Final 2.4

S T R O N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♥_♥

 

It had been an hour and half since Yoona is sitting in a fast food restaurant, not to eat for lunch but to finish her unfinished homework. "Aish." However, accounting is really for her, that she always edit her answers and starts it over, that it's taking her so much time. From time to time, she would eat the fries next to her laptop, while she tries to solve it again... and again. "For freaking out loud, why can't you just give it to me?!" She can no longer take it and she loudly complains about her homework. " this homework." But complaining would only result to nothing. And here she is again, solving the problem for the millionth time, not minding if other students around her is now disturbed with her constant whine and complains, over something that's too hard to solve. She still have 2 hours and half left, though. She needs to find the answer before that time, otherwise, she can't pass it to their strict professor.

 

"."

 

"."

 

"."

 

"Damn."

 

And more curses can be heard from her table again and again, in the next 30 minutes. She has ordered another bunch of fries again to keep her going... and going.

 

"Need a help." Until she heard an unfamiliar voice, stopping her from what she's doing and makes her head turn to the side. She did couple of blinks as her heart just started beating fast upon having eye-contacts with the girl. "N-No. I-It's okay... I can-"

 

"Move away." The girl interrupted her as she eventually pushed her on the side and took her seat in front of the laptop. "Oh, accounting. What a coincidence." She smiles and without asking for confirmation, she started solving the problem. "You just need to do this here... "

 

Yoona, who is apparently speechless, stared in disbelief to the latter. 'I didn't ask for any help but... why is this angel... ' she thought, couldn't able to comprehend what's going on out of a sudden. She didn't notice, her lips are parted while she's staring towards her. She couldn't just look away, even though she's not staring back at her. Like, this girl has some magic and she's apparently dazed and confused. And when started speaking, explaining about the solution, it's like a voice from a professional singer, she's taking her soul away from her. The stress she had earlier just automatically disappeared the moment this girl just came like she heard all her compains, frustrations and whines about her homework.

 

"Hey."

 

After a while, she snapped out of reality and finally noticed that small saliva from the corner of her lips that she hastily wipes off. "Um... what... what were you saying?" she is totally lost.

 

"What's up? Did you even hear everything what I said?"

 

Yoona blinks and shakes her head. "C-can... you start it over? I mean, can you explain how did you do it?" she bit her lip and shyly favoured.

 

"Pff. What a waste of time. But anyway, since I have no class yet. I'll do it over again. Listen this time, okay?"

 

"Yeah, sure. I'm sorry earlier... " Yoona feels like she's stupid but lucky enough the girl has 'patience'. And now, she's listening to her, as she explained everything again. Her heart is in joy for unknown reasons, while smiling like a fool. 'Whoever are you... thank you. You save my day.'

 

After another 30 minutes, they finished and Yoona can't thank enough after finding out how is it done.

 

"Thank you... Um, can I buy you something?" And she can't thank her enough.

 

"It's okay. I'm glad for a help. See you around." The girl stands up and was about to leave when she suddenly pointed to the mug on the table that has 'happy cup' text on it. "That, can I have that, then?" She flashes a bright smile eventually.

 

"Oh, my mug. B-But... This mug isn't... " Yoona pause as she thinks of it. "Okay, I will have another one, anyway." That causes her to just give the mug.

 

"Thanks." With that cheerful smile, the saviour of her homework finally left the restaurant.

 

Yoona can't think of anything except that, she's smiling like she hasn't done it her entire existence.

 

-

 

Laughter can be heard around the moment the doe-eyed girl opens her locker and she's there, standing stupidly because of the colour all over her face after a water gun shoots her straight to her face. Being bullied in school even though she's in high school now is not new for her anymore, but it always hurt her and always gives her a reason to tell herself, 'Stupid, Yoona.' She just looked down as she took her handkerchief and wipes away the wet on her face. But she hasn't finished yet when a hand stole her handkerchief and before she knows it, she's being drag somewhere.

 

Puzzled and speechless, she just let the stranger drag her until they reached the school's comfort room. "Who are you... "

 

"Why are you letting them do this to you?"

 

Her heart skips a beat upon hearing that voice. Her vision is quiet blur so it's hard to figure the person. "You-You... why... are you here?"

 

"You didn't even fight back? How are you so weak... "

 

"E-Excuse me?" Unfortunately, she doesn't like her next words.

 

"Isn't it like that? If you let others to bully you, just means you are weak." The stranger did not even hesitate. "But if you don't let them, that actually means you are strong and a fighter. You should be like that because you look like a loser if you don't do that."

 

Yoona scoffs. "Do you even know me or do you even know why they are doing it to me?"

 

The stranger shakes her head. "But all I know is that..."

 

"If I fight with them, I was just telling them to do it more. It's not guarantee that if you fight back, they don't stop."

 

"So ignoring them is your solution?"

 

"Yes, because it will only waste my strength and my time." Yoona countered furiously. "And for your information, I am not weak because I am doing this. It just means I know more than hitting someone or doing it back to them. I would be like them If do it." Yoona snatched her own handkerchief and left the stranger with a loud bang. "I thought she's a nice girl. She seems one of them too." She's totally disappointed learning the girl who helped her is not different from people that judge her so quick.

 

-

 

"I'm home." After a tiring school day, she arrived home feels like fainting. But as soon as the smell of the food from the kitchen travels to her nostrils, it suddenly gives her a new strength and she hurriedly rushed to the kitchen and finds her mother cooking with their chef. Her arms were thrown around her mother's waist as she whispers. "Thanks for dinner, Omma." And kissed her cheeks.

 

Mrs. Im chuckled. "You haven't even tasted it, choding. Go freshen up so could have dinner once you are done."

 

"I love you." She giggles and squeezes then kissed her for the last time before she finally let go of her and happily made her way out. She started singing a song while she's making her way to her room by skipping. She throws her backpack on the bed, grabs a sweat shirt and pajama pants and place them on her bed before grabbing the towel as she heads to the bathroom and freshen up.

 

Just fifteen minutes of shower and dried her hair, she exited with a bright and excited face. However, just as she reached their dinner table, she stopped when a familiar figure is apparently sitting next to her father, surprised her. "What... Are you doing here?" She asked as she glared at her.

 

"Oh, Yoong." Her father's attention shifted towards her almost immediately, which made the others turned their heads, including the stranger who flashed her annoying smile towards her.

 

"Who is that girl? Why is she here, Appa?!" She questioned, not leaving her eyes to the girl.

 

"You know her? You guys already met?" Mister Im is in disbelief. "So I don't have to introduce you two?" He looked back at the young girl next to him.

 

"No, I don't know her Appa, and I have no interest in making friends with her if that's your plan." Yoona her back and tried to leave when her mother arrived, giving her a knowing look. "I can't have dinner with you guys if that girl is-"

 

"Come on, it's just an impression. You are going to get along with her." Mrs. Im did not hesitate and she pushed her daughter back to their dining room.

 

"Omma... Please..." Yoona whines while reluctantly moving her feet back inside.

 

"She's a good kid, so you won't regret." Whispers Mrs. Im to her daughter as she pushed her down to her seat and she took the empty next to her.

 

Yoona couldn't look straight to the girl and decided to look down to her lap, playing with the hem of her shirt.

 

"Yoona, what did I say when we have a guest?" Mister Im calls the attention of his daughter.

 

"No. I'm not. Fany Unnie should be here first, Appa." Yoona favoured and pout her lips, stubborn to even give their guest a look.

 

"Aigoo... Your Fany Unnie will be late. She can't have dinner with us." Mrs. Im informed, reached for her daughter's hand and holds it gently.

 

Slowly, Yoona looked up and shows a puppy face to her mother. But she eventually turned to see their guest, who is sitting across her when she heard her giggling. "What's the matter?" she sent her automatic glares.

 

"Nothing. It's Seo Joohyun by the way, but you can call me Seohyun for short. And I think I can say this now... I'm your tutor in accounting from now on."

 

The deer's eyes widens, turning her head to her mother and father. "I... thought I already told you I can handle it myself, Omma, Appa?"

 

"Yoona, you know your grade is not good recently. We can't aford to see you dropping that subject if we don't take action about this."

 

"But Omma-"

 

"No buts. She's going to be your totur, whether you like it or not." Appa Im firmly stated.

 

Yoona sighs in defeat, but she still can't help it and sends glares to the girl across her. Seohyun just flashes her friendly smile, which annoys her even more.

 

"Alright, let's have our dinner now before it colds." Mrs. Im announces, giving her daughter a rub on her hand and telling her that she should shrugged it already.

 

Silently groaning on her seat, Yoona complied and took her chopsticks. She felt so uncomfortable for the first time, eating her meal on their own dinner table.

 

-

 

For the fifth straight night, Tiffany came home late but it never disappoints her to hear loud voices coming from her sister’s room. Even though they annoys her, it always so adorable to hear how childish her sister, bickering with her tutor. If other people will hear it, they would be worried hearing all of it, but since it’s always about ‘Accounting’, it’s just normal for her and for her parents.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprise if one day, I got home without hearing them bicker.” She said while chuckling.

 

“Aren’t they just getting closer, fany-ah?” Mrs. Im giggles upon hearing her daughter’s comment. “I mean, ever since Seohyun tutoring your sister, she had been talking about her… I don’t know, but I think it’s natural now for them to bicke.”

 

“Close? Close to fist fighting I guess, Omma.” Tiffany giggles back, opening the fridge and took a bottle of water. “I would definitely be getting gloves if one day, that happens.”

 

“We’ll see it later on.” Mrs. Im smirks.

 

“Omma!!!” Yoona came rushing inside the kitchen, was about to show the page on her accounting book when Seohyun grabs her wrist on time and drags her so fast. “OMMA HELP MEEEEE SHE’S GOING TO-HMPH.“

 

“WE’RE JUST HAVING FUN MRS. IM, DON’T WORRY.”

 

Mrs. Im and Tiffany looked into each other’s eyes, making slow blinks.

 

 

***

 

 

Again, upon opening her locker, a water gun shoots the deer's face that caused for another round of laughter.

