, but chose to believe him eventually, “Fine! You were drunk last night..”

“And…then..??” Chanyeol lowkey demanded further explanation. He had to know every single thing.

“You drank a lot of alcohol perhaps, and got even more drunk. Then, your brain became working improperly, and instead of calling your driver to take you home, you ended up calling me. As a good employee I am, I picked you at the bar, but you-“ Saejin paused, she gazed at everything else randomly then glanced at Chanyeol again, “Do you really not remember anything??!!” she pointed at Chanyeol with her spatula, making the latter flinced.

“If I do, why should I bother to ask Oh Saejin??” he whisperly growled, almost done with the woman in front of him. Ugh! the spatula!

Saejin blatantly ignored Chanyeol and just immediately scanning the room, she spotted something lying lifelessly on top the wardrobe. How the hell that thing was going up there?? Saejin lightly shook her head and directly climbed onto a chair, struggling in process, to take it back, “You don’t even remember this??” she asked once she managed to grab the thing from on top the wardrobe with her tiny hand. There in her hold, a big light brown Rilakuma plushie looked helplessly at Chanyeol. Its right eye was gone, its left hand was almost cut off since the stitch was being torn open, and Chanyeol just realized that there was dacron everywhere on the floor, it must be fallen from those poor dirty plushie.

“Hmm… I know you’re extremely weird, but isn’t it too much for keeping that broken doll?” he innocently asked

Saejin practically scowled, and heartlessly threw the plushie to the corner of the room, making even more dracon falling, “You really don’t remember, do you?” she heavily sighed, felt so frustrated all of sudden, why she should be the one that suffer alone? She mentally whined, “You were drunk and you-“ she hold it back again, feeling so torn between she had to tell the truth or not, “You were really far away from sober, till you answered all my questions with incoherent words including your address, so I can’t take you to wherever your house at, and since I pitied you last night, I decided to bring you to my home!” eventually she decided to lie, well not fully, she just skipped the story a little bit, “Thank me I didn’t let you being a hobo on the street!!” huft! She hated this man so much.

Chanyeol just staring at Saejin without twinkling, he didn’t know how to respond to be honest. But Chanyeol was just being Chanyeol after all, “Okay! Thank you then!” he said without any speck of regret, “Now since everything is clear, I want to sleep again, my head’s hurt! And this is Sunday anyway!” he buried himself under blanket and hugged the nearest bolster, “You better make your boss a bowl of warm bean sprout soup!”

But Saejin was also being Saejin of course.

Chanyeol was about to sleep, but he was roughly awakened by the shrill ring of an alarm clock. He tried to turn his head away but the annoying sound followed him even under the sheets. The ringing grew infinitely louder and so he begrudgingly open an eye only to see the face of a clock—a black mouse in red underpants smiled at him happily, its short gloved hand pointed at 10.15

“What the hell?!!” he whined as he pushed the annoying thing away. Park Chanyeol didn’t get up until 1 PM on Sunday, and that was a rule. The dastardly ringing thankfully stopped, the sound was replaced by a throaty chuckle.

“Rise and shine your majesty,” Saejin said, a little bit too cheerfully in Chanyeol’s ears. His assistant was totally enjoying this, he thought in resentment. “Half the day is already gone and you are still here in my guess room, don’t you feel ashamed?”

, Chanyeol groaned

“Go away!!! Did I tell you to make a soup?!!” He replied as he buried his head under a pillow.

Saejin was just sneered sarcastically, “Oh… the pwinces is being gwumpy. Poor pwinces has a hangover. Maybe the pwince shouldn’t have stayed up all night at bar hopping and drinking like an idiot,” she cooed.

Chanyeol sat up, black hair sticking out all over directions, and glared at the woman standing by the foot of the bed. He knew this was her place, but that didn’t give Oh Saejin the right to smile that smug and gloat because she was right. Park Chanyeol was still her boss.

“I’m having you replaced” he threatened.

“Thank’s God” Saejin answered, grin widening, “I’ve had my resignation ready btw”, she had the audacity to walk away.

“Hey! Where are you going?” Chanyeol called out, he could already hear it, the resounding of defeat.

Saejin looked over her shoulder, “Thought you were already fire me..”

“Haha! Very Funny!” Chanyeol muttered, choosing to ignore the knowing look in her eyes, “Why you don’t afraid anymore when I said I would fire you..”

“Knowing you last night, I suddenly want to resign,” she said, a bit of satire was in her tongue.

“Ya! What do you mean by that??” he snapped back but the latter was already opening the door, “What do you know about me??!!” and was gone behind the door.

***

Chanyeol was brushing his teeth in front of the sink, jolted up a bit when he saw his own reflection on mirror, his hair was so unruly and a pair of vivid dark circle surrounded perfectly under his eyes. He didn’t look presentable at all. He made a mental note to make Saejin promise not to tell anyone about his condition right now. He was about to rinse his mouth when he spotted his coat and shirt hanging on the wall. So, Saejin put them here.... tho, he would not wear them since he was more than knew how terrible their smell was.

Yet, he suddenly stopped brushing and stumbled backward, What’s that?!! Some random images appeared randomly in his mind like a broken television. A realization hit him

12 hours ago…

“I believe I can fly~~~~” Chanyeol sang inarticulately, a can of soda was on his hand. His head felt so light, maybe he would literally fly anytime soon. “I believe I can touch the sky~~~~” he raised his hand so high as if the sky would fall right on his fingers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter