G-Dragon - Birthday Surprise

K-pop One Shots

I was so excited! I was finally getting to see him in concert. I couldn't believe it. "Rental car? Check. Hotel room? Check. Oh no where are my tickets?!" I dug frantically around in my purse until I found them. "Oh good. I would have hated to leave those at home."

 

I checked the time and noticed that I needed to get ready so I could head to the concert venue and get in line. I quickly got cleaned up and dressed in my best, not that anyone would care or notice, but I still wanted to look good. Cute top, cute jeans, and hat with his name on it. I grinned at myself in the mirror. "I look good." Normally I don't act like this, but I was feeling great and super pumped for this concert!

 

I walked down the street to the concert venue and got in line to wait for the show. Once inside I found my place. I had a really good seat. I sat there anxiously waiting for the concert to start, fidgeting and wondering why it took so long.

 

Soon, the lights dimmed and the stage lit up. I grinned and screamed with the thousands of fangirls and boys filling the stadium. It was time. He was finally here.

 

All throughout the night I couldn't take my eyes off of him; singing along to the songs I knew, listening attentively to the ones that were new to me. Several times it felt like he was staring straight at me. I know I blushed. A lot.

 

I was super tired by the end of it but had a hard time making my way out of the stadium. Somehow I got turned around and ended up lost.

 

Just as I was turning around looking for a sign with directions, I bumped into someone and fell down.

 

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" they said in accented English.

 

I froze. I know that voice. It can't be. I must be dreaming.

 

The person I bumped into squatted down in front of me. "Are you okay miss?" He held out his hand to me.

 

I hesitated to take it. "Y-yes. I'm okay. Sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention."

 

He took my hand and helped me to my feet, holding me somewhat closer than was necessary and steadying me. "Not to worry. Did you get lost?"

 

"Yea. I was trying to leave but the crowd got me turned around and I somehow ended up here."

 

"Well I am about to go grab something to eat and then go back to my hotel. Would you like to join me for dinner? I can give you a ride to where you are staying afterward."

 

I blushed darkly. "I would love to join you. Thank you."

 

He smiled brightly at me. "I never caught your name," he said as he looped my arm through his and led me toward a waiting car and driver.

 

"Shady. My name is Shady."

 

"Shady," he repeated slowly, testing my name out. "I like it. It's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled down at me as he opened the door for me to get in.

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you too...um..." I hesitated.

 

He chuckled. "Aren't sure what to call me are you?"

 

"Not really," I smiled as he slid in beside me and the driver drove off. I mean I know almost everything about you. Well at least what the media and you allows your fans to know. So I know your stage name and I know your real name. But I don't know what you prefer to be called."

 

He smirked at me. "You could call me oppa."

 

I blushed even darker. "Is that appropriate for me to call you? I mean I know I'm younger so that fits. But I'm not Korean."

 

He leans close and whispers, "I would love for you to call me oppa."

 

I was beyond floored and flustered.

 

Luckily for me, the driver pulled up at this little mom and pop restaurant. I was surprised but followed him out and into the restaurant. The owners greeted him as if they knew him. I sat across from him quietly after being introduced to them and greeting them.

 

"I come here to eat every time I make a stop in town. I found it years ago. The food is fantastic. Have you had Korean food before?"

 

I nodded. "I love Korean food. I just didn't expect you to come eat at a Korean restaurant on tour like this."

 

"I wanted some comfort food." He smiled. "Its been a long trip."

 

The night went on with us eating more food than I thought possible and laughing and talking. I found out that he had noticed me from the stage and had hoped he would get a chance to meet me. Hearing that had me blushing darker than a tomato. Guess me getting lost was fate.

 

He taught me some new Korean words and helped me with the pronunciation of the ones I already knew. I really got to know him on a different level. I had so much fun with him, I forgot he was an idol, which is exactly how he wanted it.

 

At the end of the night, he had his driver drive me back to my hotel and I found out he was staying there as well just on a different floor. He walked me to my room, both of us giggling and dreading the end of the night.

 

"Well this is me..." I said hesitantly as I stopped outside my room.

 

He looked sad to be here already. "I had a great time tonight, Shady. Thank you."

 

"It was my pleasure, oppa." I smiled shyly as he beamed hearing me call him that. "I had an amazing time. I never dreamed that this would happen. Your concert was my birthday gift and it was even better than I could have expected."

 

"Your birthday huh?" he smiled wryly and leaned in close slipping a piece of paper in my hand as he kissed me softly. "Happy Birthday Shady."

 

I was stunned as I watched him walk away. When he had disappeared around the corner and I made it into my room I opened the paper in my hand.

 

Call me sometime XOXO

 

Kwon Jiyong

 

I flipped it over and saw his phone number, Kakaotalk, and Line information. I don't know when he had time to write it. Maybe that moment when I went to the bathroom? I giggled like a school girl as I settled into bed picking up my phone and chewing on my lip.

 

I dialed the number and my finger hovered over the call button. I took a deep breath and hit it, biting my lip harder wondering if he would pick up. I almost dropped my phone when I heard him answer.

 

"Yeboseo?" he said.

 

"Hey, its me, Shady..."

 

I never got tired of our phone calls, FaceTime video chats, or text message conversations. Every night before we went to bed and every morning when we woke up, no matter what time zone we were in. They were, and are, the best moments of my life.