Chapter 4

Mirror Image
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had a migraine by the time the three hours were finished. Learning about the intricacies of the social system in YG Academy was really taxing. Minzy really meant it when she said it would take a while because she spent the whole three hours of our class giving me a lecture on everything I needed to know about YG. She really took it seriously, because she even made diagrams for me! It was actually very useful, but still, it gave me a headache.


It's a good thing that I had a free period now because I really needed to de-stress. I was planning to go to the library but that changed when I saw Kwon Jiyong talking to the librarian. I hurriedly walked away because one confrontation with him was enough for the day. I took the stairs to the fourth floor as these were the practice rooms and according to Minzy, the specialized classes usually happened in the afternoon.
 

I learned a great deal from Minzy, and not just about popular cliques. Getting into YG Academy was apparently a big thing. It was not only one of the top schools in Seoul, but the whole country itself. It's not just the schools for the sons and daughters of CEOs, but also Hallyu stars and even politicians. They not only offer classes for typical subjects like mathematics, etc., but they're also very big in supporting the arts, offering special classes from dance to even music production or fashion design. When I heard that the school offered fashion design classes, I was immediately interested. It was what I wanted to be after all. I need to look into how I can change some of my subjects so I could take that instead. I know I said I would only be here for a couple of months, but I'm not planning to be miserable that whole time. I might as well take advantage of the everything YG had to offer right?


I was walking through the hallways at the fourth floor, trying to open any room but they were all locked when I heard some type of music being played at the far end of the room. I took a peek and saw a lone person playing his guitar in the corner near the window. The lights were turned off, and only a few strays of sunlight filtered through the blinds inside the room. The guy's back was turned to me, and he seemed so engrossed with what he was playing that he didn't even notice me coming into the room. 


I found a spot at the other end of the room. Unlike the guy, who seemed like he didn't mind playing music in the dark, I needed the light so that I can draw properly. Typically, I would put on my earphones and play music, but the music coming from his guitar was enough. I took out my sketch pad and continued the sketch I was making during English class this morning. It was a scene of the Eiffel Tower from the perspective of the rooftop cafe my dad and I went to after a full day at the Louvre. That was almost ten years ago, I was only seven years old, but the memory of that afternoon was as clear to me as if it just happened yesterday. My first trip to the Louvre was fun, but it was so tiring. My dad and I wandered through the exhibits, and while I was amazed at all the sculptures, historical artifacts and paintings I saw, I couldn't wait to see the painting of the Mona Lisa. My dad loved talking about La Joconde and you could just imagine my disappointment when I saw not only how many people were there to take pictures of the painting, but of how small it was! 

 

I got bored waiting for my dad, who was taking hundreds of pictures of the masterpiece, so I told him I would be waiting for him at the gift shop instead. And it was at the gift shop where I found the painting that still haunts me till now. It was a painting of a young woman and she was on a body of water, her hands are bound, and while she was probably dead, the way the artist painted her made it seem like she was alive. I could just make out a halo right above her head and it weirded me out that she could look so peaceful and angelic even though her bound hands indicated that it was not her choice to die that way. 

 

I looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter