Chapter 1

One More Chance

"Can you be any faster? We're late," A loud echo of one's voice can be heard across the big house. The owner of the voice put on her shoes and walk out of the door, waiting for her housemate.

 

"Just a sec. Here here I'm here. Let's go," The late girl closed the door behind her and enter the car.

 

"What is with you and time exactly? You're always late. Every single damn morning. Did you not set your alarm or what? Do I have to nag you everyday until we're both old? Why- *nagging continues*" Her name is Kim Sojung but her friends call her Sowon becauses everything she says would normally happen so it's like a wish thus the name. Her daily task would be nagging her housemate who never goes by a day without a chaos follow her.

 

The chaotic girl is Hwang Eunbi but because of her personality, Sowon gave her a new name, Sinb and people have been calling her that ever since. Both of them are childhood friends. Though they did not come with a silver spoon in their mouth, but their family still manage to raise them with the all the great things that they could afford. Never once do the girls ever complaint, instead, they felt grateful enough for everything they have had until today. Both of them grew into a wonderful young woman. Sowon is 23 year old while Sinb is 20 year old. Despite the , they get along very well with each other except Sinb teases Sowon a lot just because she is older but still has respect towards the older girl.

 

"Arasso arasso. Don't you get tired from all the nagging? No wonder your exes left you," Sinb leaned against the seat and closing her eyes. "Yah how dare you? Urghhhh, anyway, what time will your class end? Mine is at 4," Sowon asked. "Hmmm, I guess around 4.30 or something."

 

"Alright. Then I'll just wait for you at the cafeteria." Soon the two arrived at the school and went their separate way.

 

****************************************************************

 

"Where is this panini already? It's 5pm now." Sowon rest her head on the table. Along the sight she had her eyes on, two girls walked into the cafeteria. "My my my. The lord has blessed me with the view of my beloved crush." With that, Sowon sat straight up, admiring the one and only girl who makes her heart beats crazily as if it's going to come out of her chest. No doubt, Sowon is one of the hottest girl in her batch. Her figure is already breathtaking let alone her look. She's 177 cm, with her long hair and slender legs. Everyone will go head over heels for her. Though she has a lot of secret admires, she has her eyes only for the short girl, her crush, Jung Eunbi but most of her close friends call her Eunha. She's the total opposite to Sowon. She's short, has bobbed hair and she's cute, which everyone says she actually kind of resembles the rabbit. Eunha is her junior by two years. Her best friend is Choi Yuna also known as Yuju. She can be a bit weird at times but her personality is very charming.

 

"Well well well, what do we have here?" Sinb took a sit next to Sowon and try to look over at the very same direction as Sowon did. She can see clearly why the tall girl had that smile on her face for a very long time. "How long are you gonna sit and stare? Go over, ask for her number. You're the popular one. It's weird for you to do the stare game," Sinb grab the can drink from Sowon's hand and drink it. "I don't know. I'm scared. I mean, look at how cute she is. And she doesn't seems the type to entertain someone like me." Sowon had her head on the table, pouting.

 

"You never know. Why would you give up without even trying? Don't be stupid. She'll talk to you. Just go. It's been a year already. Or do you want me to do the talking?" Sinb has been having the idea for a long time but she too was a bit shy. She's the hyper one but starting a conversation is not really her thing. But, she knows very well how much Sowon likes the girl. She's been following Eunha on social medias, admiring every picture that the girl uploaded on her account and got excited about it all day long. She has never seen Sowon that crazy for someone. "*sigh* Fine, I'll go. Just wait here,"

 

Sinb made her way towards the table which was occupied by Eunha and Yuju. "Annyeonghaseyo unnie," Sinb plays with her fingers, fidgeting due to her nervousness.

 

"Ahh annyeonghaseyo. Yes. Is there anything I can help you with?" Eunha look over at Sinb with her cute sparkling eyes.

 

"Actually, I'm helping a friend of mine. She's sitting over there," Sinb pointed over at Sowon who had her face buried in between the pages of the book that she's holding on.

 

"Well what is it? If it's not too much, perhaps I can be any help to her," Eunha replied politely.

 

"My friend wonders if she can ask for your number," Sinb said and grinned cutely at the two girls who clearly were surprised with sudden favor. It's not like Eunha never had someone asking her out but getting one from someone is popular in the entire school, this must be some kind of prank or something. "Are you sure you got the right person? I didn't mean to be rude but are you trying to pull a prank on me?" Eunha didn't know what else to say but to ask.

 

"I'm sorry but this is the truth. We're not pranking you or anything. Just a sincere gesture. So, can my friend has your number Miss Eunbi?"

 

"I'm sorry but I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe, you can tell your friend over there to ask for it. I need to know if she's really just want my number or she has something up her sleeves." Hearing that response, Sinb bowed and walked away.

 

"Yah, she's one tough girl. She said you need to go there and ask for it yourself because she thinks you're just playing with her."

 

"WHAT THE? URGHH FINE. I'll go, you wait here." And soon Sowon made her way, approaching her crush. She's trying so hard to keep calm and make herself looks confident enough.

 

***************************************************************

 

"Sinb-ah, come down. Let's eat." Sowon shouted from the kitchen while putting down the last plate on the table. Since she's older, she does all the cooking and cleaning while Sinb handles other chores like fixing things, paying the bills, and making a mess. "Coming!" Sinb ran down the stairs and took her seat at the table.

 

"Unnie, I'm going out later. Do you want anything?" Since it's Sunday, Sinb decided to go out to the shopping mall to buy new clothes. It's not like she doesn't want to invite Sowon to go with her but she's known the latter for a very long time. Sowon would rather stay at home than going out when it's weekend unless she feels like doing so. "Hmmm, nothing for now. But if I have something on my mind, I'll text you later."

 

"Okay. I'll be back by 7. Just gonna grab those bomber jacket and the sweatshirt I told you about."

 

"Ahhh that one. Good. At least find something other than black color. You need to have some colors." Sowon knows very well how many clothes Sinb has in black color. Sinb said it matches every outfit so she doesn't have to spend more time thinking which clothes go with which.

 

"Yeah btw Sinb-ah, do you know that app? Kakaotalk? " Sowon asked.

 

"Ah I know. Wae?"

 

"Well, there's this one group they made for your batch with few seniors in it. It's for your project or something."

 

"How do you know that?"

 

"Eunha told me. Hehehe." Sowon had a huge grin on her face.

 

Later, Sinb just nodded and told Sowon to give her number to the admin to add her into the group. They finished lunch and as usual Sowon would clean up everything while Sinb went to her room to get ready to go out. She wore the black cap, sleeveless top with a black leather jacket, black leather pants and her favorite boots.

 

"I'm going," Sinb closed the door behind and drove off. On her way, suddenly she heard lots of notifications pop up on her phone screen. She wonders who would text her that many but she didn't bother to open them up and continue to drive away.