SO COLD

Lipstick Stain

On their third day of freedom, the girls went on to the same routine they had yesterday. Half of the day was spent playing and watching some new/old movies which have some "slice of life" themes and some inspiring ones as well. Aiming to learn something valuable that should come in handy in the future.  Afterwards, they  agreed to watch some variety shows, talk shows and even some on stage performances of them and other girl groups in the industry, having the same objective. 

In the afternoon, they switched to watching a comedy movie. The four girls were scattered on the floor, enjoying the film, laughing every now and then. On the left corner of the couch, you can see Sowon and Yerin. Sowon who seemingly likes the film, glanced at the girl beside her who's on other hand looks bored. Sowon kept staring at her, stuck again on why the younger girl was so radical these days. Completely disturbed, Sowon disarmed  and her thoughts fixed on  Yerin's words and actions that have been occupying her mind for the past few days. Remembering, Sowon enumerated all the things that kept her asking "why."

On Saturday, Yerin was strangely quiet, she even look tired. 
On that night, Sowon told the other girl how excited she was to know Yerin more. Sowon frowned .. "Unnie! Please DON'T say those words." Yerin replied in a defeated tone.  
The tall girl just couldn't get it why Yerin said that because she was just clearly talking about the goal of their 7-day break. 
The next day, when she saw Yerin in a messy situation. Wondering what the girl's tears are for, Sowon looked even more confused. 
On the same night, "Exactly the point, I haven't done any thing wrong yet, but I feel like I would any time soon." These words of Yerin just had Sowon look down closing her eyes feeling anxious. Not to mention the passionate hug Yerin gave her, which until now is clear in Sowon's mind. That feeling of warmth and longing..
"I don't think this is the proper place and time unnie..", remembering, quickly for some reason, Sowon grabbed her phone probably trying to shake off her anxiety from everything she recalled.  She just can't. 

"It can't be! There's no way she'd feel that! That's just IMPOSSIBLE! Sowon convincing herself in silence. Considering the possibility that Yerin might be in love with her.

But if anyone would judge, those signs and indirects indeed spell love. But Sowon overlooking at the hints, shook her head from left to right erasing the creeping thoughts from her head.  

Eunha turning her head behind, to reach for a cushion accidentally saw the two looking so awkward. 

"Why is Yerin unnie not laughing as much as she always does when we're watching movies like this? And why is Sowon unnie just using her cell phone?" Eunha asked to herself, sensing that her two unnies were totally on a different mood. 

Yerin, noticing, not wanting the petite girl and the others to make a big deal out of it, she smiled. "HAHAHA Sowon unnie! Look! That scene just now was very funny!"     She laughs as she slightly tapped the other girl's shoulder signaling to back her up. Sowon who saw the girls judging faces' from below, fastened her reply. 

"HAHAHA! You're right! That was hilarious! When clearly the scene Yerin was talking about was not that funny, leaving the others stuck on their judging faces. 

"Ah! Why? We told you that we like to watch another kind of film, so don't blame us if we look bored! Right, Yerin?" Sowon hoping she sounded natural. 

"Exactly! Just keep on watching you guys, it's almost over. hihihihi" Yerin hoping the same. 

Then all of them shifted their attention back to the TV screen.

___________________________
Time flies as it is almost dinner time. Everyone was satisfied from the fried chicken they ordered filling in their always "hungry stomach." haha

After eating, the girls stayed inside their respective rooms doing some individual stuff. 
____________________________

Inside Sowrin's room, silence once again filled the atmosphere. What you can only hear is some music buzzing out from each other's earphones. 

"I should probably settle this once and for all. It might be that Yerin has something that's bothering her, possibly a situation she want to get out of, or maybe something that she wants to get it over with." Sowon examining the possibilities. Unknowingly, guessing everything right. 

Yerin who's on the upper bunk, quietly breaking her heart with a playlist of her favorite love songs, just couldn't contain her thoughts about her and Sowon. 

"I am giving her a hard time, I should do this now." Then a sudden, risky idea popped out of Yerin's mind. 
Looking at the upper right corner of her phone.. "10:45 p.m."
She jolted at the sight of the time, amazed how even  time is on her side. It's as if it agrees with her. 

"I think this is the only way we can talk without the others. It's late that few people may see us. This could be it!" Yerin pondered. 

Nervous, Yerin slowly descened from her bunk to check if Sowon is still awake. As soon as she hit the floor, Sowon cleared . 

"Where are you going?"

"uh,  say unniee.." slightly frightened. 

Yerin stood firm looking at Sowon determined.  Eagerly wanted to propose her dangerous idea.

"It's so late now and everyone's asleep already.."

Sowon looking back at her, waiting. 

"So why don't we go outside and talk somewhere instead?" she started. 

Sowon startled. Not sure if she's getting it. 

"We'll sneak out!" 

Sowon choked at Yerin's shocking request. 

"What? Sneak? Out? What are you thinking? Yerin, we can't  do.."

"Unnie, this is the only way we can properly talk without controlling our facial expressions and emotions.. we have to go!" 

"I'm not sure we can manage to.." 

Yerin pouted. 

"Gosh! I can't see how you came up with this idea, but whatever!" 

Yerin smiled. 

"But we have to leave at midnight, just to be sure." Sowon suggested. 

Yerin nodded. "We still have over an hour to wait until 12." 

___________________________________

It's now 11:30 and the girls are now on their casual winter  clothes getting ready to leave once time permits. Moments later.. 

"Unnie, let's go!" Yerin whispered. Sowon stood up still not knowing why they really have to do this. Why do they have to gamble at this plan just to "talk.

The door creeks open.."Unnie, let's get out one at a time." she suggested, still whispering. 

"Alright. You go first. Be sure not to make any noise." Sowon instructed, also whispering.  

"I'll head now, let's meet outside."  

On tip toes, Yerin reached the door rather quickly, carefully typing in the password, leaving it open until Sowon comes. Seeing Sowon hurriedly approaching, Yerin nodded as a signal that she'll go down first, leaving the door half opened for the taller girl to easily escape as well. 

In no time, the two was finally able to come out of the building, panting and freezing at the same time. The cold winter breeze that has seemed to be unfamiliar to them since they were stuck inside the four corners of their dorm room, had them in nostalgia. 

The cold late night, welcomed them. 

Recovering from the high of their escapade, the both of them looked at each other smiling. 

"Waaah! Oh my gosh that was really.." Yerin couldn't even describe her feeling of success and relief. 

"I'm so nervous." Sowon couldn't define what she's feeling any better. 

"Let's go now unnie, I have a place in mind." Yerin said grabbing Sowon's left wrist, leading the older girl towards the opposite direction. They hailed a taxi and soon after, they reached a quiet, wide park with only few people walking around. 

Finding an empty wooden bench, the duo sat down. 

"We don't have much time.. what do we talk about?" Sowon started off.  

"Well, first of all, I want to thank you for letting me do this. And sorry if we had to sneak out." 

"It's okay, I have been waiting for this too, since we can't really do it at the dorm and you seemed not ready as well, not until now." 

"If there's anything, I'll tell you unnie." 
"I'm afraid I'm not in the position to do so Unnie, but please give Yerin-unnie some time.. trust me it's what she needs. And when she finally decide to talk about it, please hear her out." 

Sowon's sudden memory of Umji's statements puzzled her. Is this what is all about? She asked herself. 

Yerin was now clenching her fists to fight the cold and nervousness while working hard to steady her heart.. she 
then deepen her stare at Sowon looking so gorgeous as ever. Grabbing the older girl's attention. 

Sowon stared back. 

"I told you we don't have much time, what is it?" Sowon unintentionally got a little pissed recalling the talk she had with Umji. It's just so frustrating why things just couldn't be done already. 

"Yerin-ah!" 

"Unnie.." Yerin felt like her heart was about to pop out, organizing her thoughts and words frantically. 

"I don't know where to start, I haven't prepared anything, but all I have with me is my honesty." She finally managed to start off well. 

"I know I have been so strange and possibly unreasonable these days, but I have my reasons." 

Sowon looking frustrated at the long intro.

"I understand. But you're making this more complicated, why don't you just tell me everything at once? Yerin, see how I am trying my best to read your mind, how I studied your actions and how I try not to worry as your leader! I tried to see right through you.. but I can't." 

Sowon can't really do so, because Yerin has been professionally hiding her heart all this time.  (ugh)

"I know I could be stubborn and over too playful at times, I may have the reputation of being a playgirl and I feel confident most of the time, but unnie, I at this "emotional journey." Yerin holding  back her tears. 

"Just talk.. start somewhere." Sowon said calmly.   

Yerin gaining courage. 

"They all have meanings to me.. the way we talk, the way we treat each other, the times we made fun of each other, those times I feel proud everytime you do your job well as a leader, the performances we shared on stage that makes me happy all the time. They make me." 

Yerin admitted. 

"Sowon, (I left out the "unnie", I don't know why. lol)  for all the times that I'm with you.. they make me." 

"I don't understand.." 

"Ugh. Why is this so hard?!" Yerin blurted out her frustration. 

"Yerin-ah! I'm getting pissed! Why don't you just tell me how you feel? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" 

"YOU! YOU ARE MY PROBLEM!" couldn't hold back her tears any longer, Yerin replied crying. 

"Unnie! I don't know when.. when it all started. I couldn't even understand myself. But you know what's suffocating me? It's the fact that even though I tried damn hard to not feel.. but unnie, I .. I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU, I LOVE YOU!"   

____________
Waah I tried to  post this today, I just can't hold myself back as well. HAHAHA. Sorrym for the cliffhanger ending, I just don't want to continue further comprising the next  part. haha. Bu yeah, so Yerin finally gave in to her feelings. How about Sowon? How would she react at Yerin's "I LOVE YOU." Please wait for the next chapter! :D I'll do it as soon as my exams are over. ;)