Chapter 2

Mirror Image
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that YG Academy catered to the rich was an understatement. Everything about this place screams wealth. The classrooms are state of the art and the lockers make use of bio metrics instead of keys. I shouldn't complain, but walking towards the principal's office I couldn't help but notice that the floors were too shiny, there was no graffiti in sight, plus the place smelled good! Like one of those fancy home perfumes they always spray inside malls. It didn't smell like  a school at all. 

 

 What kind of place was this?

 

I missed Busan High. Sure the lockers there were dingy and had seen better days, the floors were littered with bubble gum and discarded papers, and there was always the faint smell of sweat and cheap perfume everywhere,  but everything there was familiar. Everything here was strange - the smell, the sights, the people.

"Three months", I uttered the phrase I've been repeating since this nightmare started. "Three months and you're free, Dara."

 

I knocked on the door of the principal's office and an old, stern-looking lady raised her eyes up at me. "Yes?" She was clearly eating her breakfast, and I was obviously disturbing her. She was probably not used to people coming to the office so early. I just hoped she wasn't the principal. I didn't want to start my first day at YG pissing off the boss lady. 

 

"I'm here to see the principal regarding my  schedule? I'm Sandara - 

 

"Lee yes, she's expecting you. I'm her secretary Mrs. Jung. Please wait while I inform her." 

 

"It's Park actually." 

 

"What?" She looked confused.

 

"My name. It's Sandara Park, not Lee." There was no way I'm associating myself with the Lee name. Although it's probably the name that got me here at YG anyway. Minseo's husband, Lee Soo Man, was an alumni and regularly donated to YG, hence my being here despite being two months late for enrollment. The name will probably make it easier for me here too, once people find out that I was associated with one of the richest men in the city, I just know that the students will be more accepting. Too bad I don't care about being accepted. 

 

"Ms. Park, you may go in." 

 

I went inside and faced the principal Mrs. Kim Tae Hee. I had seen her when I had to enroll here, but I didn't really talk to her, it was my mother who kept talking, and I was content to let her take over the conversation, while, in my head, I was already planning how to get out of the situation I found myself in after my father's death.

 

"Hello, Sandara. Sit down, please." The principal was young, and she looked pleasant and actually happy to see me. Probably due to the donation I'm sure Lee Soo Man had to give so that I could study here. "I was going through your academic records from Busan High, and I have to say, they're very impressive, we hope you'll keep up your academic achievements here at YG. We are very competitive not only in academics but other activities as well. Now, I understand you play soccer? Now even though tryouts are done, I think we can make an exception and have you try out for the coach, how does tomo-"

 

I stopped her before she finished the sentence. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim but I'm not interested in trying out for the soccer team, or any other club here at YG. I think I'll stick to the classes I have. " Her eyebrows raised as I talked to her. I guess she expected me to be thankful that she was breaking the rules for me, but all I wanted was to be invisible for the next three months, so I can live in peace and just disappear when I turn 18. I held out my hand for the schedule and frowned when I saw that one class has been added to it, and it wasn't a class I chose. "I'm sorry, there must be some mistake. I didn't sign up for this class." I pointed to the glaring mistake in my schedule but Mrs. Kim merely smiles. 

 

"No mistake, Sandara. All senior girls are signed up for Social Dance, but don't worry it's only for a couple of months. It's for the Debutante Ball you see!" She was giddy while she was saying this, her excitement was palpable, and all I could think of was, what the hell is a Debutante Ball? 

 

"The Alumni Association holds a Debutante Ball

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter