Kim Donghyun - Worry

K-pop One Shots

He waited impatiently in your room at your bedside.

 

“Come on baby...please wake up...I can’t do this without you…” he murmured desperately, raising your hand to his cheek.

 

“Excuse me,” a nurse softly called from the doorway. “Are you Kim Donghyun?”

 

He nodded as he glanced annoyedly at her.

 

“I’m sorry to intrude, but the doctor needs to speak with you in the hall…”

 

Donghyun sighed softly, “Be right back yeobo…” He kisses your forehead softly before following the nurse out into the hall to speak with the doctor.

 

“Sorry to pull you away from your wife, sir, but there is some information we need to get from you.”

 

Donghyun nods. “What can I help you with?”

 

The doctor hands him a form to fill out. “We need this form filled out before we can file the necessary paperwork.” The doctor looks at Donghyun sadly. “Don’t worry son, she will up soon.”


Donghyun nodded absentmindedly as he filled out the paperwork, hesitating over certain spots before filling the lines with what you would want them to say.

 

When he finished the paperwork, he handed the form back to the doctor.

 

“Thank you sir. You can go visit now. I will make sure these get to the right place.”

 

Donghyun nods and drags his hands over his exhausted face. He hasn’t slept in days and doesn’t know if he will ever be able to again.

 

Without even thinking, his feet take him to the window of a room where he stares in, his face a mix of emotions. He doesn’t know how to feel without you. “Yeobo...please don’t leave me to face this alone...I can’t do it….not without you…”

 

He speaks quietly to a nurse before accepting what she hands him and then going back to your room, sitting beside you, and taking your hand in one of his.

 

“Come on my queen...please wake up…”

 

He hears a faint noise coming from your lips as your hand tightens around his.

 

“Wh-where am I?”

 

Donghyun loses control as the tears pour from his eyes, a smile breaking out across his face. “You’re awake...yeobo...you’re awake…”

 

You giggle tiredly. “I promised I would be back my king.” Your face shows exhaustion as you carefully reach up and wipe away his tears.

 

Donghyun leans into your hand. “Hee Young...I’m so glad you came back to me...I couldn’t do this without you…”
 

You look slightly confused. “Babe...do what without me?”
 

Donghyun looks down at the bundle in his arms. “Hee Young, meet Kim Hwa Young. Our beautiful baby girl.”

 

You tear up and smile as the memories of the past few days flood your mind. “O-our baby girl?”

 

Donghyun nods as he gazes lovingly at the baby. “Our beautiful baby girl.” He looks up at you smiling. “She’s as beautiful as her mother and as strong as her big brother.”

 

You smile happily as your son runs into the room and leans on Donghyun’s shoulder.

 

“Eomma! You’re awake!”

 

Donghyun chuckles softly, “Shhh buddy, you’re gonna wake up your sister.”

 

The young boy looks down at his sister in awe. “She’s my baby sister?” he whispers softly. “She’s so small…”

 

You gaze lovingly at your family.

 

Donghyun smiles at you and gently places the little girl in your arms, your son climbs up next to you, and Donghyun goes around to the other side of your bed, sitting gently next to you and wraps his arms around your shoulders.

 

“Finally we are all together…” he murmurs in your ear, kissing your temple softly.

 

As you gaze lovingly down at your little girl, with your boys surrounding you, the nurse steps in and snaps a picture for you to remember the moment by, placing the polaroid on the dresser along with the flowers and gifts from the nurses and doctors who worked with you throughout both of your pregnancies.

 

Later that night, the nurse comes and tucks your daughter gently into the crib in your room and Donghyun’s parents stop by to pick up your son for their turn watching him while you recover. As you start to get sleepy, Donghyun climbs into the bed next to you, gently pulling you into his arms and holding you close.

 

You nuzzle against his chest listening to his heartbeat. “I love you…”

 

Donghyun smiles, “I love you, Hee Young...now sleep yeobo...rest up and get well so we can take our baby girl home…”

 

You smile and kiss his chest softly, already drifting off to the beat of his heart.

 

Donghyun smiles and kisses the top of your head, humming softly to you as he falls asleep with his lips in your hair, murmuring, “Hee Young my love, Hee Young my heart, Hee Young my life...always and forever…”