 

"What's funny?" But the laughter suddenly stopped when Seohyun steps in and stood next to Yoona, as she faces the students. "Is it funny now that someone was bullied? What's this, a gang street? Not a school anymore?" She sarcastically asked as she eyed each of them.

 

"She's a loser." Someone said.

 

"And so?" Seohyun crossed her arms and raised her brows to the blonde guy that commented. "That's the reason you are bullying her? I think you are more than speaking for yourself? I've heard you got -B from your recent exam?"

 

"That's not true!" He furiously shouted at her.

 

Seohyun did not even flinched and she continues. "I'm one of the student council's members so I have all the access of the exam, Joonki. If you want, I can get it for you and prove to everyone I'm lying." She smirks, daring the latter.

 

Everyone now started murmuring to each other that it quickly turned Joonki to march away from the scene.

 

Yoona who is busy wiping her face and shirt is quietly smiling. She wanted to scold Seohyun for scolding that boy but she's busy with her own dirt that she doesn't mind listening to her.

 

"And what are you guys looking at, eh?" Seohyun threatened the students by holding up a fist and she steps forward to attempt. All of the students hastily left the scene just like the one who bullies Yoona. "Aish, look who is actually loser’s her." mumbles her and shakes her head. "You alright, Yoongie? I told you don't open your locker facing it. You should bring a cover next time." Then she checks on her friend for three months now. And within those three months, she has discovered a lot of stuffs about the latter that got them closer. Being a tutor is not that bad after all as she thought it would be since it's her first time, and it's her father's friend's request. Even though at first it was hard to get her attention because of her first impression towards her. But it didn't last that long, thankfully.

 

"Yah!" Yoona hits the younger girl on her shoulder that stuns her. She then smile so wide and reached for her cheeks. "Thank youuuu... cutie pie. " pinching it hard before she immediately runs away animatedly.

 

Seohyun scoffs. "That choding." But she eventually follows her. "Wait for meeee!!!"

 

-

 

"It seems that everyone have really studied... a lot of you have passed..."

 

While their teacher is casually returning the exam papers that they did last week, Yoona is on her seat, clasping her hands, closing her eyes while praying that she will pass above average or at least average this time. Since her parents have hired her Accounting tutor three months ago, she never missed a night to study and never missed homework to do without finishing it in school. Although she's not guaranteed she's good at it yet, she still hopes and prays she passes. She worked her off for it, it should be rewarded with good grade, right? 'Please be good... please be good... please be... ' she didn't able to continue her murmurs when her phone vibrates on her skirt's pocket. She casually took it without opening her eyes and only opens them she has already heard the unlock tone. Her eyes were slightly blinded by the lights but as soon as it clears, her lips curved into a little giddy smile.

 

Hyun-Hyun: I Am COUNTING on you.

 

"Miss Im."

 

"Yes, Ma'am." She literally stands up and looked at their Accounting teacher immediately, only to earn laughter and giggles around. She looked down embarrassingly.

 

"Next time." Their teacher whispers to her as she put the test paper on her table.

 

Yoona blinks a few times, takes her seat, slowly flipping her paper... her eyes widened and her heart skips a beat when she learned she only has three mistakes. Which means, she's aboave average. Her emotions couldn't be hold as she started tearing up. But doesn't want to get embarrassed more, she took her new handkerchief and covered her face with it as she silently cries her heart. 'Thank you... thank you so much, God... and thank you so much for Hyun-hyun.'

 

-

 

As a gift for her hard working tutor as well, Yoona went to buy something for her after the bell rang. "What's taking her long?" Now, she's waiting in the school's park, sitting in a bench under a tree. She keeps glancing on her wristwatch while her feet are tapping on the ground constantly.

 

She just can no longer wait for her, so she took her phone and calls her. "What's... going on?" But to her surprised, she isn't answering. She thought she already told her to meet her in the park? "Why isn't she answering?" She tried to call her again after it just ended without her answering it. But that second try resulted into so many tries until she decided to get up and looked for the girl. She went to library first, that one of the places she can see her because she's a bookworm, but unknowingly, she didn't find her there. "Classes are done, what's up with her?" She proceeds to the school's science building, gymnasiums, football and baseball field... but still failed.

 

"Aish, how she ditch me?" And now, she's thinking that puffy cheeked girl have gone home without seeing her. "She's so dead." She marched to the gate instead, planning to go straight to the girl's house and scold her so many times so she could know how many hours she waited for her and she just look for her around the campus just to find her. But even before she reached the gate, she stopped and raise her brows, upon seeing someone just walks into the campus. 'What the, where did she go?' she thought while watching her without her spotting her yet.

 

As soon as Seohyun spotted her, "Yoongie-ah!" The girl waves her hand in the air and jogs towards her.

 

Yoona is upset that she doesn't know where did she got and avoided Seohyun the moment she stopped in front of her. She just passed at her with a cold shoulder and proceeds to leave the campus.

 

"What?" Seohyun was left dumbfounded. Yet, she caught up immediately. "Did something bad happen?" She wonders. But instead of an answer, Yoona ignores her and fasten her walk to the nearest bust stop. "Seriously?" She scoffs and fasten her walk as well. But as she tried to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter