Chapter 3

One More Chance

Sinb try so hard to look presentable when she's meeting with Yerin. As to be polite, Sinb inform Yerin beforehand before she heads off to the cafe.

 

Sinb : Unnie, I'll be there in 20 minutes. Let me know if you're already arrive.

 

Within second, Sinb's phone vibrated, indicating new message just arrive.

 

Yerin : Okay dear. Just take your time. How do you going to get here with?

 

"Is she really calling me dear right now? Ommo~~~" She couldn't help but to smile at the text.

 

Sinb : I'll drive there.

 

Yerin : I see. Drive safely and no speeding allowed. Hahaha. Take care *heart emoji*

 

A big smile appears on Sinb's face as she reads the text.

 

Sinb : I will. Thank you *heart emoji*

 

"Why not give her a heart emoji back right. Hehehe." Sinb giggled as she put her phone away and drove off to the cafe.

 

Since the traffic was fine, Sinb arrived 5 minutes earlier than she thought she will. But the parking spots were pretty much full so she had a hard time looking for one. Luckily there's one guy coming out and he signal Sinb to wait for a bit. Sinb raised her hand as a 'Thank you' sign. She parked her car perfectly and head into the cafe.

 

Sinb : Unnie, where are you?

 

Yerin : I'm in a plain dress, yellow.

 

Sinb looked around the cafe and there she was, her sort of 'crush', sitting, looking beautiful effortlessly. Yerin has a medium long hair, untie. 'Is that an angel?' Sinb thought to herself. "Sinb-ah, come here!" Yerin's voice quickly brought Sinb back to the reality. She shook her head few times and approach the table. "Mianhae unnie. Have you waited long?" Sinb pulled out the chair. She had a hard time calming herself down. She didn't expect Yerin to be someone with a very fair skin, bright smile on her face and that beautiful brown hair. All this while, she thought this unnie would look pretty much nerdy, round glasses with ponytail hair.

 

"Nahh. I just got here like 5 minutes ago. Let's order first." Yerin ordered and iced chocolate drink with chocolate cake while Sinb ordered an iced americano with chicken pie. "Unnie, do you love chocolate?" Sinb noticed that Yerin ordered everything made out of chocolate and she saw a glimpse of the inside of Yerin's bag and lord, that girl has like 3 different boxes of chocolates. "Very much. Hehehe. I don't mind other things when I have chocolate with me. I'm the happiest kid when someone give me a chocolate." And just then, Sinb saw that beautiful eye smile of hers. 'Man she's so damn beautiful.' Sinb thought to herself. "By the way unnie, what about the extra class thing?" Sinb asked as she spoon the chicken pie into .

 

"Yeah I almost forgot about that. Well since you missed the first class, we're supposed to have it next Saturday but I have some things to settle for. So I've pushed it to next Sunday. And as for your replacement class, we'll have it today." Yerin explained every detail and make sure she didn't miss a point. She saw Sinb nod few times. "Alright then. What are we going to do today?" Sinb asked. "We're going to finish our brunch now and head to my house after this. I forgot to bring the material. Is that okay with you?"

 

'What the hell? I'M GOING TO HER HOUSE NOW. Holy Kim Sojung ought to know about this. Everyone, I'm going to my crush's house!' Sinb screamed in her own mind. She got very excited knowing that she'll get to see Yerin's bedroom. It's going to be freaking lit experience for her. "Yeah sure. No problem. That'll do."

 


 

Yerin walked over to Sinb's car and knocked on the window. "Sinb-ah, you can just park here. It's okay."

 

Later, Sinb followed Yerin into the house. It's pretty big but Sinb can't seem to sense someone else's presence as if this girl is living alone by herself in the big house. The interior was simple yet looks elegant at the same this. Everything looks expensive, from its couch to the wallpaper. 'Is this girl that rich? How can she afford that antique chair? And that painting, isn't that the $14 million painting? Holy , who is this girl?' Sinb admires every inch of the house while calculating each details. "Unnie, aren't your parents home?"

 

"I live alone. My parents live in Gangnam. They told me to move in with them but I hate the fuss of changing school and all so they let me stay. Come, we're going to my room." Yerin quickly pull Sinb's hand and lead her to her room. She felt a bit shy since it's her first time bringing someone home since she doesn't really have any friends. She's afraid that people might think badly about her. Meanwhile Sinb had the best time of her life. Being dragged away by her crush into her crush's bedroom, oh yeah, she's enjoying every moment of it.

 

"Have a sit. I'll look for the file. You can just sit on the bed if you want. Make yourself comfortable." Yerin walked over to her study table and start looking for her file about the project. Sinb sat on the bed, leaned against the pillow. Sinb can see how much Yerin loves Jibang since she had a small bed made for her Jibang collection. 'How cute' Sinb had herself smile at the massive Jibang collection. "Alright, here's the file. Read through it first. I'm going to bring some snacks. If you have any questions, you can ask me." Sinb nod her head and with that Yerin went down to the kitchen. She took a box of her favorite chocolate and two different drinks, chocolate milk and pear juice. Then she grabbed a bag of Cheetos.

 


 

"Unnie, what does it means by 'Students should relate the project with their own personal experience' ?" Sinb asked while munching on the Cheetos. She had a few stain on her chin and Yerin laughed at the clumsy Sinb. Yerin wiped off the stain of Sinb's cheek and on her thumb. "Aahh unnie, mianhae. Hmm" Sinb hid her face behind the file, her face feels hot out of embarrassment. "Hahaha it's okay. Well it means that when you're choosing the title for your project, you should consider how easy it is to relate the title with your own experience. Since it's a social studies, I think it's not really that hard to find something like that. Plus, since you can do anything for this project is already easy enough right."

 

"Alright understood. So is it okay if I pick 'Community on The Acceptance of the LGBTQ' as my title?"

 

"That's alright. Actually that's quite good. But can I ask you something?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"What kind of personal experience you can relate to that?"

 

"Ahh my best friend, Sowon, she likes girl."

 

"But the personal experience is about you Sinb-ah," Yerin had a confused look.

 

Sinb looked at Yerin. ' what should I answer then?' Sinb tried to look for other things to say but none come out to her mind at that moment. "Well maybe you have a crush on a girl, you can relate that to," Since she saw how lost Sinb look, Yerin decided to help out a bit. "Ahh is it? Then don't tell anyone about this but I do have a crush on a girl right now." Sinb spilled out.

 

"Wahhh jjinja?! Who?" Yerin got herself sit straight up and excited upon hearing the confession.

 

"Well she's a senior. I like her personality. She's kind and sweet. I just love seeing how she treats everyone especially in the group chat when someone has something to ask," It's a doom for Hwang Eunbi. She didn't realize she's telling the details about the group chat because she had her mind thinking about her crush too much.

 

"Sinb-ah," The once excited Yerin now turned to a quiet one.

 

"Yes unnie," Sinb looked at her with a smile on her smile, still clueless that she indirectly telling the latter that her crush is Jung Yerin.

 

"Is your crush someone in the group chat?" Yerin asked.

 

Now now, finally it hits every part of Hwang Eunbi's existence. A lightning strikes Sinb's head, a black cloud surrounds her head, a heavy rain is pouring down, soaking Hwang Eunbi. ' I'M SCREWED. SHE'S THE ONLY SENIOR IN THAT GROUP. WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER NOW?' Sinb cursed herself in her head.

 

"Errr did I say about the group chat? I think I didn't say anything about that." Sinb stuffed herself with more Cheetos trying to run from answering further questions. "Sinb-ah," Yerin called out once again. "Yes unnie," Sinb answered shyly. "Is that senior happens to be me?" Yerin asked without hesitation. "No. Hahaha it's from another group chat,"

 

"Ahhh really. Hahaha. Don't take it seriously I'm just playing with you." Is she? Well no one really knows how Yerin feels inside. Even she was surprised to hear the sudden confession from Sinb.