Chapter 4

One More Chance

"How was your 'trip'?" Sowon smirked.

 

"I almost kill myself Giraffe," Sinb flopped on the couch next to Sowon.

 

"Jjinja? What happened?" Sowon asked the helpless-looking girl next to her.

 

And so Sinb explained from the start of the incident until how she almost got caught by Yerin and then how she lied to cover up herself from the mistake she made.

 

"Hahahahahaha that was so funny. Oh my gosh Eunbi-ah, how on earth did you let it slip out of your tongue? Dude, you're all over her man. Hahahaha," Sowon keep teasing the latter and made her blush. "Yah, stop it already. You're going to die from laughing too much. But I think her parents are somewhat important people. Her house is no ordinary." Sinb wonder.

 

"Get closer with her and you'll get your answer." Sowon felt as if Sinb will be in contact with Yerin for a very long time but she has no high hope for it because they never know what will happen in the future but for now, Sowon's wish is for Sinb's happiness. Moreover, she's been with her since they're baby. She knows Sinb more than anyone else. Sowon knows what will upset her and what not. They fight once in a while but they always make up to one another few minutes later. They take each other as a family so it's normal for them to fight. Sowon hope Yerin's presence could make Sinb's life better. She has the look, she's smart but never once she experience love. No lies, Sinb once received a confession from a boy at the school but she said no since she likes girls more but of course she did that in the nicest way.

 

People might look at them both and thought they came from a wealthy family but the truth is rather the other side. They worked hard and earn money themselves though their family could afford it but they don't want to burden them more. Even at school, Sinb would spend most of her extra time with Sowon. They don't have that much friends, just a few, very few. What's important for them is that they have each other.

 

"Well Sinb-ah, let's go and prepare for dinner now." Sowon pulled the latter who groaned herself upon hearing the command. Even so, she still got up and help Sowon set up the table.

 


 

Yerin : Sinb-ah, don't forget tomorrow, the class.

 

Sinb : Will not unnie *wink*

 

Yerin : What are you doing now by the way?

 

Sinb : Just lazying around. Why unnie?

 

Yerin : Ermm, actually, if you don't mind, can you come to my house tonight?

 

Sinb : I guess so. Why is that unnie?

 

Yerin : One of my neighbor's house got broken into so I'm scared since I'm alone. But if you can't then it's okay.

 

Sinb : Well, give a sec. I'll go and tell Sowon.

 

Yerin : Is it okay?

 

Sinb : Yeah it's fine. Plus Sowon has a company tonight. She has a date tomorrow.

 

Yerin : Hehehe, thank you Sinb-ah *heart*

 

Since it's already night and the weather seems to be raining later, Sinb fasten her pace towards Sowon's room.

 

"Sowon-ahh, I'm goin- WHAT THE ! YAH NEXT TIME LOCK THE DOOR. I'M GOING TO YERIN'S HOUSE. I'LL COME BACK TOMORROW."

 

"WHAT THE SINB KNOCK BEFORE YOU ENTER. FINE GO. DON'T DISTURB ME." Sowon screamed from inside of her room. There was Eunha laying down her, . Who knows that Sinb would be barging into the room like that. Plus Sowon do blame herself for not locking the door in the very first place. "Mianhae yeobo, I forgot to lock the door. Sorry my bunny." Sowon apologize for the sudden interuption. "Hehehe it's okay honey. Now shall we continue?" Eunha smirked and pull Sowon by the neck and kiss her deeply. Sowon smile in between the kiss.

 

Meanwhile, Sinb pack her essential stuff; toothbrush, facial wash, toothpaste, brush, toner etc. Done with that, she packed extra t-shirt and pants along with her underwear.

 


 

Sinb : Unnie, I'm here already. Can you open the gate?

 

Yerin : Yeah sure.

 

It was pouring down heavily and Sinb forgot to bring along her umbrella. She parked the car under the porch. Unfortunately, she has to run through the heavy rain to get to the front door. "Well, I don't have much choice." Sinb ran as fast as she could. Just when she reach the front door, Yerin opened it, with the view of a soaked Sinb. "Ommo, I'm sorry. I should've come sooner with an umbrella." Yerin quickly apologize for her mistake. "Nah it's okay. I forgot my umbrella." Sinb said. She was shivering due to the coldness. "You're cold. Get inside and I'll get you a towel." Yerin lead Sinb to her room and let her took a seat the chair near the bed. Yerin then hand a towel to Sinb.

 

"I'm sorry to be calling you at this time."

"It's okay unnie. I don't even have anything to do at home so why not keep you company for the night. And we can go to the class tomorrow together." Sinb try to sound polite so that Yerin wouldn't feel bad about asking her to come. Who would refuse to sleep with their crush. It's definitely a bonus for Hwang Eunbi.

 

"Unnie, can I use the bathroom? I want to take a shower, just a quick one." Sinb asked. "Yeah sure go ahead. Do you want anything to drink before sleeping?"

