Chapter 5

One More Chance

Sinb wander back and forth in her room. Is it true? She can't sleep a bit right now. Her mind was filled with the informations she just got from Sowon. How can someone keep it a secret from her? "No one has ever said anything about this? Why now?" Sinb sat down for few seconds and got on her feet again, continue wandering. She needs to find out the truth about this. "It can't be true right?" She walked over to her study table and start typing some keywords on the search bar.

Jung Yerin

'The only heir to the Kim Corps'

'Kim Corps only heir believed to inherit half of the company's share'

'Yerin, Jung, adopted at age three by Kim Taeyeon and Jessica Jung'

'First daughter of Kim and Jung couple'

Sinb scrolled through the search results. And she had her eyes wide opened upon one headline.

'Jung Yerin involved in a car accident. Died at the scene'

". Wait, if she's dead, how can she lives with that name without being found? Right? It's not possible. Urghhh all this," Sinb stomped on the table, had her hands on her head. She's still trying to figure out what exactly has been going on with her family. Plus, it shouldn't be possible that Jung Yerin was her sister. Her parents did told her that they once adopted a child but never once they mention the name, gender or anything related. All that Hwang Eunbi know was she's the second child of the couple. She felt the urge to ask her parents but figure to do it later since it's already midnight.

*7 hours ago*

"Sinb-ah!!!!" From afar she could hear someone's screamed out her name. She turned to see Sowon running towards her. "Wae?" Sinb asked the latter. Sowon stopped, panting, trying to catch a breath after running across the hallway. "You're not going to believe this. I just found out about this. Come, follow me." Without waiting for Sinb to say anything, Sowon already has SInb dragged by the way, Taking her to the library where Sowon had her laptop on one of the desk in the corner of the library.

"Sit down here." Sowon pushed Sinb onto the chair next to her. "Now, just shut up and listen." Sinb just nod.

"Alright, I came across few juniors just now. They just came out from the class which Yerin had with them. I overheard them talking about Yerin's background. As far as we both know, no one really knows about her right? I mean, all that we know is her name and age but we barely know her background. And so I heard them saying Yerin actually has no parents. She was an orphan. She was sent back to Korea from USA at the age of three by who? I have no idea. But then I don't even know where they found out about this. And so one of the boys said that Yerin had a massive assets and she's no ing rich that she can actually buy the whole South Korea if she wants. But that's not the case here. Remember that you once told me about your parents having a child before you? Well, being the genius I am, I search for 'Jung Yerin' and trust me, it'll blows your mind away." Sowon showed few articles about Jung Yerin and how in the articles itself stated that she was adopted by Sinb's parents. "Wait for a ing second, are you telling me she's a part of my family? And- wait I can't brain all this. It doesn't make sense unnie," Sinb look at Sowon, disbelief.

 

"If she turns out to be the Jung Yerin, then why no one ever look for her?" Sinb think hard at the thought. Slowly, she fell asleep with the thought.

 

"Yah Sinb-ah, didn't you sleep well last night?" Sowon pour a glass of juice and place it in front of Sinb. "Try to look alive can you?" Sowon took a seat in front of her. It's not just Sinb, but Sowon too had a hard time trying to figure it out.

"Unnie, I barely sleep last night. I read through all the articles you showed me at the library. But then I found another one. Jung Yerin is dead. She got involved in an accident and died at the scene. How can she possibly be living with that name and not being found?" Sinb take a sip of the juice and hold the glass in between her palms. She had her head down, staring blankly at the floor. "Sinb-ah, call your parents. Ask them," Sowon felt sorry for the latter for finding out about it. Who wouldn't surprise when your crush could be your sister? Though not biologically, it's still be awkward. Sinb just nodded at the suggestion. She thinks it's better to ask her parents about it rather than stressing herself out and end up having no answer to her questions. They both finished their breakfast and Sowon told Sinb she's going out with Eunha and probably will be back before 8pm. Sinb send her away and flopped herself on the couch.