"Ermm, it's okay. No thank you. Hehe, I'll go shower first." Soon, Yerin followed Sinb with her eyes until the latter enter the bathroom. Then Yerin prepare the bed, she moved few of her Jibangs to the Jibang's bed. She brush off the bed to make sure it's clean. She even spray some fragrance to keep the room smell nice. "What else?" Yerin had her index finger on her chin and tap it few times trying to think of what else to do. "Ahh I need to change my clothes," and so Yerin changed into a sleeveless top and yellow shorts.

 

Few minutes later, Sinb got out of the shower and saw Yerin on the bed with her phone, probably scrolling through her social media or something. 'Why is she so cute wearing that? With her hair down like that, lord save me please!' Sinb gulped a bit. "Unnie, where should I put this towel?" Sinb asked as she's been looking around for a place to put the towel. "Give it to me, I'll hang it for you. Go lay down first. You must be tired." Yerin took the towel from Sinb's hand and head to the balcony of her room. Later she joined Sinb in the bed. "Do you like it completely dark or you want a bit of light?" Yerin asked for Sinb's preference. "I don't mind. I'll sleep with just anything." Sinb answered with a smile. With that, Yerin turn off all of the lights leaving the room pitch black. She positioned herself on the bed. Though they share the same bed, it feels like they can still fit an elephant in between them. Wanting to make the situation less awkward, Sinb feels like asking Yerin a question. "Unnie, have you offered someone to sleep with you or have you brough anyone else to your house?"

 

"Erm, never. I don't have friends actually. I'm always busy with course works, projects. I do have friends but just at the school. You're the first." Yerin answered shyly. 'YES!' Sinb pumped up a fist secretly. "Really? Why?" Now Sinb turned to face Yerin next to her. 'Holy , she's glowing in the dark. So pretty.' Sinb admire every inch of Yerin's look. "I don't know how to approach someone. I mean, you're the closest now I guess though it feels like I'm only using you now. I'm sorry." Yerin had her voice lower down since she feels guilty for asking Sinb for such favor.

Sinb moved a bit closer. "Unnie it's okay. I don't mind at all." Sinb try to comfort Yerin. The latter then had herself facing Sinb and now they're looking into each other's eyes. Just at that moment, a loud thunder along with a lightning strikes which makes Yerin jumped into Sinb's arms. In reflex of her body, Sinb quickly hug the latter tightly while caressing her hair, comforting her. "Shh, its okay. I'm here." Sinb without knowing, kiss Yerin's forehead. At the same time, Yerin buried her face between the crook of Sinb's neck.

 

'Why does she smells so good? It's not even the smell of my body wash. Should I stay this way longer?' Yerin contemplate in her own thoughts.

 

Sinb pat Yerin's back few times, keeping her calm. Yerin then back off a bit and look at Sinb. 'She closes her eyes. How cute. Wait, how can I still her in the darkness. My heart is pounding hard. Hopefully she didn't feel that.' Yerin admire every bit of Sinb's facial and buried her face back.

 

'How fast does her heart pounding? Oh my gosh, is this a dream? Is my crush in my arms right now? Lord, please let this moment stays forever.' Sinb praised the Lord for the moment she had. Never have she ever thought it would turn out this way but who cares, she's never regretting this decision ever. Sinb pulled Yerin closer into her embrace and keep her eyes close. And that's how they drifted to the dreamland.

 


 

Sinb whimper a bit as she feels a light hit her face. She open her eyes a bit and it's already morning. She wanted to stretch but she felt a load on her arms and looked over to her arms. There was Jung Yerin, sleeping so soundly. Feeling that the latter won't notice a bit, Sinb slowly pull her closer. She took the chance to caress Yerin's smooth cheek with her thumbs. "Why are you so cute even in the morning? Do you know how much I like you? What have you done to me Jung Yerin? My heart beats crazily when you're around." Sinb whispered those words just enough for her to hear. She kissed Yerin's forehead for the last time and pulled out her arms slowly making sure not to wake her up. She took the towel and took a shower.

 

The days went by with both of them pretending as if nothing happened the night before. In the class, Sinb had her mind on the event before; how she ended up at Yerin's house, sleeping next to her, then Yerin slept on her arms and that she even got to kiss Yerin's forehead. Definitely a night to remember. 'Does she feels the same way I do?' SInb thought to herself. She wonders if Yerin would think about last night as much as she did but looking at how serious Yerin in the class explaining about the details of the project, she thought perhaps last night's event didn't bother Yerin at all. Little did she know, that morning in the bathroom, Yerin felt her heart pounding so fast that her chest hurts. 

 

Yerin was not even sure of her feelings. She didn't even know why she called out for Sinb. They're not even that close but that night, all she could think of was Sinb. No denying in it, she does feels somehow excited whenever Sinb's around. Having Sinb in her class is already one thing to be excited about but she's still confused of her own feelings for the latter. But it's never a confusion for Sinb. She never fall for someone but Yerin did just that. Sinb's already head over heels for her. This is the first time for Hwang Eunbi to like someone and even wanting someone so bad in her life but she didn't want to push it too much since she's not even sure for how Yerin would feel about it. Sure, Yerin showed a bit trust for Sinb and even show some interest in her but that doesn't assure Yerin likes her for more than a friend. Both of them wonder the same thing yet none of them had any idea of it.