She turns on the tv yet her mind wanders to another place. "Let's call eomma" Sinb opened her contact and click on 'Darling'. Since she has two moms, Sinb saved Taeyeon's name as Darling and Jessica as Queen. The phone keeps ringing with no answer. "Is she busy?" Sinb hang up and dialled 'Queen'. After three ringing, Jessica picked up the phone.

"Ah eomma, is appa busy?" Though they're her mums, they think it's better to address each other like normal parents would and that's how they decided to call Taeyeon as the father and Jessica as the mother. "Eunbi-ah, appa's in a meeting right now? Are you okay? You sound unwell,"

"I'm fine. Eomma, can I ask you something? But I'll come home this weekend. Tell appa about it. Eomma, take care. I'll call later. Love you."

"Ahh okay honey. You too. Love you more," They both hang up.

Sinb stared at the ceiling of the house. Blank mind. She can't think of anything at the moment. All that she can do is to wait until the weekend, meet her parents and find out the truth.


 

"Yeobo, is Sinb okay?" Eunha asked Sowon who was too focus playing games on her phone. "Ha? Not really but she'll be fine soon." Sowon anwered and continue focusing on the game. "Yah yeobo, are you on a date with me or your game?" Silence. No answer. Only the sound of the game can be heard.

"Urghhh that's it. Just play your game. I'm going home. Bye!" Eunha grabbed her bag and got up from the seat. She hesitated at first but when Sowon seems unaware of the situation, Eunha decided to just go back to her house. Suddenly she felt a strong pull by the hand which made her fall down onto someone's lap. She sat there, not moving a muscle. She can feel a finger pulling her chin to face the one who pulled her and a soft lips land on hers. She had her eyes closed due to the sensation of the kiss and she felt a tingling feeling in her stomach, her chest hurts a bit because her heart was beating so fast at the sudden interaction. Moreover, they're in the public so it surely will attract lots of attention on them and what they're doing right then.

 

"So, still going?" Sowon use her palm to support the weight of her head. She looks straight into her favorite girl's eyes. "Hello? Are you still there? Or do you want me to do it again?" No response from the short girl, Sowon leaned in and kiss her again. This time, harder than the previous one. She doesn't care if they're in public all she knows she wanted her girlfriend to stop sulking. "Mmmmm," Under the breath, Sowon heard a soft moan came from Eunha. She figured they should stop before it gets louder. Eunha might has a small body but her voice, it could get pass three blocks or so. "Why did you stop?!" Eunha yelled a bit as a result of frustration when Sowon pulled away from the kiss. "Honey, look around." Still on Sowon's lap, hands wrapped around Sowon's neck, Eunha looked around and she can see few people looking at them. "So? What do you say? Here or back at your place?" Sowon raised her eyebrows several times, teasing the latter. Eunha tilt her head a bit, giving Sowon the sign. They both smiled and they quickly got out of the cafe.


 

Sinb parked her car next to Jessica's. She entered the house, seems like no one at home. She went into her room, clean herself and get something to eat from the kitchen. As she was enjoying the kimchi jjigae her mother made for her, her phone vibrated indicating a message just came in. She looked at the message and it was from Yerin. 

Yerin : Sinb-ah, why didn't you come to the class today?

" I forgot to inform her,"

Sinb : About that, I'm sorry. I thought I already inform you. I'm at my parents' right now. I'll make it up to you later. 

"Hopefully she's not going to ask further," Sinb put away her phone but it vibrated again. 

Yerin : Really? It's okay. I'll see you next week then. Have a great day there. 

Sinb : Thank you. You too. 

Just then, she heard a car coming parked under the porch. Sinb greeted the person coming out from the car. "Appa, where's eomma?" Sinb noticed that Taeyeon came alone. She wonders where Jessica had gone to since her car was at the house. "I sent her to your aunt's house. She'll be back later. When did you arrive?" Taeyeon asked. She saw that Sinb was in the middle of enjoying her late lunch. "You ate?" 

"Not long ago. Ah yeah, I skipped breakfast so I got very hungry. Sorry I didn't wait for you guys," Sinb apologize. They normally eat together whenever there's three of them but she rushed a bit that morning and forgot to take breakfast. "It's okay. I should tell eomma to stay home but she said she had something to discuss with your aunt. Well, how's school?" 

Sinb tell Taeyeon about everything that happened at the school and about Sowon having a new girlfriend. But she yet to tell about yerin. Sinb did mention about her having to go the extra class but she never come to mention Yerin's name. "Appa, can I ask you something?" Taeyeon sense some seriousness in Sinb's way of speaking. She noticed that Sinb got a bit tense and so she just nodded. "I know that you once owned a big company but then you said you gave the company to Aunt Tiffany right?" Sinb try to take it slow. She's not going to rush it. 

"Yes, but why? You never talk about this before," Taeyeon felt weird. 

"anni anni. Another one, during that time, you did mention to me once you and eomma had adopted a child," 

That question hit Taeyeon a bit hard. Never once Sinb mention about it, the company, the adopted child. Taeyeon start to suspects something but she try to remain calm and see where this may brings. "Okay,"

"Well appa, may I know her name?" There, she finally ask for it. Taeyeon hesitate a bit but then, she sighed heavily. "Well, I think we should for eomma to come home. We'll you the whole story, okay?" Taeyeon hold Sinb's shoulder, pat it few times and head to her room for a shower. 

Sinb was left alone on the couch, having more confusion than she already has. "What does it means? She seems to hide something big. Urghh," Sinb closed her eyes and lay on the couch. Soon, she drifted to sleep. 


Yerin just finished baking some cookies when she heard a knock on the front door. She ran over to get the door. Looking upon the person standing in front of her, a smile appears on her face and also her beautiful eye smile. "Ommo, my pretty girl," The woman at the door pulled Yerin into her arms and hug her tightly. She gave Yerin her beautiful eye smile too since it's been a long time they meet each other. "Come in. I just finished with the cookies." Yerin welcome her guest into the house. The woman dressed up in pink color leather jacket with sleeveless top and tight black leather pants. She looked around the house and took a seat the dining table where Yerin set up two cups of coffee with a plate of the white choc walnut cookies with some pink glaze on top. "I can see that you're doing well now Yerin-ah. You take a very good care of this house. Aren't you bored, living alone in this big house?" Tiffany took a piece of the cookie. Anything with pink attracts her more. Yerin smiled. "Not really. I'm pretty used to it now. But lately I have someone to keep me companied when I'm scared, so it's a bit less lonely," 

Tiffany can see Yerin got excited at the mention of the girl. "wah that's great. Who's the girl?" 

"Just my junior at school. Her name is Eunbi, Hwang Eunbi. She's very nice. We hang out just about three to four times but I think I'm starting to like her more," 

Tiffany froze. 'That name,' She thought to herself. She put down the cookie she had in her hand. "Yerin-ah, are you sure about you liking her more now?" Tiffany couldn't help but to panic a bit. She didn't expect it to happen right now. 

"I think so. I can't stop thinking about her and I keep reading through our conversation on the phone even though it's not really special. You know I never have friends, she's the first person to ever make the effort to be close with me,' Yerin can't stop smiling. Her heart was flustered just at the thought of Sinb. 

After about an hour at Yerin's house, Tiffany decided to head back to her house. She told Yerin to look after herself. Tiffany gave Yerin some pocket money before leaving. Yerin waved her hands as soon as Tiffany's car left the house. 

In the car, Tiffany curse so many times she even lost count of it. " , THAT . How can she let them meet each other after what happened? I clearly told her that. ARGHH KIM TAEYEON!!!!" Tiffany screamed as loud it can get. 

"I need to do something. Yes, that's right, I need to separate them. This can't happen. If it does, everything that I've been working on will go to waste." Tiffany made up her mind. She speed up her car and took a left turn. She decided to face Taeyeon that evening. No matter what happen, she wants to resolve it once again.